It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2006, 06:41 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Nervous about C-section?

This will be my second c-section. However with the first I labored for hours and tried pushing for hours as well. I was begging for the c-section with my daughter just to get her out and stop the pain. This time I have a scheduled c-section and feel quite nervous about it. I'm nervous now b/c I will be very aware of what is going on. Any body else nervous?

Old 03-30-2006, 08:03 AM   #2
(female)

Donte HB User
Re: Nervous about C-section?

Yes, I'm nervous too. I had a c-section with the first, but #2 and #3 were VBAC's. I chose to do a c-section this time because I don't want to take any chances of things going wrong because I have other medical conditions to be concerned about. I just hope all goes well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2006, 08:54 AM   #3
(female)

Donte HB User

Yes, I'm nervous too. I had a c-section with the first, but #2 and #3 were VBAC's. I chose to do a c-section this time because I don't want to take any chances of things going wrong because I have other medical conditions to be concerned about. I just hope all goes well.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

michey
i recently had an urgent c section luck me to escape any labour at all. even though i was worried about ds being ok i got through it fine in fact i don't remember being aware of the surgery because my mind was just worrying about ds. the spinal block was no problem and ds was delivered and i was back to my room in what seemed quite a quick period of time. best of luck to you i am sure all will be fine

Old 03-31-2006, 07:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User

Thanks you guys for your responses. I know every labor will be different. I hope I'm relaxed. And I hope the baby is healthy, that's most important.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:15 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User

I think I am going to beg for them to knock me out before doing the c section. Call me a wimp..but laying there knowing what they are ding I dont think I can handle it. The tugging sensation alone will do me in.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:58 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User

i was the same way but trust me.... it's not that serious and when your baby comes out screaming you can CARELESS about everything esle going on.

and you don't want to miss the first cries.... i can still remember my son's first cries....

Old 05-17-2006, 09:08 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

i think i'm going to go with an elective c-section...don't want labor pains..will be my first baby.....unless you guys feel that it's too much pain involved.....but i have heard it's really not bad.

what is involved with spinal and how does that differ from an epi?

Old 05-17-2006, 09:24 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchak99
i think i'm going to go with an elective c-section...don't want labor pains..will be my first baby.....unless you guys feel that it's too much pain involved.....but i have heard it's really not bad.

what is involved with spinal and how does that differ from an epi?
Elective c section? If you are afraid of labour pains, you DONT want a c section. The procedure and recovery alone would probably do you in.

They do give you an epidural if you request it. You dont have to have a c section to have an epi.

Closed Thread