It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2006, 07:53 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User
Unhappy Went to the dr. yesterday mostly good news but............

I'm in the middle of my 4th month (16 weeks along) and I have already gained 15lbs.

The dr. didn't say anything until I brought it up, then he said that its a little more weight gain then they like to see at this point.

The sad part is, I was just there at the end of Feb. and only gained 4lbs total, so I gained the majority of the weight in this last month! NOT GOOD!

I'm already overweight, and just to give you a good idea, I'm not one of those skinny little women that THINK I'm overweight, I AM OVERWEIGHT. I was 232 when I got pregnant (I'm 5'9) and now I'm 247! That is awful.

My ankles are swelling too. I have been drinking lots more water and trying to stay away from salt......so depressing!

Old 03-30-2006, 08:01 AM   #2
(female)

greenjppixie HB User
Re: Went to the dr. yesterday mostly good news but............

Well, that's not the best news but not the worst. Are you taking walks? Cutting out salt is certainly a good start, but make sure you are drinking LOTS of water and taking walks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User

I cut out all soda, and I'm drinking lots of water, and going to start my treadmill!

Old 03-30-2006, 08:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

I gotta say, exercise and water consumption makes all the difference! I gained 68lbs with my first (was 135 to start and ended up over 200 by delivery) and this time I have gained 32lbs at 36 weeks (started at 160 and am now at 192). The difference between the two is that I started drinking 10 cups of water a day, at least and work out on a stationary bike 3 to 4 times a week for about an hour at a time.
Just so you know too, the water retention isn't anything you can really control so a lot of your gain at the end of your pregnancy could be that. I lost 50lbs by 4 weeks after having ds. I was down to 152 but gained back to 160 before getting prego with this beanie.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:09 AM   #5
(female)

sandra2005 HB User

hi, congratulation.. i dont think its the worst thing in the world but if its upsetting you then you should try to do some walking and drnk plenty of water and try to have some healthy meals.

Good luvk and take care, i hope youre feeling better soon

Old 03-30-2006, 10:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User

Thanks for the feedback.

baby#2- that is great you kept your weight gain down with the second one...I truly believe I'm going to be pushing 300, by the end weather I exercise or not, I really need to lose weight once the little one is here. I plan on trying to eat better, thru the pregnancy and I'm really trying to sike myself out to walk. I'm so bad with exercise.

I am going to try real hard though. I just hope after the baby I can really do good and lose. I am probably going to join Weight Watchers.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:01 AM   #7
(female)

History HB User

I agree with the other post its not great news but its not the worst. Try not to get down on yourself. This is my second and with my first I gained 70lbs. YEP 70lbs. I was all fat. This time Im drinking LOTS of water and maintaining my food intake. I eat what I want but unlike the first time I dont eat everybody's elses too. I am going to try to start walking & exercising but Im just now feeling better. Im going into my 18th wk. so Im looking forwad to being able to move around more. Again, PLEASE don't get down on yourself its all about taking care of you and the baby. CONGRATS!!!!

Old 03-30-2006, 11:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User

Thanks HISTORY! I forgot to mention that I was very sick the first 3 months..so I just started feeling better. The doc even told me, in those first 3 months I ate whatever I could that would make it in my tummy with out coming up. Now that I'm feeling better- I'm going to try to concentrate on teh healthy foods and water and walking!

Old 03-30-2006, 11:54 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

I don't think your weight makes you sound that OVERWEIGHT...I mean if you weight that at 5'9" my 220 preprego weight at 5'3" must make me obese...and I'm not, atleast not in my opionion nor that of those around me. With ds I gained 37 pounds...well actually only 30 as I lost a bit at the start and then maintained that till 20 weeks or more. This time I am 32 weeks and have gained about 20 pounds very slowly and am much healthier. I work out on an eliptical 3-4 times a week, drink tons of water and try to get lots of fruit and veggies into me. But I don't watch anything else I put in my mouth and eat desserts and treats and snacks. So far I am pretty happy with my weight gain. I think staying positive about it and being happy with yourself really helps. I've always been overweight and for the most part it doesn't bug me, except when going shopping!!!

Old 03-31-2006, 07:55 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I weigh about the same at 5'7", and while it's technically obese as far as BMI goes, I'm only a size 18. Today, though, at 5 weeks along, I already feel huge. Not a good sign for the next 8 months! Ha!

So, Here4Support, just know that you're not alone. I'm worried about gaining weight, about taking it off after pregnancy, about finding maternity clothes that fit plus sized women and don't look like mumus or tents, etc. The list goes on and on.

Oh, and did I mention the worries about my husband seeing my true weight when we go to the doctor??? Maybe I can just get the doctor and his staff aside for a minute and say "Can we just discuss this in terms of how many pounds I've gained instead of saying -- well, you're at 260 today..." ha! How have you ladies handled that part??

As far as water goes -- my insurance company sent me a 32 oz. bug advertising their "baby yourself" program. So I fill that up 2-3 times per day and drink it. Plus, I walk about 20-30 minutes every day (I had back surgery about 3 months ago, so I have to keep it slow).

Last edited by xinerevelle; 03-31-2006 at 07:57 AM.

Closed Thread