It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2006, 09:27 AM   #1
(female)

rounsy222 HB User
April moms its our month!!!!

Well since we have to start a new thread I figured I would do it!!!
Who is going to be the first..........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2006, 09:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
Re: April moms its our month!!!!

Edog - Actually, today you are finishing your 36th week! Tomorrow is the first day of your 37th week. 1 week and you are considered full term anyway! I am due the same day as you and trust me, there is only 4 weeks until our date! I am avidly watching the calendar.
Funny thing happened last night, well this morning I guess. It was 3:30 am and I woke up because I realized I was moaning in pain and shifting around in bed a lot. It felt like I was having major mestrual cramps. I got up to go pee and I felt a little gush (tmi!). I thought my water broke! I crawled back in bed to time the pains and thought to myself that I should call dh at work and just let him know what's going on. Well, I guess I fell back asleep and nothing else has happened since! I guess I just have an increase in discharge now (sorry - tmi again). The cramps are unexplainable though. Guess my body's just getting ready. I think they are off on my dates anyway so I think I'm closer to 37 or 37 and 1/2 weeks right now. Baby has been measuring this since our 6 week u/s.
Army - yay that your dh is coming home! Woo hoo! I hear ya about ds being stubborn! So was mine, big time! Hope you are enjoying your time with your in-laws. You keep saying you are prepared for a C-section on Tuesday but aren't they going to try to induce you for as long as possible before resorting to that?
Hope everyone is feeling okay now! Can't believe that in two days it's April!!! Way cool.
Today is my last day at work too! I can't believe it's here already! I've been counting the days for the past 2 months. It's hard to believe I actually made it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2006, 09:43 AM   #3
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Baby,
I have been having contractions on and off since sunday and its driving me crazy. If I went in everytime they were five minutes apart and a minute in length I would have been there everyday. But then after a few hours they tapper off. Im getting totally frustrated, oh and the mucas is driving me crazy, its starting to really get gross. Every time I go to the bathroom I think its my plug but its not. How can I be at a 4 and not lost my plug yet? He will also move so much or put pressure down there that it feels like my water is about to break. Can you tell im at my end of this whole thing. Atleast I have an end in site and he wont be 9to10 pounds.
meg

Old 03-30-2006, 09:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Rounsy - Must be nice to be able to say your baby won't be 9 to 10 lbs!! My Beanie was measuring at 8lbs already last Friday and I still have 4 weeks until my due date!!! My first was big like yours, 9lbs 6ozs so I am soooo afraid of the size of this monster!! He also moves around so much and puts tons of pressure on me that it feels as if he's going to drop out. I can't handle the pain sometimes. I am also fed up with this.... I can't wait to be holding him in my arms!
I gotta say, I think you have probably already lost your plug and didn't know it. I didn't notice it at all with ds and so far nothing with this one. At 4cm's your plug is probably long gone as it's literally a glob of mucus plugging your cervix when you are closed up tight! What does your Doc/Midwife say about it?

Old 03-30-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

I have be seeing in a lot of posts that you guys already know what your baby's weight is. I asked my doctor and he said it is a total estimate! He said that even when an ultrasound is done to determine the size of the baby, that it could be 10-15% in either direction! So, don't always go by what the doctor is saying.
My friend just had her baby, and she went 9 days overdue. Her stomach was HUGE (looked like she was carrying twins). Her baby was only 6lbs 10oz! You just never know!

My doctor keeps telling me that my baby is going to be really big. At my appoinment yesterday, the baby was measuring 41-42 weeks! I am only 37 1/2 weeks along! However, I am only 5'1"! Where else is this baby going to go? My torso is only a few inches long !

-Stacey

Old 03-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Baby#2~

I'm preparing myself just in case. But things might turn out good and I not have to have a c/s.I"m keeping my fingers crossed, but if my signs of pre-eclampsia (which are very apparent now) are still there on Tuesday I think he might just take me c/s just to be safe it's hard to say. It's weird having my inlaws here without dh here. I dunno, I guess I"m kinda weird like that. I'm hopin ds will decide to get unstubborn when his daddy gets home.

Edo~
I know what you mean about the pre-eclampsia finally deciding it wants to bare it's ugly face. I know that is what my problem is EVEN though ALL my tests are coming back negative for anything, I"m just getting everything now from the high bp to the edema. I just hope next pregancy I dont have to see this ugly face of pre-eclampsia. LoL. I know everything is fine with ds because he's moving and a shakin. LoL.

Wow how are we supposed to keep our threads to 4 pgs we will be starting a new thread every freakin couple hours. Well I'm kinda kickin back today decided I"m not changin outta my pjs and am just kinda slumppin around the house. I hate being on edge because I'm not quite sure what day dh will be home. It's kinda frusterating.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:07 AM   #7
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

I never really asked him, since I knew what it looked like from my first I just assumed I would know this time. Maybe I did loose it and it was mixed in with all that other junk, LOL. Yeah the only reason Im getting induced is due to size and he said he doesnt like to deliver anyone over 8 1/2 pounds because the instance of csection goes up. Also I had four hours of pushing my 9 pound daughter out so I was hoping to avoid that again. No one thinks hes going to be big because im not that big, I have a little tummy up front and nothing on the sides or anything but I just tell them I have the hips to hide it. They all say im wrong and I tell them thats what they said about my first.
Meg

Old 03-30-2006, 10:20 AM   #8
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

AZ,
I know about the percentage of being off and I would love to have that happen though with it being in our family history and already having a biggie, LOL. Its probably right. Every woman on my moms side has 9-12 pound babies and actually my daughter was the smallest at 9*4, so maybe I will be in for a treat. We just know how to grow them here in my family. Right now im measuring 8pounds Im hoping when he does come he will be seven, after delivering a 9 pounder that would be nothing!!!! They told my cousin on my dads side that she was going to have a 9 pound guy and he was 8*1 so they do tend to be wrong.

Meg

Old 03-30-2006, 10:34 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

It's crazy how different Doctors are! Mine won't induce me until I'm 40 and 1/2 weeks because that causes the need for a C-section to go up!!! Funny. I was prego with ds for 41.4 wks, was induced and pushed for 3 hours. I needed the epi, episiotomy and the vacuum. It was NOT fun.
AZ24 - Your statement is true, however, in my case I do know what if feels like to carry a big baby and this one is feeling the same! People ask me all the time if I'm have multiple babies... not Twins... multiples!! A lot of them think it's triplets or more because I am sooooo huge and way out there. My X-large mat clothes won't fit around my tummy anymore and I have 4 weeks to go. Unfortunately for me, I think the u/s measuring beanie to be around 8lbs at 35 wks is probably accurate. Sucks.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:23 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hello ladies
hope you are all coping well in the big count down sam and i are fine i am having a girls night out on friday i wonder how dh will cope bein alone for a few hours lol. i want to go out but i know i shall miss sam. i will keep looking in on to see how you all are and i am still waiting to see who delivers next. take care best wishes to you all i love being a mommy

Old 03-30-2006, 02:50 PM   #11
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Hey everyone! I had my appointment today and everything looks good. I had my strep b culture. I also had a yeast culture done. Even though I know that increased discharge is normal, I feel that I have huge amounts (sorry, tmi). I did ask her to do an internal exam and she said that I am still closed up tight. I thought with all the cramping and discharge that I might have something going on, but nothing. She did reassure me that 2nd timers can be closed up tight and still deliver the next day and that it's not usually a big long process like with your first. That made me feel a tiny bit better, not much though! I am measuring 36 wks and she thinks probably the baby is right around 6.5lbs guestimate. The baby is still head down - YAY! - and starting to engage the slightest bit, but she also said that with 2nd babies they tend not to drop until you go into labor. She said I'm carrying really low and that she can feel the babies head right away. Weird, because I feel like I'm carrying so high. She said baby could be long. Well enough babbling from me.

edog, sorry about the pre-ecamplsia!

weepy, have a fun night out!

Take care everyone!

Old 03-30-2006, 03:54 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Wow I dont check on here for a couple hours and I get lost as all hell. LoL. Well it doesn't really sound like to much is going on though. I've been trying to stay up off my feet, but I tell ya it's even hard having people here. I just want to be on the go and I cant be. I"m still on edge wondering if dh will walk through the door at any time. I'm hoping he will be home by Saturday. My inlaws are leaving tomorrow, so that means back to myself. I just hope that nothing happens till dh gets home. I'm not ready to be there on my own. I cant believe though that in a couple days I will be going in for my induction. It's just so crazy and unbelieveable. I just hope as though something is better this time, that I'm actually dialated more, and that the pitocin will help out because otherwise I just dont know what I'm going to do. Other than that nothing much is going on with me. Just the minor contraction here and there nothing to big to worry about. LoL.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:55 PM   #13
(female)

edogoneill HB User

well I am back from the hsptl. all my test came back negative which is weird. even my doctor thought it was weird when he checked in on me but said w/ pre-eclampsia it is not uncommon. I am 2 cm dialated w/ some contractions but nothing that is a big deal. I go back for another appt monday morning. I think this is the most frustrating part of the pregnancy for me - the guessing game. I hate it. oh well. I also had an ultrasound while in the hosptl. and my baby is going to be a small one - for the baby weighs about 5lbs. 5oz. I guess that is good news. i don't know.

For those of you who finished work today I am truly jealous. I think my doctor is going to have me working right up until i go into labor - that sucks b/c i don't seem to ever feel good anymore and am always exhausted.

Old 03-30-2006, 06:23 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Well, I have been catching up on the posts......

Army,
Your in-laws just came to town and they are leaving already?!? Also, be patient as possible with your husband, you never know with those military flights. The aircraft break down constantly, I have been there and done that and have had to wait days to get off an island overseas because of it. It is very hit and miss. I also had no idea of when my husband was coming back last February because of the same issue. He called me from Greece saying he made it to a real airport and was coming home. I know it is quite frusterating.

Nothing has changed with me at all. The cramps are not as frequent. The belly is just feeling extremely full at this point. There is NO more room for her to grow or move and I am somewhat ready to be done and have my own body back. But I am also scared that I am going to be a real mother.

I don't think I will be next, but hang in there everyone! April is only a day away now!

Old 03-30-2006, 08:20 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Orange~

My inlaws just came out to really drop off the crib, and they have things that they have to get back home for at the begining of the week. Right now it's perfectly fine with me because I'm going nuts. I didn't hear from dh today so I know that he's on his way home. As I said and he said he will be home by Sunday. With him having a red cross message he has priority to get home.

I have just noticed myself very edgy today and it's driving me nuts. I'm going to feel so bad for dh when he gets home just because he has to put up with me...not something I want him to have to deal with but, I hope it passes soon.

Closed Thread