It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2006, 08:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User
November Mommies!!

{removed}I am starting a new one from the old one!

Melly

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 03-31-2006 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Do not discuss Moderator decisions or actions on these boards. Thank you!

Old 03-30-2006, 08:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User
Re: November Mommies!!

{removed - Do not discuss Moderator decisions or actions on these boards. Long threads slow our server down. Please keep your threads to 4 pages. Thank you!}

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 03-31-2006 at 07:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2006, 06:14 PM   #3
(female)

angel_of_faith HB User
Smile Re: November Mommies!!

I am going to be a November mommy! I am due November 21st with my first baby

Old 03-30-2006, 07:24 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Hellokitty1973 HB User

Hi everyone -

Had my first u/s yesterday and things are looking good.. HB of 175 and measuring 8w5d, which was one day ahead! Such a relief so far, since I had a m/c last summer. EDD is still 11/4!

Old 03-30-2006, 08:09 PM   #5
(female)

deadsy HB User

{removed}Angel - Congrats on your BFP! That's wonderful... welcome

Kitty - that's wonderful news about your appt. It gives me lots of hope and makes anxious for my first appt. I have an appointment Tuesday, but I think it's just to talk about the medication I am taking. I called the office to ask my doc a question and the immediately set up an appt. for me with their OB/GYN. I am scared because I've heard a lot of negative things about this guy... and I heard he only does ultrasounds through the vagina? Have you ladies heard of this... Bunk that! Do you think it will be rude if I tell them I am going to see another doctor? Man I am nervous about all of this.

Oh, on another note it's crazy how as soon as you tell someone you are pregnant, they feel the need to make rude comments! For instance, I told a friend and he said "Can you afford to have a baby?" I was like.. yeah, I have to. My emotions are all wack right now and little things are bringing me to cry. Also, one of my best friends went into labor today, but she hasn't delivered yet. It's so exciting. Life is so amazing... what a miracle we are all experiencing!!!

Well, I didn't mean to write a book. this is probably going to take us over our limit! LOL Hope you are all well.. take care

linsey

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 03-31-2006 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Do not discuss Moderator decisions or actions on these boards.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:21 AM   #6
(female)

DDB HB User

Linsey - about the u/s through the vagina, as far as I know, that is really the only way to see anything during early pregnancy. I've had 2 so far (I'm only 7 weeks) and they took a few pictures from the outside but said that they really wouldn't be able to see anything that way yet (they only did it because I had drank all that water so they figured they might as well - you need an empty bladder for the vaginal one). The only way they could really see anything would be internally. I'm not sure about later on. I wouldn't worry about being rude though if you don't feel comfortable going to him. Do whatever is right for you.
Good luck!

Old 03-31-2006, 06:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Angel - Congratulations on your BFP!!!!!

Kitty - YAYY! So happy to hear this. That is just fantastic news. I can't wait for my ultrasound! I don't even have my first appointment until 4/5, and that is when I think they will schedule a transvaginal ultrasound. I'm anxiously waiting right now on blood results. They had me go again yesterday to get blood to make sure that my HCG is where it should be. I will post when I hear something.

Deadsy - I know exactly what you mean. Just let it roll off your shoulders is what I say. There is always going to be people that have something negative to say , and yes, what a miracle we are all growing inside us. It never ceases to amaze me!! Post when I get news later...

Melly

Old 03-31-2006, 07:15 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

Congrats to everyone on their BFP! My due date is 11/25. I will be 6 weeks tomorrow. I can't wait to go to the OBGYN. My appointment isn't for another 4 weeks.

Anyhow, is anyone else feeling very bloated? My gut feels huge and I am uncomfortable b/c of it. I can't tell if it is in my head or if I really am bloated!

Old 03-31-2006, 07:31 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

The doctor's office called and said my HCG levels were beautiful for 5 weeks. I went from 473 last Thursday to 13,000 yesterday. So that is very reassuring for me at this point. Now my first appointment Wednesday!! I am going to be six weeks Tuesday.

KeltoKel: Yes, I feel a bit bloated and I swear that I can tell my belly is expanding even though I'm ony fives weeks, I can see it!!

Melly
edd 11/28/06

Last edited by MellyMel; 03-31-2006 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Need to add something

Old 03-31-2006, 07:44 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeltoKel
Congrats to everyone on their BFP! My due date is 11/25. I will be 6 weeks tomorrow. I can't wait to go to the OBGYN. My appointment isn't for another 4 weeks.

Anyhow, is anyone else feeling very bloated? My gut feels huge and I am uncomfortable b/c of it. I can't tell if it is in my head or if I really am bloated!

I'm 5 weeks today. My doctor's appointment isn't until 4/17 -- I guess I can hold out until then. But, I have a very large fibroid (7 cm) that is causing me some discomfort, plus I've had some constant cramping around my right ovary ever since I ovulated (maybe a cyst??).

I too am feeling really bloated and ucky. My mom said "I looked the best and felt the best I ever did when I was pregnant." All I can say is I hope that that time comes sooner rather than later! I can already feel that my abdominal area has "firmed up" a little.

So, I went back to KMart and found two more little (0-3 months) items of clothing that were Christmasy (red velour jacket and a pair of jeans with upturned red cuffs) -- they were $2.80 for the pair! Gotta love prices like that! Cheaper than Goodwill!

I haven't gotten too many weird comments yet -- except from my Gram -- who said "was it planned?" Which is weird since we are married for 3 years, have good jobs, have a brand new 5 BR house, etc.

I'm pretty tired all the time -- how about you ladies?

Old 03-31-2006, 04:09 PM   #11
(female)

justpeach HB User

Hi ladies

Yes, I feel VERY bloated!! So bloated actually, that I actually think I look a little pregnant. I also have been getting some very painful gas...I thought at first they were cramps, but know think gas is the culprit. Anybody know what I can take for this?
Well I rescheduled my Dr appt & it's now this Monday. I called him b/c i've been spotting for the past 2days & it had me concerned. He said probably normal & nothing to worry about, but wanted me to come in earlier just to check things out. Fingers crossed & pray to god everything is ok. (i'm a worry wart). Otherwise I feel fine-I hope you girls are doing ok too!

~Peach

Old 03-31-2006, 04:37 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

peach,

I hope everything goes well for you. Try not to worry yourself sick!

Yes, my bloated belly feels like gas as well. It is almost painful! I started to drink some soda and I was burping like you wouldn't believe. Maybe that can help you? It did help me.

Old 03-31-2006, 04:42 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

My "ask a nurse" told me to limit the amount of phosphorus each day -- which is in sodas. Not sure why, and I haven't read that anywhere else (yet). Anyone else heard this???

Old 04-01-2006, 02:48 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

I would normally agree not to drink soda b/c of the sodium and stuff. However, it did provide me with relief. I was able to burp and it felt sooooo much better.

I also have a question about nipple changes. Mine hurt really bad the first few weeks. I am 6 weeks today and they don't hurt nearly as bad anymore. Is this normal? I thought they were supposed to always be tender? Maybe I am just used to it by now.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:59 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Kel - I would think that it was just that you had gotten used to it. DH, on the other hand, thinks that constantly pointy nips are the coolest thing that has happened since I got pregnant. Ha!

Closed Thread