It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User
May Mommies #2

Wow Girls! This is only our second thread and many of you are planning for the hospital already. I can't even seem to get ready to plan for my maternity leave yet...I have 8 more weeks to go till my due date and it feels like forever. I have a feeling that this babe, unlike his older brother, will be born before his due date. I have that groin pain from downward pressure and I didn't have that till much later with ds. They say you don't drop as quick with your second but I'm not so sure. Maybe my u/s due date will be more true...that sure would be nice!!!
How is everyone doing with fluid retention? I've just started noticing a problem in my feet and legs in the last 2 weeks...again much earlier than with ds. I sure hope I don't have the problems I had with him...higher b/p and off my feet by 36 weeks. Too hard to stay off your feet with a preschooler running around. My b/p has been lower though...never over 120/80 where as last time it was never under 140/90 or so.
Good luck Paula - I hope you can make it a few more weeks...guess the chances of May baby are pretty slim for you...lucky girl!!! April is a great time for a baby...ds was born in mid-late Apr.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User
Re: May Mommies #2

hey jordyn, thanks for starting a new thread. i have 6wks left and counting.
i am due may 8th and hope that i go a little early at least. my last 2 were both 1wks late.
my feet are swollen because my shoes arent fitting and i have to wear flip flops.
glad to read that you are doing good.
i am in the process of getting my stuff put together for my bag at this time, it is so exciting. i know that it is my 3rd but it is just as exciting as if it were my 1st. i can't wait to see what she's going to look like and to carry her.
hope everyone is doing good,
robin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

bumping up

Old 04-02-2006, 01:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User

Jordyn,

I feel for you! These last few weeks feel longer than the whole pregnancy itself.

Old 04-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #5
(female)

happy2bamom HB User

Hi everyone,

As much as we would all like to go before our "due dates" the statistics show that only a very small number actually are early most women are still pregnant on and after their expected due date. I am officially off work and starting my maternity leave now. I have been off for the last 4 weeks on paid holidays. It seems really weird to look at the calendar and see that I still have 7 weeks to go. With all 3 of my sons I have worked right up to my due date so even with 2 of them being almost 2 weeks overdue I still never was off for more than 3 weeks before the baby was born. I have booked my pre-admit appointment at the hospital (I go on the 18th). Has everyone else already done this? After that I will probably start really getting everything ready. Lots of clothes that need to be washed and a car seat to install and all those other little things that seem to come up. Is anyone else experiencing a lot of sweating? I have never had this before but with this pregnancy I can be in the house with just a light nightgown on and I will still sweat right through everything. Antipersperant just doesn't seem to cut it....

Anyway, I had better go. My little guy has just woken up from his nap.

Talk to you all later, Kathy

Old 04-03-2006, 07:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Hey Kathy - great to see you here again...hope all is well.
Sweating - I have a lot of problems with it at night and when I am too rushed at work. I try to wear cool clothes and relax and sit when I get too hot.
I have to book my pre-admit soon...I am hoping to do it this Friday or next Thursday as those are dh's days off but you just never know when they'll fit you in.
I am hoping the next 7.5 weeks go quickly...for both of us. I am really planning on a June baby but who knows. I'd be curious to know what the stats are on going overdue past an 18 week u/s due date. So many women talk about their due dates being bumped up after an u/s but I wonder how many of them still see their original due date. Anyone have any idea on this one?
I am feeling really crappy today. I go from being nauseous to feeling hungry. I am supper tired too. But not crampy or achy like I had been. Maybe just too busy of a weekend.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

hey girls, so i am approaching my 36th week and can't believe it. i have been feeling alot of preasure.
i went in for my strep b test and while i was there the doc checked me and told me i was 1cm. i know that can be like that for weeks be it really gave me a reallity check. so much to do and so little time it seems.
i have been nesting a bit which is one way i know it will be soon because i never clean the way i have been. i deceided to get bottles out and washed so i can sterilize, i've washed the car seat cover and am getting my bag ready.
we are going to go look at pack n' plays today. i saw one i really like in a catalog so i want ot see it in person. what i like about it is that it is girly even though it isn't pink. pink stuff like that won't work in my house, it'll get dirty to fast.
gosh i know about the statistics but i hope she comes at least a little early.
i am so uncomfortable and i know yall feel me.
i hope everyone is doing well and hope to hear from yall soon,
robin

Old 04-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

It does seem like time is flying although I am just 33 weeks today so I've got a lot longer to go yet. I too am hoping for early instead ontime. Although I'd prefer on time over late like ds was...10 days induced. My u/s date was May 18th so maybe I'll be abit earlier than the 26th...here's to hoping.
I am not ready at all. I started getting clothes out last night and we'll start washing them up soon. I have essentials bought but have done nothing about putting them all together. I still have to 'find' the family bassinett. I know who had it last but they aren't responding to my emails. I don't have to worry about a crib or setting up a room as the baby will be with us till mid Aug as we have an exchange student living in his room.
I have been feeling soooo much movement lately. Not kicking or punching but pushing, rolling, etc. It's so uncomfortable at times. Ds was never this bad but I am carrying so much different this time.
Gotta run, have a great weekend!

Closed Thread