It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2006, 05:34 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User
Did I hurt the baby?

HEllo

I am 16 weeks and teach pre-school. A new kid just started and was so upset when his mom left that he started throwing himself against the door headfirst. I got ahold of him and pulled him down on the floor with me and put him in my lap to try to calm him. After, I realized how much physical exertion I used and my heart was racing and I felt very sore all day, esp. my back and just in general. The kid is 5 and kind of tall. I didn't think about it, I just reacted, since I was afraid he would hurt himself. Now I am worried I did some damage. I don't want to keep calling my doc over every little thing. Everyone at work said never do that when your pregnant, straining yourself like that. Am I over reacting?

Old 03-30-2006, 05:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Re: Did I hurt the baby?

I am sure you are okay. People tend to think pregnant women should take it easy and not to over-exert themselves and while there is truth to that you are far enough from probably having a miscarriage now and maybe you are just sore because you used muscles you normally don't use, like when we begin a new work-out. If you are worried then go get checked out to ease your worries.

Personally I am 38 weeks now and I have yet to slow down one bit during this pregnancy. I have exercised, ran, walked, and even moved across the country including helping move furniture at 7 months and my baby is not damaged. Best of luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2006, 10:07 PM   #3
(female)

Whoababy HB User

I agree with orange, I'm 39 1/2 weeks pregnant and I still do pretty much everything that I used to. I even rode my horse until i was 34 weeks and my baby seems to be fine. When I was about 20 weeks my back started to hurt a lot after doing anything that was above my 'normal' exercise routine. If your really worried I would get checked - or call your doctor. That's what you pay them for. It's funny that I say that because with all my questions and concerns.. I never once called until tonight (im in the early stages of labor) because I was afraid of bothing them...

Old 03-31-2006, 08:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Whoababy,
I have the same outlook as you pretty much. My back or sciatic nerve would hurt when I would rest in the evening if I did too much but I would wake up the next day fine. I also don't call my midwife or the nurses either. I just called the first time the other day because I am 38 weeks now and had an exam and that evening pieces of the plug began to come out and I was experiencing non-stop cramps and lower, dull backache. I called the next morning to ask if the midwife "stripped my membranes" or if the exam had anything to do with what I was experiencing or if it was just me and my body getting ready on it's own. I don't normally call and run into the office or ER unless it was nessecary. I find that using common sense in my cases, that any concerns I have and tell them are considered "normal" and so I try to keep everything in perspective.

I think back to when my Mother was pregnant with my younger sisters 11 and 13 years ago. I grew up on a hog farm and she was out doing chores throughout the 9 months with each carrying 5 gallon buckets of feed in each hand and jumping over fences to round up the pigs and giving them shots when they were born. I guess I just take after her, pregnancy doesn't really phase me so much. I feel fortunate that my mother had normal, fairly easy pregnancies that resulted in no stretch marks for being as little as we are. I am ready to be done now......ready to have my body back again. Sorry, I began to ramble.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:30 PM   #5
(female)

lesleykev HB User

hiya hope i dont think yuou would have hurt your baby ive slid downstairs on my bottom and fell headfirst onto my tummy but babies are battlers you would be suprised how well they cope i also lost my first child through stillbirth so i do know how worrieed you must be sorry i correct myself as i had a misscarriage before that also i know how hard it is not to worry but if you ever need someone to listen then im around

Old 04-15-2006, 02:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User

don't worry too much about it. i teach pre-k too and have a 15 month at home and i do stuff like that all the time. i just take it easy and rest.

Closed Thread