It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2006, 11:17 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
April's here! Part 1

New thread, again.
Rounsy - Wow! You could be next! Who would of thought... we all thought Army would be next to go!
Good luck and keep us posted okay!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2006, 12:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Re: April's here! Part 1

Nothing new here but I am getting excited as I go through my daughter's things. I set up the baby monitors today and I got out the sling (the one that swaddles them) and the regular sling to see how they work. I also got out her tummy time mat. Now I am just waiting. I still experience the cramps, but nothing like I did Monday night and Tuesday morning.

Looks like Rounsey really may be next! I am just over a week away from my due date, but I don't think I am close yet. I am excited to go in for my next appointment which is April 6th, 3 days before my April 9th due date. I am only worried about going over two weeks and nothing happening. I do not want to be induced and luckily my midwife will allow time to go naturally and only induce when absolutely nesecary towards the very, very end.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2006, 12:52 PM   #3
(female)

wendyr HB User

Hi everyone. I had my weekly appointment yesterday and asked about the cramping at this late stage and she said the uterus is a muscle so will tighten up and cramp. It is normal.

My ds has now dropped, is head down and is locked in the pelvis, but I have only thinned out slightly. I have to have an ultrasound on Monday as I am measuring on the small side but they think it is probably because he has dropped but want to make absolutely sure.

I wake in the night between 2am and 4.30am and am awake for 1-2 hourse before I can get back to sleep. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 03-31-2006, 01:04 PM   #4
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Good luck rounsy!!!

Old 03-31-2006, 02:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Good Luck Rounsy!!!! Hopefully all works out.

You know it's kinda fun to try and predict who will be next but we just never really know. At least by next Wed I will have ds. I should have him Tuesday at least I"m hoping. My dr said that I should be holding ds by Wed so lets hope. I'm so bored and just waiting to see when dh will be home...I just hope it's soon. LoL. I"m ready to go stir crazy. I've been trying to catch up on sleep that I've been losing and it's not working. I'm getting so excited about Tuesday I just really cant wait.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:16 PM   #6
(female)

edogoneill HB User

Wendy- That is so odd b/c I have also been having the sleep problem. I seem to wake up to pee at around 3-4a and also appear to be tired but awake for an hour or so. This has never happened before. I am usually pretty good at sleeping thru the night, however, I am not sure how pregnancy fits into this.

Rounsy- Good luck. Hopefully the next time we hear from you it will be when you are telling us all about your beautiful baby.

Army- This may be a stupid question, but how exactly do you know if you are having a contraction just be looking at your belly?

Old 03-31-2006, 02:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Edog,
You can see your contractions because the skin on your belly will tighten. I am 38, going on 39 weeks and my midwife always points them out at my appointments, but I personally have yet to see them myself although they happen.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:39 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Edo~

You can see your stomach harden. At least I can. I dont know..it's weird but I watch it but my stomach has been pretty hard though my entire pregnancy and it just gets harder with contractions.

Old 03-31-2006, 06:34 PM   #9
(female)

wendyr HB User

Edog ~ I seem to recall reading a while ago that sleep pattern eruptions during the night is due to hormones. Isn't it annoying though when you are wide awake in the early hours! Then when it's time to get up you feel really ugh and very !

Does anyone around 38 weeks just feel the movements now as more like slow rolls rather than kicks? I know there is less room in there now but I can't always feel movement as much as see it.

Old 03-31-2006, 07:22 PM   #10
(female)

Maria Mahonie HB User

Hi all,
I've been wanting to join this board for a long time but have been kind of shy, I decided to jump in today. I have been reading the posts ever since I knew I got pregnant in July. I was so happy for sobannon and weepyone when they had thier babies. You guys have been a great source of support to me and many others I am sure who did not join the boards. I feel like I had a whole group of soul sisters who were going through the same thing as me.

I hope you guys don't mind that I am joining so late.

best wishes and good luck to all

Old 03-31-2006, 08:23 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Well yall I just wanted to give you a heads up if you dont see me post till next week after ds is born, I am going tonite to go get dh!!! I'm soo happy. I will check on the boards everyday at least try to. LoL. I just hope I dont end up missing anything to important or anyone having their baby. I know I will be lost if I dont check the boards at least once a day. But for sure..I wont be posting between Tuesday and Friday I will say maybe Saturday at the latest.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:44 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Waaa Hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad tonight is the night that DH Daddy is getting home!!!!!!! He'll be home for the arrival of his sweet baby!! So happy for you all, Courtney!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Barbara

Old 03-31-2006, 09:27 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Welcome Maria! No need to be shy around us! Our lives are like open books now and nothing is sacred!
How far along are you now and when is your due date? Do you already have children or is this your first?
Fill us in on your details so we can get to know you a little bit before the big event!
I am 36.1 wks and am absolutely huge. I compared my 41wk pic of my ds to my 34 wk pic with this one and I am bigger this time around?! Scary. My friend was just here visiting and she was in shock I think. I have really popped in the last few weeks and look as though I am carrying full term twins. HELP ME! I am hoping to go early with this beanie too because 41.4 wks and being induced sucked!
I also get the tightenings of my stomach where I just look down and it literally balls up. Some of them I can feel while others I can't.
I also am feeling more rolls than kicks and see it more than I feel it. I think my skin is so stretched to the max that it's numb now.
Beanie is still getting hiccups about 3 times a day... it's slowed down some but still happens a lot! I also find his most active periods are in the morning and late evening. He sleeps well at night with me though thank goodness.
Yay Army!!!! I bet you are one happy lady right now! I'm so happy for you and hope everything goes well!
I wonder how Rounsy is doing!?

Old 03-31-2006, 09:43 PM   #14
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Ok guys this will be quick, I had my little guy today at 618pm less than five hours after they broke my water. They said it was a textbook labor and I didnt have a epi. I did have 1 shot of dilantan which is awesome, get it. It only lasts an hour but it really helped take the edge off.
So when I get home on sunday I will do an update unless I can get on this computer again tomorrow. Oh by the way he was 8lbs12ounces and that was two weeks two days early and 22 1/2 inches long with lots of black hair.

good luck everyone
meg

Old 03-31-2006, 09:49 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Yay Rounsy!!!!! Can't wait to hear the full story! Good for you not having an epi! 8 lbs 12 ozs at over 2 weeks early!! WOW. That's me too. I guess you were well on your way to having another big baby! God I hope I go early too. Hope you are well on your way to recovery and I can't wait to hear more! CONGRATULATIONS on your little man!

Closed Thread