It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User
Antidepressants and pregnancy

Is anyone here pregnant and take antidepressants? I have read and heard conflicting information on whether it is safe or not. Thanks!

Old 03-31-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: Antidepressants and pregnancy

When I did my pre-conception visit with my OB I was on Zoloft, which he said was fine.

I'm now 5 weeks pregnant and am no longer on Zoloft, but I don't think my doc would have a problem if I was still on it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2006, 05:12 PM   #3
(female)

deadsy HB User

I am currently taking Paxil and just found out I am pregnant a few days ago. I don't think Paxil is safe in pregnancy, so I am trying to ween myself off of it (since my dr. office were NOT helpful!) and am waiting to talk to a doctor about it on Tuesday. I am scared, I don't want to harm my baby, but the withdrawl affects are unreal. I am hoping I can change to something else soon... I'll update you when I get more information.

linsey

Old 03-31-2006, 08:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

I just bumped up another thread on this same topic. I am on Celexa and am 36.1 wks prego. My OB said they are safe and that I can b/f while on them as well. Read through the other thread. It may be very helpful to you.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #5

theb1971 HB User

I am on zoloft and have been this whole pregnancy. I tried to take nothing at the beginning and was a complete mess. My dr said that my terrible emotional state was worse for the baby. I am now 37 weeks pregnant and so far everything is fine. In fact she is already 8 lbs!!! With the hormones and my normal chemical imbalance issues I couldnt have made it this far without the zoloft. I normally take effexor when I wasnt pregnant but zoloft was the one I hear time and time again that is safe during pregnancy so I chose to take zoloft while pregnant. I plan to go back to effexor after delivery as I liked it better but zoloft still helped!!

Closed Thread