It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2006, 06:43 PM   #1
(female)

jpresley HB User
problem pregnancies

I am very concerned. There have been four women at my bank that have had problem pregnancies. All four of us were hospitalized for pre term labor. Two of the women babies died shortly after birth. The thrid lady had one baby die at 24 weeks and she became pregnant again and delivered at 27 weeks, the baby is ok as of now. I am the fourth and I was hospitalized for pre term as well and my baby delivered at 35 weeks, she is fine as of now.

My question is this, can anyone think of any reasons why all of us would have these problems? Remember we all work at the same place. Four women with five problem pregnancies is very alarming to me. Any help is appreciated.

Jpresley

[email]REMOVED[/email].

Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-31-2006 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Please honor your membership agreement. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Old 04-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: problem pregnancies

Unless there were some specific chemical you were all coming in contact with, or if there was a problem with the water system there, I doubt there is a specific problem and think it's just a coincidence.

You can always contact the health department and let them do some research into whether there really is a problem in the workplace or if there is some other underlying cause.

For example, do you all have similar hobbies, similar pets, similar diets, take the same vitamins/supplements, have the same diet, etc. You would have to rule out other things as well in order to help pinpoint whether the problem is specifically at your work site.

What does your doctor think? Do you all have different doctors or the same one?

Glad to hear that all is OK with you and your baby, though!

PS -- How did you have a baby if you are male? Your screen name indicates that you are male -- maybe you need to change your profile???

Last edited by xinerevelle; 04-01-2006 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Just noticed the gender of the OP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #3
(female)

jpresley HB User

My mistake, I am a female and had a baby . Two of us have the same doctor in our hometown, however we all were transferred to a critical hospital were we all seen the same doctor. I found out after this last incident that this doctor made a commit that she cannot believe this could happen to so many people from the same bank, she had never seen this happen before (she has been a doctor for 15 yrs and works in the only hospital in the state that can deliver a baby before 32 wks).

I cannot speak this for anyone else, but I was completely stressed out at work before I was hospitalized 4 months. I have been off for 6 months, in that time 7 associates have quit, some due to stress.

Due to being on Magnesium Sulfate for 15 wks I developed osteoporosis, I did not realize this until the second week I was home and I could barely walk, after getting an x-ray they found out I had 6 fractures in both my left and right heels.

Last edited by jpresley; 04-01-2006 at 07:22 PM.

Old 04-02-2006, 05:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Ack! That's awful about the osteoporosis.

I would still call the health department and have them check it out in case there is some weird thing going on that isn't readily apparent, like radon...

Old 04-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -

Glad your baby is fine, but I agree that there must be something odd in the environment (carpet glue?) or the rules (like were you all required to stand all day). It does bear alerting the authorities as this is not good and can happen to others unless it's investigated. I wonder if the NICU doctor called for an investigation?

I hope you don't let this concern be forgotten or trust that someone else called - call yourself, give names so it can be properly investigated. Ask your former co-workers to voice their concerns, too. You could call or write OSHA (Occupational Health and Safety) and they can handle it or notify in the proper group in your state. As you suspect, this seems too odd to be just a coincidence.

I'm no expert of any kind, but in a population of 5, if 4 have PTL, that's 80% and my statistics class in college said that's not a coincidence!

Wishing you well! Barbara

Last edited by BarbaraH; 04-02-2006 at 03:07 PM.

Old 04-02-2006, 07:03 PM   #6
(female)

jpresley HB User

No weird circumstances like standing, I have a desk. The job is very Stressful but other than that I do not know. The Bank did remove asbestos six years ago; I think they improperly removed it too. But two of the Women have only been with us for the last couple of years. I do believe there is something more here. I would think that the Insurance would start an investigation. The medical bills on the others and myself are crazy. Thanks for all your responses.

Closed Thread