It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User
Be careful inducing labor w/ sex!

Oh the pain! DH and I had sex 2 times yesterday afternoon with walking in between. Well the 2nd time I apparently pulled my round ligament. I wasn't in pain right after having sex (a little during but not after). But now I have been in a fair amount of pain since last night. I can barely walk. When I do it is very very slow paced and you can tell I am in pain. It hurts worse to lay down so sitting upright is better, even though that hurts my lower back. So...be very very careful! I wasn't even the one moving and doing all the work when it happened. Now I am told I need to take it easy so that it doesn't get worse.

Today is my due date but I do not want to go into labor already hurting like this. And by the way, we did sex, walk sex, spicy dinner, walk - and labor still isn't in sight. So I am done with natural ways to try to start labor. It'll happen when it happens.

Old 04-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #2
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User
Re: Be careful inducing labor w/ sex!

Sadly that method doesnt work for me. Nothing has worked. I know, "worked". I have been trying to get something started with my cervix. Stupid thing wont budge. And I really wouldnt mind having her out right about now. LOL.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Infinitum HB User

Yikes!!!

Take it easy!! Baby will come when he/she wants to I guess!

I hear that with sex----the only way labor can be aided is if the man ejaculates and the woman has the orgasm right around the same time. The sperm alone won't do the trick and the womans orgasm alone won't do the trick.

Good luck!

Old 04-02-2006, 11:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User

I have a stupid question. If you are dialated and don't know it, would the sperm
be harmful and bring in bacteria?

Old 04-08-2006, 08:18 AM   #5
(female)

iwonder HB User

It is highly unlikely that sperm could introduce an infection, whether your cervix is dialated or not (but if you do have concerns ask your OB to make sure, but my MW never mentioned anything like that as an issue.)

Lol, and with my dd, my labor was induced through sex. It caused the water to break, an hour and 3 pushes later I was holding my baby girl (I was full-term 37.3 weeks). NOT that I am recommending this for everybody, but I must say, personally, it was an enjoyable (and unforgettable way of inducing labor.

Last edited by iwonder; 04-08-2006 at 08:20 AM.

Closed Thread