It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

ANUSUA DEB HB User
Exclamation Sugar During Pregnancy- Is Insulin Must

SUGAR DURING PREGNANCY - IS INSULIN MUST

Me 42 years. I got married in 1997 (December). I had to face 4 times miscarriage in between 2-3 month of concenption. The 5th pregnancy was Ok upto 33 weeks during April,2004. I had a problem of high blood pressure (90/160). The movement of the baby suddenly stopped and damaged. I have given a birth still born male babdy in 7th April,2004.

Now, I got again pragnant and it is 22 weeks as of date. After sugar test it is detected 156 after 1 hour of taking 50 gram glocuse. Now doctor suggested for taking 5 unit humanmixed insulin everyday before 30 minutes of taking meal for 6/7 days and again to test blood for sugar rate. My blood is almost normal now.

I want suggestion inview of the above postion.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #2
(female)

shinetype2 HB User
Re: Sugar During Pregnancy- Is Insulin Must

Yes this is exstreamly important for the health and well being of your unborn Baby. I had gestational diabeties 12 yrs ago and my son was so big at birth and it was to late to due a c section. He made it out okay but it was very scary. His heart beat roped to 59bt pr min. He was in serious stress when he finally made it out. I am now pregnant again after 12 yrs but it's a whole new ball game know because I have type 2 diabeties know and that's totally different. If my sugar is not in tight control during the first trimest while the baby is forming it can cause birth defects. I am now in my second trimester and I still need tight control or my baby like yours could get to big. Also babies exposed to high sugar in the womb make alot of insulin and when there born if they continue to make to much insulin they can get low blood sugar which can be life threating if not caught. Your body converts most everything to sugar because that is the main source of energy your body uses not enough sugar and the body shuts down, resulting in seizers, coma and even death. so take it seriously. I took pills for my diabeties untill i found out I was pregnant I take 4 shots a day know it's not so bad. try injecting in your leg it dorsn't hurt as much. good luk and let me know how it all turns out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread