It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2006, 01:23 PM   #1
(female)

rounsy222 HB User
Smile Reed Levi.....AKA "TANK" is here

Hello all,

Reed Levi born March 31st at 618pm 8lbs 12ounces 22 1/2 inches long
born 37 weeks 5days.

I am happy and overjoyed to be home. I feel great and actually havent felt this good since about my third month of pregnancy. So most of you know I kept having contractions though I wasnt in labor, they pretty much thought my body was trying just not getting a good pattern going so when they told me to go in and get checked I did. I was still dialated to 4 and was 80% effaced and so my doc just said since I was there we may as well finish this off. (I was supposed to be induced April 5th) So I went in at 1130am, they broke my water at 130pm. Nothing really happened after they broke my water, small contractions but nothing much in the way of any good strong pattern going. So they gave me a small amount of pitocin, which started off some small contractions and then got better after that, they only up'd the pitocin level one more time until I was in full swing. Withing about two hours of breaking my water I was dialated to 7, they were coming really fast and strong and they gave me the shot of dilatin or something like that cant remember exactly what it was called but it was awesome. It helped relax me and let me breathe through them without freaking out, My daughter and hubby were both there to help me and trust me focus is a big bonus!!!!! I stayed at this for awhile and they gave me a cervical block which worked for about a half hour but then the fun really began. Let the Back labor begin........it was really bad, If I would have known how much that was going to hurt I would have gotten the epidural, MAYBE!!!! So about an hour after the block I was at a 9 and then a 9 1/2 and she said I could push and would probably get past what was left, which happened. So I pushed for about 20 minutes and then they called in the doc, well my little man has a pretty big head and shoulders. With the back labor and trying to lift my legs up to push it was pretty bad, Im pretty sure I told them I changed my mind a few times and that this was NOT going to happen. I was sure he was going to be stuck down there forever, inbetween contractions I managed to get his head partially out and then he told me the next contraction I could do the rest and I sure as hell wasnt going to wait, I pushed the rest of his head out. Then I had to get his shoulders out and that was the hardest part,im sure hes going to be a football player already but I finally pushed him out and instantly the pain was over. They put him on my tummy and he was so clean and pretty, barely any mess. They took him for a few minutes and then gave him back to me after I delivered the placenta and I started to breastfeed right away.

My daughter was there the whole time, oh also my mother just so my hubby didnt have to focus on her too, she did get alittle upset a couple times but I managed to keep her feeling ok by telling her I was good and then even after that she was right there to see the head and body be delivered and now she is a very happy excited sister. She helped my husband count and hold my hand. I told her she could go out whenever she wanted but she just stayed by me and kepts saying I love you.

My hubby kepted me very focused and I probably wouldnt have been able to do it without him and his persistance and him firmly telling me that I need to stay focused and do this!!!! In a loving way of course!!!!

A few wierd things, I knew that when your water broke it kept leaking but it was funny everytime I moved it was like a little river and was really strange.

My bleeding the first day was what I would call a really heavy period day times 2, and now its almost a med to light flow. Im now using normal pads. Use those really ugly undies the hospital gives you because you will definatly wreck any normal undies you have and they help your tummy feel like its not jello, they may be ugly but they do the trick.

Breastfeeding is going awesome and because of it my tummy is pretty small and im back down to maybe my bloated tummy from the beginning of my pregnancy maybe alittle bigger.

They think I had the back labor because he was pushing on my tail bone, which I think everyone knows I broke with my daughter so right now thats about the only thing that is sore on me. I just need alittle help every now and then getting up and down and acually has gotten alittle better, especially with the pain meds. Pain meds are good, use them!!!!!!!!

I went to the bathroom almost an hour after he came and stung alittle but it was the only time it hurt and now its nothing. Though I have yet to have a BM!!!! LOL Wont that be joyous!!! j

I did not tear one bit and did not have to have an episiotimy, I was very happy about this, as I assumed I didnt with my daughter I figured I wouldnt with him but I also though he was going to be seven pounds or so not 8lbs 12ounces.

Ok well I wanted to give you guys some insight now how my labor and my after care went. I will add if I remember anything else........

To my April moms, I tried to keep it going until midnight but it just went to fast........LOL I will definatly keep posting on our board and on the April moms Infant board, good luck to all who are coming up

Meg

Last edited by rounsy222; 04-02-2006 at 01:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
Re: Reed Levi.....AKA "TANK" is here

Amazing story! Thanks for the details! Especially since you've already had one! It helps us second time Mommies to sort of prepare. I am so happy for you now that you have your little bundle safe and sound at home with you and the rest of the family!
CONGRATULATIONS, and Reed Levi is a very cute name! Take care of yourself and your new little man!

Old 04-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
(female)

edogoneill HB User

Congrats. I am so happy for you. I am glad that all went well w/ your labor and delivery. What an amazing story. Keep us posted.

Old 04-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
(female)

walnutsmom HB User

Great story. Congratulations. I am wondering how old your daughter is that she did so well in the delivery room with you.

Old 04-02-2006, 04:28 PM   #5
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnutsmom
Great story. Congratulations. I am wondering how old your daughter is that she did so well in the delivery room with you.

She is eleven and it was her idea to be in there. I was alittle leary but she is doing awesome being a little mom.
Meg

Last edited by rounsy222; 04-02-2006 at 07:13 PM.

Old 04-02-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Rounsey,
Congrats to you! I also like how you included information that we all have little questions about, like the bleeding, back labor, pain, etc.
I have one quick question: What age do the visitors in your hospital have to be? At my hospital it is 14 and I would like my little sisters to visit, they are 11 and 13............Thanks.

Old 04-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #7
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Thank you,

They dont have a rule, they just needed to be supervised.
Meg

Old 04-02-2006, 07:50 PM   #8
(female)

feb06baby HB User

Just wanted to say congrats and that I sympathize with you about the back labor! I had an epidural and it numbed my abdomen and legs great, but I still had the back labor...I tell ya that some pain! Anyhow great birth story!

Old 04-02-2006, 10:34 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

rounsy
congratulations i feel for you with the back pains. glad ds is here safe and you are both doing great. enjoy every second i can't believe ds is growing so fast now. wishing you all the best i know we are march moms but in our hearts we are reallly april mommies

Old 04-03-2006, 08:15 AM   #10
(female)

marie81 HB User

Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing all the details. It made me alot less nervous about the whole experience.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:01 AM   #11
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Congrats again rounsy! I can't believe your daughter was there with you!!! That's insane! My 11 yr old sister thinks it's gross when she sees/feels the baby move INSIDE of my belly, nevermind coming out! That's great. I love the name too!

Old 04-03-2006, 08:22 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

Meg,

Oh my goodness......I am so excited for you. Congratulations. I am glad Levi is doing well.

Dalton came home on Wed, and was readmitted on Saturday with possible Bact meningitis. He is back on the vent, but pretty stable. We are hoping to have him extubated by the end of the week. He is okay, I on the other hand am an emotional mess, but I will be fine.

Congratulations again.

Amy

Old 04-04-2006, 07:26 AM   #13
(female)

jukaam HB User
Question Re: Reed Levi.....AKA "TANK" is here

Congrats! I hope I can have the same birth story! ....except maybe a little smaller baby

One question, what is a "cervical block"?

Old 04-04-2006, 05:08 PM   #14
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukaam
Congrats! I hope I can have the same birth story! ....except maybe a little smaller baby

One question, what is a "cervical block"?
A cervical block is where they put a shot on either side of your cervix and it numbs the contractions in that area, It sounds painful but it wasnt at all.
Meg

Closed Thread