It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
April's here! Part 2

Congratulations Irguyer!!! I can't believe how small your little guy was! Mine was measuring 8lbs at 35 wks! Take care of yourself and you little dude! I can't believe how many April Mom's have had their babies already and it's only the 2nd now! Amazing.
I am 36.3 wks today and was ready to go to the hospital last night! I was having major contractions all night and was timing them. They were between 5 and 7 minutes apart, some of them painful (menstrual) others being more tightenings (BH contractions). My husband thought last night was the night. I told him probably not but not to be surprised if it was!
Well, here I am, at home and no baby. No new baby anyway! And I'm okay with that. As much as I want to have him and am looking forward to the event, I am not ready! My Mom and I went shopping for last minute stuff today and I am getting dh to set stuff up this coming week. Now that I am off work I can get some cleaning done (if my pelvis will let me) and make sure all the baby's stuff is good to go!

Old 04-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #2
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User
Re: April's here! Part 2

Wow, I had to say this but you and I are right along I am 36 and 3 as well, and have no idea what shes weighing. LOL. But I know shes big, she was bigger than normal when I had my last U/S at the beginning of march.

Just a personal question has your cervix changed any? Mine hasnt budged.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

Hi all, I went to hospital today, I wasn't sure about my contractions, some hurt and others didn't but they were coming about 6 min apart for about 2 hours, I also had diarrea and felt sick so I though it might be time and since I live 40 min away from the hospital I went. I was contracting but they slowed and the baby wasn't bothered by them at all! They checked me and I am about a finger tip still got a while they say, more like my due date april 11th! hopefully not over but I don't think so! well when in doubt I guess just go!!
soon momma's it will be our turn!
carly

Old 04-02-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Hey DragonsBeauty,
I haven't heard from you for a long while, how is everything going? I know you have some person finance issues as well as some health issues. Are you 36 weeks already? Congrats on your girl, she will be here soon. At 36 weeks, the midwifes or doctors don't normally check the cervix..not until the 38th week. I am 39 weeks now, I was checked last week and I was at 2 cm.

Baby,
I also can't believe we had four April Mom's deliver and it is only April 2nd like you pointed out. I haven't had any timeable "what I think are contractions" except after that appointment last Monday and the cramps I timed were like 22 minutes apart. I think that is the closet I have come to anything, even the mucus plug didn't come out, I had two very small pieces of sticky, stringy mucus and that was it a week ago. Looks like I will be hanging in there with the rest of you.
I am due a week from today, next Sunday, but I am guessing I am going to go a few days over that.....we'll see!

Old 04-02-2006, 04:45 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

Just dropping in to say hello. I'm still pregnant and 13 days until my due date. I'm getting very excited. Who else had their baby?

Today I started having bh with some lower back pain. The bh were a little painful with some cramping. Are those consided "contractions?"
-stacey

Old 04-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Az,

Weepy, Irguyer, SoBannon, and Rounsey all had their babies so far! Yay! I believe all the babies have been boys so far too! I have painful cramping and the lower back pain, but I have yet to see the braxton hicks contractions myself. I think the cramps are the contractions?!? I am not sure.

Old 04-02-2006, 05:57 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Does anyone else feel like crap? I mean I have headaches, like tension ones that last forever!!!!!! my tummy is a mess and I can't walk!!!
carly
I sweat a lot too! hate it

Old 04-02-2006, 10:41 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi to you all
hope you are managing to get through these last few weeks. know the relief you will feel from these symptoms after delivery will feel great plus you have your little one it could not get any better. ds is getting big now he is a greedy bear. my boobs seem to be drying up so we are practically exclusively on bottle feeding. i went on a massive shopping spree for clothes boy did it make me feel good to buy normal fashionable clothes for this season roll on th esummer.
orange thanks for letting me know who else delivered i will go look for their stories.
hope to see lots more of your birth stories soon best of luck still thinking of you all even if i am so busy it is harder for me to post as often as i did it is 06.30 hours and i have been up over an hour feeding ds and making up bottles i just got a drink and some buiscuits too as yesterday i did not get chance to eat till 4 pm!!!
take care all

Old 04-02-2006, 10:48 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

irguyer
congrats i could not see a birth story yet so thought i would post here to say congratulations mommy. my ds was born 36 weeks 5 days to these little boys sure want to meet us sooner rather than later lol. hope all is well how heavy was your little one born mine was 6 pound 15 good or an early baby but the big boy is 8 pound 5 now and he is only 4 weeks old next tuesday. they grow so fast. take care and see you on the next board.

come on you april mommies

Old 04-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #10
(female)

Whoababy HB User

I just wanted to let you know that it's now 5 april moms that have had their babies =). I had my little girl on March 31st (i was due April 3rd) she was 6.6lbs and 19" long. The labor and delievery couldn't have gone better - It's really not as bad as they say. It's so great after all those weeks of waiting to hold your little one. Good luck to everyone and I'll be checking in on who else has had their baby - I know I haven't posted much but i've been following right along with you guys the whole time.

Orange,
I had pd like cramping starting wed at 6pm, they were slight but regular about 25-40 mins apart.. by thursday night I had a pretty good idea that I was in labor and on Friday morning I decided to go into the hospital - I wasn't timing them right and I almost didn't go because I wasn't in very much pain.. When i got there they said it was a good thing because my contractions were only 2-3 minutes apart - and had Calie just hours later. I was VERY suprised!! I would go and get checked out if you think that they may be regular.. liek I said before, labor isn't as bad as I thought it would be...

Good luck to everyone!! - Casey

Old 04-03-2006, 08:05 AM   #11
(female)

edogoneill HB User

Whoababy, Congrats on your little. I am gald to hear that you are both safe and sound. It is amazing how many of us have had their babies this early on. I bet the next one will be Army tomorrow.

Well, I had a docotor appt this moring and b/c of the fibroid blocking my cervix my doctor decided that there is absolutely no way for me to vaginally deliver so my c-section has been scheduled for 4/18. I am very excited b/c now I know when my little one will be here. Me and dh are very excited. I can't wait to meet my baby.

Worry, I too have been feeling like crap. No headaches, but just really really achy and crapy, however, no real bh contractions. So it appears I will be making to my baby shower on 4/9 as well as my c-section.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:26 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Whoababy,
Thanks for the information about the cramps. Today will be 1 week since I have been experiencing them and I sometimes wonder since I hung in there during this entire pregnancy and had a fairly "easy" pregnancy that if these cramps and slight discharge that seems to feel wet are signs. But nothing is regular or timeable in my opinion.

April Moms,
I am getting frusterated with something......I have a slight increase in discharge, however, it is more wet. I k now this all sounds gross so bare with me, I am not happy to be typing this....sometimes I think I smell like pee. I have been totally grossed out these past few days constantly changing and bathing. I know on my sheet for signs, it says if you think your water had broke, make sure it isn't urine. I am not having any bladder problems, but is it possible for it to leak out and not even realize it towards the end? I am very puzzled but I always feel like I wet myself and like I said I am constantly changing.

Also, when your water does trickle out and not gush......can someone explain to me what that was like and how long that went on for? Thanks

Old 04-03-2006, 08:44 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Weepy, so glad your well! I can't wait to buy normal clothes too!! sending a hug your way!
orange-I also have an increase in discharge, it is annoying and gross!! I just try and bear with it sometimes I use the thin panty liners, It can be pee, it has happened to me before, my doc sais that when your water does break it kinda smells like a weird bleachy smell not like urine.
edogoneill- I am sorry about your fibroid problems, I have them also. How exciting to know when your little one will come though, I will be thinking of you! are you going to have them removed at the same time? Have fun at your shower, it is a wonderful to celebrate baby!! Yeah these last final days/weeks are a pain!!!!!!!!! I am getting so depressed, I had to cut my toe rings off yesterday, they weren't really swollen yet but they wouldn't come off!!! I got scared, I don't need them to get stuck! I just cry a lot and hope that soon she will come!!
congrats whoababy!!!!!!!!! Your little girl was the same as me when I was born 6.6. and 19 inches long, she will be tall!
lets all hang in there!!!!!
carly

Old 04-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #14
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Wow ladies, I can't keep up with you all having your babies! And early! I'm so jealous!! I really, really hope I go early too!

Congrats lrguyer! Looks like you didn't have to wait after all! You must be so relieved and happy!!

Congrats whoababy!

Orange, it definitely sounds like you are in labor to me. It could still be "early" labor, but labor nonetheless. When my water broke, I only realized it because I woke up wet. Just my undies, not my boxers or the sheets. When I was up walking around it wasn't anything I could actually feel leaking out, I just seemed to have wet undies/wet pad. I know they say to smell it, but honestly I didn't seem to notice a difference either way. They say that the smell will be sweet, but I think my discharge smells sweet too (sorry, tmi)! So, imo, I think you should go get checked out! Very exciting.

I'm frustrated because I have lots of cramping and increased discharge, but no dilation or anything as of yet I'm still early though (36.2 wks), I'd like to at 38 wks poof have the baby in a wonderfully short and pain-free labor .

Last edited by sickofit; 04-03-2006 at 10:53 AM.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:04 AM   #15
(female)

edogoneill HB User

Worry -

Thanks for the warm thoughts. As far as the fibroids go the only way to have mine removed is to have a hysterectomy, so b/c dh and I want to have one more baby and this pregnancy did not give me any real problems as far as the fibroids go we have decided to wait until after the birth of our second baby to have them removed.

Closed Thread