It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
(female)

lauraw1976 HB User
bleeding in early pregnancy, is there any hope?

hi there - i'm new but have been lurking for awhile. i'm currently PG w/#2. i'm 8 weeks and 2 days today. it's been pretty uneventful so far - my hcg and progresterone levels have been great, and i saw the heartbeat on an ultrasound at 7 weeks.

then today i was flying and right before boarding the plane, i felt strong cramping. i thought it was intestinal so i went to the bathroom and nothing happened. i got on the plane and about 10 min later, i felt fine. spent the flight nauseated as usual (been having m/s on and off for weeks).

but as i stood up to get off the plane, i felt a gush. i went to the bathroom and i had gushed blood. i freaked out, of course and didn't know what to do. i paged my doctor and he said that it's not good but there's still some hope as we saw the heartbeat. he told me to go home and rest all afternoon and come in tomorrow AM for an u/s, so that's what i'm doing.

also, since i've been home the bleeding has stopped. itw as definitely a good amount of blood but is gone now.

does anyone have any experience w/bleeding early on and their pregnancy surviving? what do you all think? please be honest.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
Re: bleeding in early pregnancy, is there any hope?

well ur looking for honest answers and to be honest it doesnt sound very good specially if it was red(bright) blood. i have 3 kids and had a misscarriage once. once i started bleeding that was it it never stopped so it could still be a pos sign...hey some women have their periods still during pg. when i got it it was worse than a period and within 24hrs i knew i was have a misc. having it been #2 i knew what labour felt like and it was a lot like that. so if these symptoms arent what ur having then rest and see ur doc asap. when i was pg with my last one dh and i were having sex and right after i started cramping and spotted but it was very little and brown in colour. everything went ok with that pg. good luck and let us know what happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2006, 09:44 PM   #3
(female)

Angellica HB User

Well.....I bled BRIGHT red blood with my first son and he is 10 1/2 months old =) and I am light spotting with this pregnancy too.... but, the spotting has spotted for the time being! With my first son, I bled a lot and also had terrible cramping...I called the hospital and the dr on call said that it did not look good....I was horrified! So, I went in to see my dr the next day and she said that some women bleed and that everything could be just fine! That made me feel much better! I put myself on bedrest for about 2 weeks after I bleed bright red blood and laid low. I still bled on and off until 20 weeks.....
but had a beautiful baby boy!!!!

With this pregnancy, I also was spotting......a lot lighter than my first and they have had me go in for ultrasounds after each bleeding episode. The baby is doing fine and they said the bleeding is caused by something called a 'subchorionic' hemmorage. This forms when the baby implants into the uterine wall. I was soooo happy to hear that there was a reason for the bleeding!!!

I guess the bottom line is.......wait it out and take care of yourself......

I bled with my first pregnancy and had a wonderful outcome and
I have bled with this pregnancy too, but everything is moving along just
fine.

Don't give up hope just yet!!!

Ps. I purchased a baby doppler with this pregnancy so I can be reassured everyday that the babies heartbeat is still there and is doing ok.
It really helps ease the mind to know that the baby
is still alive and well.~

Take Care,
Angellica~*

Last edited by Angellica; 04-02-2006 at 09:51 PM.

Old 04-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User

Having suffered 3 early m/c's myself, the bleeding doesn't sound good. But the fact that you did see the heartbeat should give you some hope. With my daughter I had spotting, not gushing blood. Get to a hospital or dr.'s office asap. Please keep us posted. I wish you the best.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:23 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

AmandaB HB User

My friend I I were PG at the same time, and our due dates were within days of each other.

I will never forget the day she told me she thought she had lost her baby. She too got a sudden gush of blood, and said she also passed a huge 'clot'.

However, she is now the proud Mama of a healthy 2 year old daughter. The cause of the bleeding was never really understood. They are thinking maybe she had a build of of blood in her cervix. But the end result was perfect.

I hope and pray that you also get some good news.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:39 PM   #6
(female)

lauraw1976 HB User

I just wanted to give you all the update - thanks so much for the responses. So far, the baby's still ok! I had an ultrasound yesterday and literally cried on the table when they showed me that its heart was still beating. They found a spot on my lining that had dried blood on it - I had some kind of tear and they don't really know why. They think it'll be okay as long as I rest up.

So I'm now on modified bedrest - not fun! But I'm willing to do whatever it takes. Thanks again for all your responses and hopefully it'll all be ok.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:41 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User

I'm 17 weeks and I'm glad you are ok! I just wanted to tell you that in the end of my first month or early in my second month I had light bleeding for one night. My baby is fine!

Old 04-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Laura:

I just wanted to say that I am so happy that everything worked out fine for you. Now rest up and take care of that bean!!

Melly

Old 04-04-2006, 06:10 PM   #9
(female)

Angela3 HB User
Talking Re: bleeding in early pregnancy, is there any hope?

Ive had 3 babies,,, during the first tri i bled, gushed fluid and blood, even passed clots the size of my thumb!!! I have 3 beautifully healthy children

Anthony 11
Anna 5
Isabella 10 1/2 months....

To thid day we will not know why it happend...

Old 04-05-2006, 08:15 PM   #10
(female)

vicki_83 HB User
Thumbs up Re: bleeding in early pregnancy, is there any hope?

Hey Laura

I havent experienced anything like that but my friend has had a m/c and she bled bright red but she also said that she felt really ill for the duration of her pregnancy i am so glad you are okay, it can happen. I am 8 weeks today and had a little bit of light brown spotting i was so worried but the scan showed that everything was fine. Take it easy and i wish you all the best for you and your baby.

Last edited by vicki_83; 04-05-2006 at 08:17 PM.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:02 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

qt314 HB User

All I will say is DON'T rush to judgement!

I had one m/c with no blood. My second pregnancy I started gushing bright red blood around between 9 and 10 weeks. Of course it happened on a Saturday. I had no cramping, but had gone to the bathroom and there it was. Since I had already gone through a miscarriage I was freaking out. I called my docs office but couldn't get the nurse. I headed for the hospital. On my way the nurse got a hold of me. She told me to turn around and put my feet up for the rest of the weekend and scheduled an ultrasound for monday morning. She said there wasn't anything the hospital could do. She told me not to worry it would be just fine and bleeding isn't all that rare at that stage.
I went back home, found my pg book and started reading. It made me feel a little bit better, but I was still very concerned.
Monday came and I had my ultrasound and there was his little heartbeat! Turned out it was exactly like the textbook said. My placenta was pushing against my cervix and causing it to bleed. I was put on bed rest for one week and then a followup u/s.
He and I are now 29 weeks and doing just fine. No more complications!

So again......don't rush to judgement.

good luck!

Old 04-07-2006, 06:42 AM   #12
(female)

Alicat79 HB User

Their may be some hope. I had a similar thing happen with my first. It turned out to be my body discarding a second sack which had no embyo. I had miscarryed before so it was the same heavy bleeding.

Closed Thread