It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2006, 06:28 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Tested Positve....now what??

as some of you read my post that i wrote yesterday..mentioning i took a preg test and it came out positive.......i'm trying to see an obgyn today to confrim this.

symptoms.....sore breasts just this past week, a bit of cramping....is this normal? why do i feel like i'm going to get my period if i'm not?

what's next (can't you tell this is my first child!)? can i still tan, color my hair, is splenda ok? diet coke?

etc.......i know that my doc will tell me this but until i get in....would like to have some of my questions answered.

thanks alot. very worked up right now!

Old 04-03-2006, 07:08 AM   #2
(female)

deadsy HB User
Re: Tested Positve....now what??

First of all, Congrats on your BFP!!! That's great!! Are you a November mom? If so, we have a thread around here somewhere!!

Secondly, your symtoms sound normal to me... as those are the same ones I experienced right after I found out I am preggo. The cramping went away, but the sore breasts have continued for me... hehe.. so much fun!
This is my first pregnancy too... and like you, I have a million questions. My recommendation would be to get the book "What to Expect When you are Expecting". I bought this a few days ago and it has been VERY helpful for all of my questions. And of course you can ask your doctor too.

Good luck with everything... I hope your Dr. Appt. goes well!!!

linsey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2006, 07:13 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User

Hey there!! Well congrats on the pregnancy!! I am 24 weeks pregnant with my first!! My first symptom was sore boobs and blue veins on them became more apparent..the soreness didnt last too long though..a few weeks id say..and i didnt think for a minute i was pregnant because when my period was due, i got horrible cramps..i kept rushing to the bathroom cuz i was sure it was coming!! It happened the next month for me too, but as long as there is no bleeding, there is nothing to be worried about!! I think your body just isnt adjusted to the pregnancy so you can still get period symptoms. its completely normal, i hear a lot of women say they felt like they were going to get their period the first month! i think diet coke should be fine because there is no caffeine in it..just try and avoid large amounts of caffeine, take prenatal vitamins if you can, and eat healthy...crazy things happen to your body during pregnancy but its a good thing..dont feel stupid about asking any kind of questions cuz it is confusing, i know i ask questions all the time..i have no idea whats normal, whats not and what i should be feeling..its scary your first time..as for tanning, dont go to the tanning bed but you can lay outside since its not direct rays, i asked the same question! hah keep posting and remember dont feel stupid about asking anything!

Old 04-03-2006, 07:59 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User

I read that you should avoid artificial sweetners like aspartame (which is in diet coke). I don't know about splenda.

I just found out I'm pregnant too and keep worrying that I'm doing something wrong. but so many people have children, it must not be that hard????

Old 04-03-2006, 09:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

thanks sara and nancy..congratulations to both of you.

i'm glad i'm not in this boat alone...with all my questiosn....think once i get this confirmed by next week's ob appt, i'll get the book on what to expect..and have both me and my hubby read it.

Closed Thread