It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2006, 07:18 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User
losing a lot of sleep normal?

Well for the past like 4 days or so, i have only slept like 2 hrs, if that, each night. i dont know why? i usually have to urinate at like 2 or 3 am and if i did sleep at all before that, i cant go back to sleep afterwards..i will try so hard but i cant. i will lay there for hours and hours, even if i feel tired. I thought at this point i should be sleeping alot and towards the end of my pregnancy i would lose sleep but i have lost way too much sleep i think. there have been 2 night i didnt even sleep for a minute so i figured i would fall asleep early the next night but nope, maybe an hour or 2 of sleep if im lucky!! Is this normal? what can i do to make myself sleep?

Old 04-03-2006, 07:30 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Jonanner HB User
Re: losing a lot of sleep normal?

Hi Sara! Sorry you're losing so much sleep. I know it's normal to lose some, but that sounds like too much. I have had some problems getting back to sleep after I wake up for the bathroom at night, but I find my lack of sleep is due to my mind working overtime. I'm always thinking about the baby, pregnancy, delivery, parenting....

Is it possible your sleep problems are stress related at all? I find drinking Sleepy Time tea (or another relaxing herbal tea) before bed helps me to relax and sleep better. Good luck. Hope you get some sleep tonight

Last edited by Jonanner; 04-03-2006 at 07:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2006, 07:40 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User

I know it kind of scares me that im losing so much sleep, i didnt think it was normal and i dont know if its bad for the baby or not? i havent taken anything before bed to try and make myself sleep..what kind of tea could help? i dont wanna take medicines or anything for it, although i really want to sometimes hah but i dont know if any medicines are safe or not either!

Old 04-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Be careful with the herbal teas...not all are safe in pregnancy so they tell me.
I can sympathize...I usually go to bed by 10:00 or earlier. I wake up around 12:30-1:00 to pee and then dh's alarm goes off at 3:00 (he's works for a farmer and milks cows really early). It usually takes me 30 min-1 hour to go back to sleep and then I basically toss and turn and wake every hour till 6:00 or so.
I find I sleep better if I read before bed, work out that day (usually at 6:00 am) and try to do some deep breathing and relaxing before bed. A warm bath helps me too.
Good luck...how far along are you?

Old 04-03-2006, 08:09 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User

Thanks for the replies! i will try the suggestions! I cant work out much because of my leg..well in the hip area..even before i was pregnant it would hurt so bad..it feels like something is out of place or things in there are rubbing together that shouldnt be but its very painful, i cant even walk..it happens at some point everyday or every other day! I will be 25 weeks tomorrow!

Old 04-03-2006, 08:23 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Jonanner HB User

Sorry. I didn't know about the herbal tea being bad for you. Better check with your doctor before you try it. I guess I'll check with mine too. The things I learn on this board.

Closed Thread