It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
When did you announce to the inlaws?

do i really have to wait three months? i know alot do to just be sure but i want to tell them as soon as i come out of my first obgyn dr's appt next week...plan to tell the inlaws and my parents on easter weekend! is this really too early?

Old 04-03-2006, 11:50 AM   #2
(female)

shamrockcb HB User
Re: When did you announce to the inlaws?

we waited until we saw a heartbeat on the u/s but we had to get an early u/s due to bleeding and spotting. It was nice because then we could show them pics and they framed them in their house LOL

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2006, 11:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

I'd tell people as soon as YOU want to tell them. If you are o.k. with having to tell them if something does go wrong then go ahead and tell whoever you want whenever you want. I personally think it is silly to wait till you are over 12 weeks unless you have a history of miscarriage. I had a m/c last spring very early...we had only told a few people of our suspicions that I was pg...nothing was really confirmed until the day before the m/c when I was about 5.5 weeks. I am now 32.5 weeks and we told my folks when I was about 6.5-7 weeks and dh's family when I was about 9 weeks. I told my friends and coworkers when I was 10 weeks.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hope5756 HB User

(COLOR=TEAL)we told all our family and friends at 6 weeks... we figured anything can happen at any point in your pregnancy... i mean you could get in an accadent at 30+ weeks and the baby dies, and then you would have to tell them... so i feel you can tell them whenever you want to. (/COLOR)

Old 04-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

thanks guys.....this is all so much to take in.....i hate to admit that i wasn't as happy as i thought last night when looking at the test result...the fear took over my emotions...this is bringing it all to life now and to reality....the fun of sharing our news to people who will be so happy for us.

trying to figure out a creative way to do this

thanks and good luck to those who are pregnant now....

Old 04-03-2006, 01:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User

I told the world the day I found out I was pregnant, which was the day AF was due.
I was too excited because it took me almost 3 years to conceive!!!! I just couldn't
hold it in!

Old 04-03-2006, 06:37 PM   #7
(female)

deadsy HB User

I have to say, I am almost 6 weeks pregnant, and pretty much everyone in my life knows about this. LOL, We, too, had plans of waiting a while to tell everyone, but the excitement kicked in and it was just too hard. I told my parents over the weekend and they were elated... dh also told his mom (who will be a first time Grandma) and she was very excited too. The fact that they are all so excited really does help with the nervouness of pregnancy. I also have been feeling a little scared about being pregnant, but each day my excitement grows and that is over powering the nervousness.
Anyway, like the other girls said, I would tell people when you are ready. I decided to tell my boss immediately incase she was wondering why I was running to the bathroom every 10 minutes... LOL and also I wanted her to be able to prepare for all of the time off I will need for appointments and such.
Good luck though... I am sure whenever you tell them will be perfect!

linsey

Old 04-04-2006, 03:13 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

I told my parents and in-laws as soon as we heard a heartbeat (in the seventh week -- they do ultrasounds here instead of physical exams) and we're thinking about telling the grandparents soon, but I think we'll wait until 12 weeks to tell siblings and friends. In part it's because I don't want to get too excited myself yet...

Old 04-04-2006, 04:33 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

Well, I Think We'll Go Ahead And Tell The Parents (or At Least Mine)easter Weekend Since We Will Have Had The First Dr's Appt Next Tuesday, The 11th, And We'd Planned To Be In For The Weekend Over Easter. Maybe We'll Go In On Saturday To Tell My Hus's Mom And Then Come Into My Parents Afterwards...so They Both Find Out The Same Weekend.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

We just told our parents last night and I am 6 weeks. We wanted to wait longer to tell our families but like deadsy said, I think I needed to tell people because I was so nervous and needed people to be excited for me. It helped to ease my fears.

The funny thing is what my mother said. She goes to me, "so you have been hiding this from me?" I almost didn't know what to say! I had to explain that until we found out and got the blood results, we were already 4 weeks. Geez!!!!!

Old 04-04-2006, 01:21 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

We decided to tell both sets of parents the day after we got the blood test results -- figuring that even if something happened they would know anyway, so why wait to tell them??

The only people we haven't told is DH's work and my volunteer organizations. We'll probably wait until after our first appointment on the 17th (~8weeks).

Closed Thread