It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
I'm too scared and nervous to be excited!

this being my first time being pregnant however we were going to start seriously trying and didn't think the one time we went for it it would happen, i can't help but be so worked up...scared, nervous, stressed over all of this. yes, i want the baby, and it's a good time for us and i am getting to the age where i should start soon-32, but i haven't had done the happy dance yet or been excited......just found out last night with the hpt.....going in next tuesday for my first ob/gyn appt.....

anyone else take a while to become 'excited?' also...will i have an ultrasound my first ob appt?

thanks for listening...at work now but all i can think about is my news i haven't shared yet with anyone....

Old 04-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

*Stace* HB User
Re: I'm too scared and nervous to be excited!

Excitement will vary from woman to woman....I was extremely giddy and excited, because my husband and I only even had a 10% chance of getting pregnant in a given cycle, and add that to the fact that we weren't even actively trying (I wasn't charting my cycle or anything like that), and, well, that just made for a very excited me!!

You may or may not get an ultrasound. Some doctors do it, some don't. You probably will, though, so that they can check the heartbeat and stuff.

Congratulations, though, and hopefully you'll get the excited bug soon!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2006, 06:39 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

I am 6 weeks and think I have nervous excitement. I am not giddy or jumping up and down. Infact, I think I have anxiety over it. It is all I think about and yet I am jittery and have butterflies in my stomach. I compare it to the feeling you get when you have to speak in front of a large group of people. I can't seem to relax and the hormone changes do not help one bit!

I guess I am excited, but I think I am more overwhelmed with emotions right now that I don't know what to feel. Plus, I am uncomfortable from being so bloated that I think more about that then the excitement of being pregnant.

I am sure once we both start to show and possibly see the baby on ultra sound that we will be more excited.

Old 04-04-2006, 04:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

KELTO-

YES, THAT'S THE WAY I FEEL, I'M CONSTANTLY ANXIOUS...FEEL LIKE I HAVE BUTTERFLIES AND AM NERVOUS. DO YOU HAVE CRAMPING LIKE YOU WOULD BEFORE YOUR PERIOD? I TEND TO GET IT MORE AT NIGHT AND IN THE AM.

HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR DR YET? I GO ON 4-11 SO HOPEFULLY THEN, THE EXCITEMENT WILL KICK IN. AS I'VE SAID BEFORE, I WANT TO BE A MOTHER, BUT HAVE NEVER LOOKED FORWARD TO THE 9 MONTHS OF CHANGES..WHO KNOWS THOUGH..MAYBE I'LL BE ONE OF THOSE WOMEN WHO DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP THE BABY DURING LABOR BECAUSE THEY ENJOYED THE PREG PERIOD SO MUCH......

Old 04-04-2006, 07:41 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

My doctor won't see me until I am 10 weeks so I have to wait until 4/25. I have not had any cramping at all - just a bloated stomach and stuff.

I am glad I am not the only one feeling overwhelmed by this. Like you, I think I just have to make it to that first appointment so that I know everything is ok. I am also nervous about all the changes in my body and how I will handle them. Oh well, I have been through some rough times and I am sure I can make it through this. Best of luck to you!

Old 04-04-2006, 08:10 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

*Stace* HB User

manchak99, I'm 16 weeks now, and I still get some mild cramps every now and then. They were a bit worse when I first found out - in fact, the cramps were my first clue that I was pregnant, even though I'd never heard of that being a symptom. However, I know my body well enough to know that I start cramping a day or two at most before my period starts, and when no period showed up after a week of cramps, I realized that something was different. I couldn't even go by "well, hey, my period's a week late", because my cycles have been very messed up ever since I stopped taking Depo Provera in 2004 (and I only ever received one shot!)....so I really had to pay attention to the other clues my body was sending me.

I think for all of you ladies, things will definitely sink in more once you have that first ultrasound and see/hear that tiny little heartbeat....me personally, while I obviously knew I was pregnant, it was hard for me to believe, until I had that first visit and saw that tiny little person...it just made it all that much more real. Good luck to all of you!!

Old 04-04-2006, 08:44 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

thanks...it's really good to be able to come on this board and see that i'm not alone..and that i'm not abnormal with either my mental issues with 'why am i not excited yet?' or with my physical symptoms...cramping? had no idea that this was a pregnancy sign!

so...hoping i get an ultrasound on 4/11 and we'll go from there.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #8
(female)

Beeston HB User

To all you nervous soon to be mothers. It is perfectly natural to not be jumping for joy, the nerves and feelings of anguish are normal. I found that once you see your first ultrasound scan it all becomes real, up until that point I was still convinced that I'd made a mistake and I wasn't pregnant, even though I was desperate.

NB: early cramping is normal, mine were that bad that I was sometimes doubled over with the pain, my doctor told me it was the fertilised egg embedding itself.

Good luck everyone

xxx

Old 04-04-2006, 09:08 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

I understand how it feels to be stressed over pregnancy too. Everyone wants you to be excited but you just can't right now! I was so excited the first time and then I was let down when it turned out to be ectopic. I am now 10 weeks into my second pregnancy and it has been a rollercoaster ride. I am worried at every turn something will go wrong because whenever something good happened then something not so good would happen. I am not saying this will happen to you I am just saying I can relate too the worrying, so you are not alone! I am sure things will be fine for you! Congrats!

Old 04-04-2006, 10:30 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User
Talking Re: I'm too scared and nervous to be excited!

I was very scared when I saw the positive on the test and we had been trying for almost a year so it was confusing for me that I felt sad and scared that I was PREGNANT! I would call my mom (in the first week) balling my eyes out. My hormones were going NUTS...I would tell her I didn't think I could be a good mom or handle the baby or what if this or what if that....then I would think how my relationship will change with my husband and how this baby is going to always be there.....BUT!!!!! IT ALL CHANGES and you can rest assured that it is all normal to feel the way you feel....the length of time varies for each woman, but you will be fine, and the excitement will come.

You will feel better after you see an ultrasound, it will be the most amazing thing you EVER could have imagined! Hang in there-

Closed Thread