It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
(female)

\m/Slayer\m/ HB User
Abdominal pain

Hi. I will 8 weeks prego tomorrow, and i have been having some pretty bad pains. I have had them pretty much the whole time so far. Sometimes they are dull sometimes they hurt more than others. I noticed recently that I have had them mostly on my lower left abdominal area and they are pretty sharp..they don't hang aroung too long, but they come and go. Like sharp pains for 8 seconds...3 mins go by..another sharp pain..couple minutes go by. I'm just wondering if anyone knows whats going on. I ask my doc at my first visit about cramps and she said it should feel like I'm starting my period, which at the time was what it felt like. But now they feel a little more sharp and more designated to one place. oh and btw: no bleeding or spotting at all!
If anyone can help i'd really appreciate it.
Due date: November 13..so far
Holy nausea..all day!

Old 04-04-2006, 06:30 AM   #2
(female)

Faythey HB User
Re: Abdominal pain

That happened to me at the beginning as well. I asked my doc about it, and honestly I cant remember what she said, but it's totally normal.

I've had problems with ovarian cysts in the past, and it felt like the same kind of pain. When I told my doc, she didnt even bat an eye. She was like, nope, thats normal.

I found that if I was careful about how I sat up (try to push with your arms instead of your abs) then it helped. Also, coughing and laughing while laying down could be really painful. Other than that...heat packs are my saviour. 15 minutes with a heat pack seems to resolve any pain I'm in.

I'm 23 weeks now and that type of pain has pretty much subsided.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
(female)

belle0513 HB User

Your stomach is streching. I did that at first also. It goes away. No need to worry but just to make yourself feel better ask your dr. to but 100% sure!

~Rach~
Married 12/29/2001
Baby #1 Due 06/08/2006

Old 04-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I have it, too. I tried to explain to my DH about the abdominal stretching, but he just looked at me sideways.

In addition to my 7cm fibroid (which I'm sure is bigger at this point thanks to the extra estrogen) and the suspected ovarian cyst, I'm downright miserable!

But, I keep telling myself that it's going to get better...

Old 04-04-2006, 04:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

I've Had Some Cramping Too...as Some Of You Have Read My Other Posts, I Found Out I Was Preg Just This Sunday Night. Was 5 Days Late And That's Very Unlike Me...usually Always Early. So..took The Test And Voila...positive.

I've Had Cramping On And Off....more In The Night When I Go To Bed Than Any Other Time. Feels Like Cramps I Get With My First Day Of My Period. I've Heard These Are Common. One Of The Signs Of Pregnancy As A Matter Of Fact. I've Also Had Twinges That Are A Bit More Sharp But Only Last A Second...i've Got My First Appt Next Tuesday...don't Know Exactly How Far Along I Am...went On **********'s Site And Seems I'm About 5 Weeks And Will Be Due On 12/5.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:29 AM   #6
(female)

walnutsmom HB User

Have you ever had issues with Irritable Bowel Syndrome? I did and I had pains at the beginning of my pregnancy that sounded just like yours. I thought it was going to be a problem all pregnancy because the pains are sometimes so similar to menstrual cramps but with following good diet they stopped bothering me after week 12 or so.

Something to consider. As far as miscarriage goes, I wouldn't be worried about it. It doesn't sound like its that kind of pain. And its always a good sign when there is no blood or spotting.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

i've been having the same issue.....glad i found this post and that i'm not alone! how are you now?

my pains started two days ago (on Sunday or Monday) and it's on the lower left below my belly button and goes down a bit more. sometimes i cna be sitting and all is fine and then other times i feel it or REALLY feel it..ouch! also when i rub the area, it's tender...hurts right underneath the skin.

someone asked on here if i had ibs and yes, i do. was at my first appt yesterday with my OB and he said it's quite normal since i AM pregnant to be having this...also noticed that where my pain and discomfort is was where the U/S picked up the sac.

just wondering on the original poster's status now?

Old 04-14-2006, 05:25 PM   #8
(female)

\m/Slayer\m/ HB User

Well..all is a little better. I'm begining to think it has something to do with a fibroid. I had some problems with cysts on my ovaries. They would get bigger when I ovulated and in February (around the same time i conceived..scary) I had a cyst burst and let me tell you..that is sooo painful. Usually I'm not too bad with pain..I just keep an eye on it..but I couldn't even move without my abdomen being extremely painful. Though my doc said i shouldn't get the cysts while I'm prego because i'm not ovulating..though that was all a guess of course. Though I won't rule out the IBS. Before I was prego, while i was on my period..being a queen(number 2..LOL!) was very crampy and uncomfortable. But the pains aren't there so much now..more like constant nausea! All day..no puking yet though. My problem with the whole abdominal pain thing is this..you tell a doc that..well ER in my case..they immediately think you have pelvic inflammatory disease..chlamydia..gonnareha (sp?)..so i have been tested for all of those multiple times in the past year..and every time it's negative. So my advice is to ask them..after your initial testing of course..to try other avenues..try and figure what else could be caus ing it. Most of the time they focus on one thing and you never end up with a straight answer. But oh well...sorry for the book here..I just know what it's like to need to be informed by someone other than a medical terms speaking doctor!!

Thanks for wondering how I was
Hope things get better for you..

Last edited by \m/Slayer\m/; 04-14-2006 at 05:29 PM.

Closed Thread