It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2006, 08:22 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Najbia Shariq HB User
Massage - Natural Induction?

Hello ladies

I have been meaning to post this for a while now but I just never had the chance to. On March 21st I had my regular 20 week check up. Well after that I went to a spa for a nice prenatal massage. Let me tell you I was in HEAVEN!! After I was done the woman who gave me the massage gave me a warning. She said "honey be really carefull, if your husband massages your feet." I had this confused look on my face and she went on to tell me that if you don't know what you are doing and you massage the foot the wrong way, she pointed out mainly at the back of the foot you know behind your ankle, you can go into labor.

I thought that was kind of funny. Well I told my cousin what she said and my cousin flipped out. She told me that she was around 20 weeks when she ended up going into labor and she never knew why. But what what the woman told me made sense because her husband would massage her feet for her every night!!! So any of you ladies needing to go NOW, have your hubbies give you that massage. It couldn't hurt could it?

Good Luck all!!

Old 04-05-2006, 09:21 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sarawithnoH HB User
Re: Massage - Natural Induction?

It probably isn't a good idea to use massage on the feet to induce labor. There is an area near the ankles that corresponds to the uterus in reflexology. Massage in this area can stimulate contractions but it can also OVER-stimulate resulting in stronger and possibly close contractions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread