It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2006, 09:18 AM   #1
(female)

Yulia HB User
Very uncomfortable first trimester

I am 8,5 weeks pregnant (counting from lmp). My stomach is very unsettled - for two days I had food-poisoning-like cramping (medium intensity), mainly in the upper abdomen area. I am bloated and gassy all the time and I attrribute my cramping to these symptoms. I also had a bad dirrehea which was replaced by constipation. Will my GI problems affect the baby?

Old 04-05-2006, 10:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User
Re: Very uncomfortable first trimester

Yulia, the first trimester is the hardest to get thru! Hang in there- The GI problems are normal! Believe it or not. You will probably have GAS all through the entire pregnancy. I had constipiation, diareha, and gas. I'm 17 weeks, and still have a lot of gas, and although I'm not constipated anymore, I still have to "work" at going #2! TMI (sorry).....

Ahhh the joys of being pregnant!

By the way, the cramping is normal....I had it the first trimester, and as long as you aren't bleeding...all is fine! Just that little baby...GROWING!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
(female)

Faythey HB User

I've had a lot of gas too. Its kind of hard to hide and my family makes sure to let me know it.

I've had the #2 problem too. And as much fiber as i've been trying to consume, I cant stay regular.

The GI problems shouldnt effect the baby, but making sure to eat healthy and get plently of fluids should help you out.

Old 04-05-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

I am 6 weeks pregnant and also have an unsettled stomach. I feel very bloated and uncomfortable in my lower stomach area. I had lunch today and a few hours later I was running to the toilet. Something didn't settle well I guess.

Everyone tells me it is the hormones and it will get better. I sure hope so!

Old 04-05-2006, 04:09 PM   #5
(female)

deadsy HB User

LOL!! You girls make me laugh. I have to say I can relate... my diarrhea has been replaced by constipation... it's not very pleasant either way!!! And I've also been struggling with gas too... both ends. It's quite embarrassing, but luckily my dh has a good sense of humor about it to make me feel better! hahaha It will all be worth it in the end!!! Hang in there girls!! LOL

Linsey

Closed Thread