It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

shamrockcb HB User
Question When did you talk to your HR dept?

So I told my boss the news awhile back b/c I was having difficulties and was seeing the dr frequently. Now that I'm 14 weeks and have heard the heartbeat, I'm wondering if its the right time to speak with our HR rep about benefits and such. When did you confer with your HR dept? If so, what was their reaction? Did they ask if you planned on coming back?

Thanks!!!

Old 04-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #2
(female)

LABOR HB User
Re: When did you talk to your HR dept?

i talked to my hr dept since i was 8 or 10 weeks something like that.. that was because they have a maternity program were they give you all this dicounts and advise.. they didnt asked me if i was coming back although i do work with a very big company. my boss did asked me though.. and his boss too since he is the one that decides what percentage i get paid when i go on maternity leave.. but they all were fine with everything.. right now i am 20 weeks and 2 days.. and i am helping my boss to look for someone to replace me when i am gone.. we want to make sure they are fully trained...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User
Re: When did you talk to your HR dept?

Things are SO different in Canada as we have government coverage for 55% of our pay for a year so that we can be off with our babes. With my ds I had planned on waiting till I was almost 3 months to tell my new boss (I work in a school and had just changed to a new school but it was summer when I got pg). I had to tell him early though..less then 7 weeks as my doctor didn't want me lifting and I was assigned to work with a student in a wheelchair. He told all of my co-workers...the ones I didn't even know yet. I was p'od but what could I do. I didn't tell our HR department until I was 24 weeks or so, by law we have to give 4 weeks notice before we go on maternity leave.
This time I told my co-workers and boss at about 10 weeks and told HR when I was about 30 weeks.

Closed Thread