It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

peejsmama HB User
December Mommies

Well, I may be the first, but I guess it's time to start this thread.
I am due December 7th. This is my 3rd baby, although my 2 are 6 1/2 and 9. So it is all new again this time around. Most December Moms don't know it yet, but when you find out come and say hi!!! I took a test about 5 days before my MP and it was positive, so it will make this pregnancy even longer than usual since finding out so soooooon!
First Dr. appt on the 28th, wish me luck. I feel alot older this time around than the first 2. I suffered a miscarriage about a year and a half ago, so I praying this one will be a lot better.
Good Luck to all of you, hope to see some December Mommies on here soon
Colleen

Old 04-06-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Re: December Mommies

I know it Just found out this past Sunday-4/2! it's going to be my first so my initial reaction wasn't what my hubby anticipated...tears of fear! still terrified as to not having done this before, i have NO idea what to expect......what changes when, how will it be with our relationship of 13 years (6 married) with a new person in the mix, etc! Each day i am getting happier and more excited. I have my first appt next tuesday, 4/11. my fears are that before i knew i was pregnant, i was taking 1 (very low dose) of xanax a day, eating tuna salad every day since i was on a high protein diet and not taking vitamins. I just hope and pray i didn't do anything to my baby! I hope i can carry it to term too..have been reading so many people experiencing miscarriages. I seem to be about 5 weeks pregnant according to the pregnancy calculators. We're going to tell my parents next weekend when home for Easter. We got them bibs-I love Grandma and I love Grandpa....they'll be first time gparents! We'll tell my husb's mom the weekend after as she's away for the holiday. she too, will be a first timer.

I'm also concerned as to all the do's and don'ts of pregnancy....

lunch meat?
acne medications (OTC only)?
regular sodas (one a day????)
not scooping cat litter?

all of which i've heard not to do or in moderation....you know about any of this? I'll ask my doc next week but am building up with more and more questions as the days go by

well, congrats to you.....i'm hoping you'll be able to guide me thru some of the unknown as you've been there..done that. I hope to make some new friends here as we share these next 9 months together

EDD: 12/5/06

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

one more question,......

I was curious as to when i would see morning sickness? i haven't yet...am i lucky?

Old 04-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I'm due 12/1.

I immediately went to the store and bought a week-by-week type pregnancy book so I could have on hand quick answers to all those types of questions you have, manchak. Plus, it's handy for my DH to read -- since I know that he's not going to come this bulletin board (ha!).

Also, I immediately called my health insurance plan and they had a program to help pregnant women with questions. They enrolled me in the program and sent out a ton of pamphlets and books that are also very handy to have. The nurse is available during regular business hours to answer questions I have and will also call once a month to check on me. She also notifies my doctor that I'm in the program. (Plus, DH's employer kicks in $50 towards a car seat if I signed up...). It seems like a great resource to have -- just a phone call away and I don't have to feel like I'm "bothering" the doctor with little questions.

Best of luck to us all!

Old 04-06-2006, 09:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

My nausea kicked in the day before I got the positive blood test results (but was still getting negative HPTs) and hasn't let up much since.

Be thankful that you don't have any yet. I think that ~30% of women don't get it at all.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:20 AM   #6
(female)

staceelee_02 HB User

yay for all of us december mommies!!!! hi to all of u. i too am due in december with my first baby!! the doctors are telling me december 2 but they said it can change to either a week before or a week after. i have my first real doctors appt on the 28th and i get to hear the baby's heartbeat. me and hubby are so excited!!! i have a question is any of u military or husbands military cuz i was wondering how the military doctors do things and if its different then civillian doctors. ooo another quick question ha sorry...are any of u exsperiencing constipation? i was told it could be due to my prenantal vitamins should i talk to my doc about it when i go? thanks for all ur suggestions..i hope to talk to u all again!!!

stacee

Old 04-06-2006, 11:02 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

Hi again...imagine...we could all be having babies on Turkey Day! Wow...that would be memorable!

Yes, constipation can be caused by the high dosed prenatals......so can nausea. i've heard that you can take one in the am and one in the pm and be sure to take with food or milk to eliminate the upset stomach.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:52 AM   #8
(female)

kim_rosa HB User

Well I guess I'm gonna be a december mommy too, this pregnancy has bin a bit of a surprise for us but I'm thrilled (i think lol)This will be my 5th however i also have a grandaughter who is almost four and my daughter-in-law is expecting in July again.This is going to be just like a first prgnancy I think My other kids are 22 20 and 18 yearold twins! It came as a VERY BIG SURPRISE!!! I'm still a little in the shocked stage but already find myself smiling everytime i think of a Little one around again...My hubby is just plain shocked..lol
Looking forward to keeping up with the dec. mommy thread

Old 04-08-2006, 09:49 PM   #9
(female)

CRR0908 HB User

Hi ladies! It looks as if we are having a Christmas baby (EDD 12/22/06).
Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months for us all.

Old 04-09-2006, 05:22 AM   #10
(female)

Lozzy_04 HB User
Talking Re: December Mommies

Hi everyone

Im due on December 12 and Im so excited. And scared lol. This is my second baby, I also have an (almost) 4 year old son, his bday is 27th of this month. Im a little scared because everything is just starting to be easy with ds, and now it will be back to no sleep and nappies lol.

Also Im slightly concerned about having to balance pregnancy with work and study. Id love to hear if any of you are also going through this or have any advice on balancing. Im about to start working full time for the airforce and also im still studying at uni. Im so scared Im going to be incapacitated with ms and not be able to make it into work or something horribly unprofessional like that lol.

Ive already told my mother and father and grandmother and uncle and theyre all very excited as is my best friend. My grandmothers so funny- she doesnt believe in HPT so she wont believe it till its confirmed by dr. She rang up this morning and asked if everything is still the same lol. My two sisters both have one child each, but the both live interstate so my parents dont get to see their other grandchildren very often. My df is feeling a little stressed at the idea as he's prolly going to have to move away for work in the next 6 months. Hes much more sensible than me, always thinking of the logistics, Im just excited about a new baby lol. How are all of your partners taking the news? Weve been together for 6 years but are just planning to get married this June (hopefully before Im showing too much).

Im really pleased that we can all go through this together. Its nice to have people to share with.

xxx

Me (Lauren) 21
DF (Clinton) 25
DS (Wesley) 4
EDD 12/12/06

Old 04-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

well, my dh and i just told my mother in law today...went well...tears of happiness.

getting excited thinking about our first child...just hoping all goes well! i see my doc for the first appt on tuesday. will let you know how it goes.

any of you still crampy at about 6 weeks? i get it off and on in either my stomach or my back...not sharp..just like menstrual cramps.

no ms yet...hoping that stays away! if i don'thave it yet, do you think i can still get sick?

well.....off to bed for what's hopefully a good sound night sleep...really could use one!

how many of you are having their first?

edd: (unofficially until tuesday's first appt) 12/5
32 years old
first baby!

Old 04-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #12
(female)

LilMomma83 HB User

hi ladies.. i'm due around Dec 19th.. with #1... just thought i would say hi to you all!!

Old 04-09-2006, 06:57 PM   #13
(female)

kim_rosa HB User
Talking Re: December Mommies

Lauren
Hi there
Balancing work/school and family can be very stressful, I feel for you I teach grade7/8 but also have been working on my masters for 2 yrs now so I know how hard, i have no words of wisdom but can relate to the pressure. Just keep plugging along my dear it will all be wonderful....happy pregnancy
kim

Old 04-10-2006, 09:48 PM   #14
(female)

Lozzy_04 HB User

This time I think the cramping has pretty much stopped and Im about 5 weeks. But with my last pregnancy I cramped till about 3 months. Mine was really quite sharp and I went into the emergency room at about 6 weeks and the doctor told me it was normal because even after implantation, other cramping is just everything stretching to accomodate the growing baby.

Also I didnt start ms till about 8 weeks.

Kim: thanks, im glad to know other poeple are out there too balancing the same type of stuff. I know Im just being silly and if I put my mind to it, it will be fine. Luckily it will only be a temp position so I should finish up by September. I can usually study ok except when pregnancy brain kicks in.

What sysmptoms are you all starting to feel? Ive been very emotional the last couple of days but today it doesnt feel as bad so Im back to feeling excited, rather than nervous. Havent had much ms yet, but I have been craving onions lol.

xxx

Old 04-11-2006, 10:08 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

Well, I’d be surprised that I still have any blood left…..I hate getting blood taken and they must have taken about 5 viles! And…I typically pass out if I don’t lie down, but they didn’t have a bed available (this was just the lab at Pennsylvania Hospital)-however, I did well The lab tech was great….almost painless!

Took two urine tests!

Went into the doctors suite before all of the above though…..got a sense as to what I’ll look like in December! Wow….lots of mammas ready to pop! Went back for initial interview with a nurse, then met the doctor in his office-LOVE HIM! So nice and reassuring…..then had the EXAM…pap, breast, etc…..then the ultrasound! I asked them if thye’d really be able to see anything since I was only 6 weeks (which the dr said he would have rather have waited to see me at 8 weeks just to make sure that all is still well in 2 weeks-he brought up the 20% miscarriage rate up until 8 weeks…..now very worried and nervous….told him I’ve been on such a rollercoaster..now that I’m happy, I hope nothing goes wrong! He said…look on the POSITIVE side….80% do NOT miscarry! So..we’ve got 2 weeks to wait!) and there it was….a small little bean. That’s it! But, he gave us pics of the ultrasound. Within the next two weeks, it really will grow and it will be about the size of a silver dollar on the ultrasound then. I’m going back in two weeks-4/25 to have the next scan and by then, he’ll have my blood work and urine lab work results in. They ran, since they heard I had cats….they usually come up in some type of conversation-a test to screen for toxoplasmosis (something like that) that you can get from scooping litter. Most women have had this already and it is just brushed off as a flu or virus. Not harmful unless your pregnant.

So…the next two weeks will be a waiting game…I knew that I’m still early and that I could miscarry but hearing it from a DR made it more scary. I just want it all to be fine…there haven’t been any miscarriages in my family..I’m hoping all is fine! Still going ahead and telling my parents this weekend! Saturday when my mom opens her bday gifts (which really is today) she’ll open one extra…same with my dad…..trick will be to get them to open them together…..they’ll open up the bibs Now, we’ll have the ultrasound pics to show as well! Even though it’s just the size of a lima bean! Oh..as we walked out after meeting again with the Dr after the ultrasound to go over my LIST of questions, he gave us a First Pregancy book...very nice, current and thorough

Well, that about covers today…..hope the afternoon flies by as do the next two weeks!

Oh...and yesterday and today i noticed a wierd pulling sensation around the left side of my belly button....dr didn't think anything of it and said it's normal...and when looking at the ultrasound..that's right where the sac is!

Closed Thread