It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Trooper HB User
New October Moms thread

Hi all,

I am still around. I'm sorry I haven't posted, I've just been extremely busy with work and packing/moving.

Had an appt yesterday and finally heard the baby's heartbeat on the doppler. That was awesome.

On a sour note, my cervis is small, or the doctor seems to be. So I have to have an u/s to determine my cervical length. If it's too short (less than 2.5cm) then I have to have it stitched shut. And more than likely be on bed rest at the end of the pregnancy.

I'm a little upset, but trying hard not to be because I won't know the results until the 18th.

The baby is doing fine though!

Lipo - I am SO sorry for your loss. I can't even put into words how sorry I am. I wish I had a magic wand to make your pain go away. Please rest and take care of yourself. And if you need anything, for us just to listen, we are here for you. I'm so sorry.

Befer - you and I would be like best friends in real life, I swear. Your comment "where are you woman" is something that I would definitely say! It cracked me up. I'm glad that you made it back from your trip safe and sound and had a good time!

Rachel, how are you doing these days?

Okay, I'm off to research this short cervix thing. I had 2 surgeries for cervial cancer, so I kind of figured my cervix was affected because there were massive lesions on it and they cut tissue twice.

Is everyone showing now? It's definitely noticable that I'm pg now.

Hugs to all,

Trooper

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Trooper HB User
Re: New October Moms thread

Well, that was a BIG mistake to do research. Now I'm freaked out more than ever!!! Sometimes I hate the internet.

My doctor is making me wait until the 18th for the u/s to determine the exact length of my cervix.

I can't wait that long, I'll go nuts!

I just want to cry right now.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:03 PM   #3
(female)

befer70 HB User

girl, you had me worried sick! don't you do that to me again, hear me?? but seriously now, i'm soooooo happy to hear from you! i was wondering what was going on and then remembered something about you saying that you're moving and that's when i relaxed a bit. I'm glad to hear that you and your bean are doing well, despite the cervix problem. i hear you when you say that now that you researched it on the internet you're even more freaked out. the same happend to me when they told me i had Cystic Fibrosis. we're still waiting for hubby's results and it's hard but on the other hand, what else can i do but wait and hope for the best? don't research any more, ok? not if it's going to upset you!

on a lighter note, i just got back from my appointment today and we heard the baby's heart beat! at first i was disappointed that i wouldn't get another u/s but when she pulled out the doppler i got excited!! first, she didn't find it and then my hear beat sped up too, which of course you can hear, haha. but then there it was on my lower left side (i always knew he was hanging out there!!) happily beating away. my OB smiled and said everything seems to be fine.

now we just have to make a decision on that down syndrome blood test, or whether we should skip it and just go for the amnio? dh and i said we'll wait for the CF test to come back and if it's positive we'll have to do an amnio anyway. so then we'd skip the blood test. i dunno yet.

but for now i'm happy that things are fine with us and that you resurfaced! now we just have to get all the other Oct. mommies back on here! i can't even remember everybody's screen name it's been that long!!!!

oh and btw: thanks for the "best friends" comment! i agree, i think we'd have tons of fun!!!

take care y'all and write already!!!
B.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:33 PM   #4
(female)

mammajess HB User

Hello. Try hard not to worry about it too much. Everything will work out in the end. Life has a silly way of doing that. When is you EDD? I'm gunna be an october mommy also. My EDD is Oct 19th with our 1st baby. I'm not much help but my advice is just to relax and breathe. It will work out. luv Jess

Old 04-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #5
(female)

befer70 HB User

Hi mammajess, and welcome to the board! first time mom here with an edd of oct.14th. had a m/c last nov. so naturally i'm a little more nervous than usual. but i'm getting better since i'm entering my 2nd trimester and getting to see/hear the baby. can hardly believe it!!
trooper~ i am definitely showing, yes, and just now as i was studying my bellybutton, i realized that it's getting more broad, like it wants to pop soon... areolas are getting darker too now. feeling really great at the moment, except for a little too much gas still, haha.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:47 AM   #6

alia1074 HB User

Hi everyone. We told our 3 year old daughter last night that she's going to be a big sis. She was so excited and kept asking all kinds of questions all night. She even had a hard time falling asleep! It was too cute.

Welcome back, Trooper! It's good to see you again. Careful with what you read online. Sometimes it can make you stress out unnecessarily.

Befer - I'm glad you were able to hear the heartbeat. I know what you mean about making a decision about the triple screen test. We had the test done when I was pregnant with my daughter and tested positive. Everything turned out fine but we were put thru such turmoil. I don't know if I want to go through that again. It will be a big decision for us.

Mammajess - Welcome to the board! It's good to have you here.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:57 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

I am back too! The other site got so full. I am having a lot of stress at work because theres a female here who loves to harrass people and eventually she gets them fired or they quit and for a while I felt like a target. I worried too much stress would cause a misscarriage so at my last appointment at a little over 10 weeks I heard the heartbeat and cried tears of joy. I felt stretching for a fews days when I 1st got pregnant but now I feel it again now at almost 11 weeks. I have had so many ups and downs already I can only imagine what my baby goes through and I am sorry for those of you who have had a loss! I myself already had one so I hope this time will end happy. I feel better knowing we are all here for one another like a family!

Old 04-11-2006, 07:24 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Trooper HB User

Hey gals!

I'm still hanging in there. Not so freaked out anymore, but next Tuesday seems like FOREVER!

Befer - we decided that we are not going to get any genetic testing done. I skipped the nuchal translucency test because my insurance didn't cover it. And for the amount of false positives, paying $1500 wasn't worth it to me. Plus we are against amnio's so it didn't really matter what the results were anyway. I'm going to get the quad screening done at my next appt. - IF my insurance covers it. But really, we aren't going to do anything with the results, so the test is kind of pointless. Did you hear the results from the CF test on your husband yet?

LOL - my stomach is HUGE. For 4 months I really shouldn't be this big! My doctor told me that my belly ring needs to come out soon. And Befer, I know what you mean - mine looks like it opened up SO much. It this big hole now.

Alleycat and Alia and Mamajess - how are you all doing?

Okay, I need to get back to work. I'll keep you all posted on the cervix u/s results.

I was reading the Sept mommies thread just because I like to see what we are in for and they are all feeling the baby move now! So we aren't too far behind! I can't wait!

Old 04-13-2006, 08:53 AM   #9
(female)

befer70 HB User

well i have good news: dh tested negativ for CF! i am soooo relieved! so now it's on to the next thing, the AFP testing, which is basically just a blood test to see if there is anything we need to worry about genetically. i'm prepared to have it come out positive, but i read in the pamphlet that the doc. office gave us that since CA wants all women to do this test, most insurances will cover it (it's only around $150 or so), and if it comes back positive, the following tests are free of charge (?) that actually sounds too good to be true! but anyhow, we'll go do it, cause i'm scared to death of an amnio.
Trooper~ i understand that if the results don't make any difference to you, that you don't want to do them. it's just that i'm such a control freak (me and dh, ha) that i would like to know, just to be mentally prepared.
about the bellyring~ my ob hasn't mentioned anything about mine, what will you do when you take it out? do you think it will close? my sis has one and she took it out and hers didn't close, so i'm wondering. oh well, if it closes, so be it!

alley~ i'm sorry you're going through so much stress! try to relax a little, i don't want you to worry that much! just think, we've made it this far, chances that something will go wrong are very slim by now. it's nice to hear the heart beat of the little bean and sooooo reassuring, too! i was thinking that maybe i could rent a doppler, but then i'd probably have it on my belly 24/7 haha!!

alia~ glad your daughter took the news so well! i can imagine it's hard trying to find the right words (so that she'll understand) to explain the situation to her! i'm sure she'll be a very proud big sister!! has she requested a sister or a brother ?

alright mommas, keep posting!

B.

Old 04-13-2006, 09:56 AM   #10
(female)

kais mommy HB User

hello my names jen im 29 i have 3 boys 3 5 8 and i lost my little boy kai sept 2005 to sids he was 3 and a half old. i am currently pg again 14 weeks and i am due 12 th october.

Old 04-13-2006, 10:40 AM   #11
(female)

befer70 HB User

Hi Jen~ welcome to our board and congratulations on your pregnancy! But how sorry i am for the loss of your little boy! we're all very caring on these boards and share a lot of information. So if you ever feel like you need to talk, please don't hesitate! We're here for each other!

B.

EDD: 10/14/06
First child

Last edited by befer70; 04-13-2006 at 10:41 AM.

Old 04-14-2006, 11:25 AM   #12
(female)

lilh HB User

I know that since I'm no longer pg I shouldn't be posting here, but I just can't stay away. I wanted to let Befer and Trooper know that there are pregnancy belly rings out there. Just do a google search for pregnancy navel rings. I found quite a few sites that have them. I don't have a navel ring, but my sister-in-law does and she's due Oct 31, so I did a search to see what was available. Just thought I'd pass along the info.

Old 04-14-2006, 05:35 PM   #13
(female)

befer70 HB User

hey, thanks lilh for the info! how are you doing sweetie? hope everything is all right and you're going to want to try soon again? let us know how you're doing, yes?

((((hugs))))
B.

Old 04-14-2006, 09:21 PM   #14
(female)

mrsb816 HB User

Hi Ladies- Sorry I haven't posted in a long time. I'm starting a home daycare so that I can stay home with my son and the new baby and things have been crazy preparing for it. I'm glad to hear things are going well for most. D/h and I got to hear the heart beat at the beginning of the month. It was very exciting and the dr. said that "they say" the heart rate was a girl hear rate. Not that that is reliable but it would be nice. I can't wait for the u/s. Seeing his/her face is so amazing and I can't wait for movement. I'm finally gaining some weight back. I have been very stressed b/c I weighed less at the last appointment than at the first b/c of m/s. I can't keep any dairy down and feel really guitly. I'm taking viactiv though. Its getting better though. Its just stressful, especially since I'm considerable underweight to begin with. How's everyone else doing with all the unpleasant symptoms? I'm so excited to feel good again and enjoy the best part of the pregnancy. I'll try to keep up better. I feel like I don't even know how to respond to anyone b/c I've been out of the loop so long.

Old 04-15-2006, 05:23 AM   #15
(female)

mandrea HB User

Hi ladies! I posted early in my pregnancy but I haven't posted in a while. I've been reading keeping up with everyone, though. I'm due October 6th, so I'm starting my 16th week today actually. I'm so happy to be done with m/s (all day nausea for me, and worse in the evening) and the complete lack of energy that seemed to consume me during my first trimester! I would come here to read to try and find some encouragement because I sometimes didn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I must say I feel pretty good now. I hope all of you are feeling better now as well. I'm hoping the my next dr visit will reveal whether we are having agirl or boy. If not, I'm being scheduled for a level II ultrasound since I'm 36 and I'm pretty sure they will be able to tell me if I don't know already!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't check for spotting as often when I go to the bathroom - it's so nice to not have that in the back of my mind. I guess after a miscarriage you always worry.

Is anyone else working out? I tried during my first trimester a few times, but just didn't feel like it, but this week I started back and it really makes me feel so much better. With my other pregnancies (ds and dd) I usually started working out somewhere between 15-20 wks and continued throughout the rest of my pregnancy because it would give me energy to get through the day. I really recommend it just for the energy and sense of well being, if you feel up to it. Of course, a couple weeks ago I didn't feel like it at all, so I'm definitely not pushing it on anyone!

Sorry to ramble - hope everyone is having a great weekend, and Happy Easter to those who celebrate it.

Last edited by mandrea; 04-15-2006 at 05:29 AM.

Closed Thread