It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 10:41 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User
APRIL MOMS-part3

I'm just starting a new thread. I didn't see that anyone else had.
-Stacey

Old 04-06-2006, 11:33 AM   #2
Veteran

sickofit HB User
Re: APRIL MOMS-part3

Well I'm confused and a little bummed! I left work today because I was having some pretty bad contractions. I called my midwife and she said to go home and time them for about an hour and a half. So I did that and they were getting closer and more painful - about 5-6 minutes apart. I threw in a load of laundry thinking that I should definitely pack my bag and call my husband to come and get me. Then I fell asleep for almost two hours... and now nothing. I've been up for about 45 minutes and NOTHING. I will be so ****** if I am going to be having contractions like that for the next 3.5 weeks!!!!

Anyway, hope everyone else is doing good today.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 11:44 AM   #3
(female)

edogoneill HB User

I am 37 weeks today and had a doctor's appt. this morning. Since I have been scheduled for a c-section on 4/18 my doctor did not do an internal exam. Just the regular bp, urine, and baby's heat beat - all of which was good. Well my BP was "reasonable" considering what it has been. I still need to go twice a week (every Mon and Thurs.) and still have to have a NST on Monday. Oh well. At least tomorrow is my last day of work and Sun is my last baby shower. I am getting so excited about the baby getting closer and clsoer, however, I am also nervous about going into labor before the 18th.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

Edog- even if you go into labor before the scheduled c-section, they can still do one. They won't make you try it vaginally Just know that the doctors will take care of you with whatever happens naturally.

sickofit-be happy you have something going on. I will be 39weeks tomorrow and all I have is bh (for months now). I have never had a contraction, and I feel like I am going to be pregnant forever! My stretch marks on my hips are getting worse everyday, and I can't control them from spreading
I'm sorry though...I don't mean to put your frustration on the back burner. I know that was probably really frustrating for you. The good thing is...you didn't rush to the hospital for them to send you home. You are a little early to be delivering anyways.

-Stacey

Old 04-06-2006, 03:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Hey everyone!

It was the real deal. I woke up Monday morning quite angry because over the weekend I have felt "dirty" or "wet" and it didn't hit me until I woke up Monday getting frusterated with the constant changing and bathing. I decided to call in to see if it was water and whether or not it was a big deal. I went in at 1AM and the midwife told me to go to the labor and delivry to get checked in as it was indeed my water and I was in the earlier stages of labor.
I asked if I could go home and gather my things first so my husband and I stopped by Target for some last minute items and then came home to gather my things.
I arrived at the hospital at 3:30PM on Monday and it began. I was in labor for 12-13 hours at the hospital and she came at 2:54 on Tueday morning. I had an all natural birth and made it without medicine which I was hoping to do.....but I will tell you it is extremely painful. I switched from the birthing ball to the bed and the birthing tub. I felt most comfortable sitting straight up and I did give birth in the bed. I pushed an hour and a half and she was 7 pounds 10 ounces. (A little larger than anyone anticipated!) I didn't tear or need an episiotomy either, thankfully. I pushed so hard that I busted many blood vessels in my face and especially my eyes. The whites are completely bloody yet and my face was 4 times it's original size and no one could reconize me. My visitors the next day couldn't help but react, by saying "Oh my, what the hell happened to you!" "Oh, everyone will think your husband beats you!" It doesn't bother me, I have to laugh too because I do look so bad in the face! My eye lids bulged out and they are brusied too! lol
The recovery has been good. I came home today at noon. My midwife makes some sort and tea and herbal treatment for the soreness down below and I am not so sore anymore. I took some Motrin for the swelling the first day, but now I am not taking it. I am feeling great and fairly normal. I lost 16 pounds after her coming out so far. Only 20 more to go!

I wish the rest of you well and I am also excited to hear your stories. I am also open to any questions for those of you who haven't gone in yet, like about bleeding, milk coming in, etc, etc. I will be on more later!

Old 04-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Hi everyone!!!!!!!

I just wanted to post to yall first and let you know I had lil man. I'm about to post his birth story so I hope that you will all read it I cant wait to read everyone elses!!!!

Old 04-06-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

I am frustrated, went to doc and I am still a finger tip only and the baby is not engaged yet!!! Why!!!!!!!!!! I am crampy and have lots of real contractions. does this mean over due!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
carly

Old 04-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

Orange and Army-
CONGRATULATIONS

I am so happy for the both of you.

Orange-I can only hope that my labor goes exactly like yours. I'm not kidding either. Your labor process, size of baby, everything is my exact hope and ideal situation. I want a drug free and episiotomy free deliverly too (along with that little baby of yours). You must feel soooo proud of yourself!!!!

Army-I will be reading your birth story next!

Wow! I can almost cry! I'm not due for another 8 days....and I don't think my little one is going to come early either. I will live vicariously through you two.

-stacey

Old 04-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #9
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Congrats orange and army,
I really didnt think I would go before you too. Im glad everyone is doing ok and everything turned out great. Im really suprised at how well I feel and that I havent been sore at all down there since the day I gave birth. Even though he was so big and had such a big head I didnt tear or need a episiotimy. The only thing I have been having issues with is constipation still which I had during pregnancy, except for last week(before he came) when I had diarreah. I swear if its not feast its famine. LOL I have been able finally have a BM which hopefully will help clear me out. Sorry but I thought I would share if anyone else has issues.
Breastfeeding is going awesome and I actually have to wake him up at night to eat because he likes to sleep so much. When we went in on tues we found out he was alittle jaundice so we went back today for a check and it didnt get worse but didnt really get better either so I have to increase meals to every two hours even and night and get him infront of the windows even more. But they said it was good it didnt get worse so they were happy. My bleeding is almost all gone now and I just wear a pad because I know its going to show its head again soon, maybe not who knows.
I also weighed myself today at the clinic because they never did at the hospital and I lost 28 pounds since my last appoint with my doc on the 29th. So im down from where I started by 14 pounds. Im assuming I will still lose some with breastfeeding.

I hope everyone is doing great and good luck if any of you go soon.
meg

Old 04-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Az,
I hope you get the delivery experience you hope for too. If you go natural or drug free, hang in there because it is tough. The contractions do become unbearable but it helped me when really focus on resting in between them and also during the resting periods to try to tell myself that I was dialted and getting closer and that I already made it this far and that at some point it will be over. Not knowing exactly when it was going to end was the most difficult part, but it is possible.

By the way her name is Alexa Elise.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:03 PM   #11
(female)

expectant HB User

Congrats Lovin and Orange!!!
I am sooo happy for you both!!!!!! Orange i cant believ you went through labour drug free - good on you for having the courage!!!! Lovin - I bet you must be so relieved that your baby is out now AND your hubby is with you both

I am having my c section at 7am on monday morning so maybe i will be the next of us april mums to go???I am SOOO NERVOUS!!!

Wish me luck and i will keep you all posted

Laura

Old 04-06-2006, 09:53 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

Good luck expectant! We'll be thinking about you!

Orange-What would you compare drug free labor to. Is there anything (pre-pregnancy) that could give me an idea of the painful contractions feel like?

-Stacey

Old 04-07-2006, 05:10 AM   #13
(female)

Tear_Drop HB User

Hello

I have posted a couple of times on april mums but am just so fed up with having no baby yet - so I thought I'd come and vent a little bit!!! Congrats to everyone that has their little bundle of joy so far!

I'm so bummed out I'm due tomorrow but I don't have any 'twinges' or anything! The last time I went to see the midwife she said everything is ready to go, but my morning sickness has started again and I hve the flu and I'm giving up slowly!!!
Anybody else feel rubbish - please tell me it's not just me!

Old 04-07-2006, 06:45 AM   #14
(female)

edogoneill HB User

Congrats Orange and Army. I am so happy that you both had happy, healthy, and safe deliveries and that you and your little ones are both fine. Keep us posted on how all is going w/ you and your babies.

As you all know my c-section has been scheduled for 4/18 at 1p. Last night I was reading what to expect when having a c-section in my what to expect when expecting book and the only thing that has my nerves up is having to have a catheter. The idea of that really bothered me last night for some reason. For any of you ladies that had a c-section can you please let me know what it is like to have to have a catheter. Thanks I would really appreciate it.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:19 PM   #15
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Congrats Orange! I love her name. I was really good friends with an Elise when I was younger, it's a very pretty middle name. I'm really glad that you had the delivery that you were hoping for. Were they off by more that a pound on how big she was? I'm hoping myself for another 7 pounder, but this one feels much bigger. Keep us posted and good luck being a mom!

tear, try not to get too discouraged ( I know easier said than done). I've heard a lot of women say that they had flu-like symptoms just before going into labor - so maybe it's almost your time.

Everyone else hang in there!!

Closed Thread