It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Morning Sickness connected to Miscarriages?

JUST read on the **********'s site that there have been some studies that link a higher miscarriage rate to women who don't have morning sickness due to the lower pregnancy hormone.

NOw...i'm nervous.....where's my MS? I haven't had it yet...only 5 weeks and yes i know it could kick in but would love to hear from those that had healthy babies without having morning sickness!

thanks...jsut ONE more thing to worry about......this pregnancy thing's so stressful!

Old 04-06-2006, 11:33 AM   #2
(female)

Faythey HB User
Re: Morning Sickness connected to Miscarriages?

I wouldnt read into that study too much.

First of all, most miscarriages occur at the beginning stages of the first trimester, before MS would normally begin.

Secondly, I've met so many people that havent had MS and their children turn out just fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #3
(female)

marie81 HB User

I personally have had horrible m/s. It didn't kick in til 6 or 7wks though. My SIL has had 5 kids. She was sick with the first one, but not with any of the others. My mom was another lucky one. She didn't have m/s with any of her 4 kids.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I know plenty of women who didn't have any morning sickness. With my DD I had ALOT and ended up taking Dicletin (morning sickness pill) but with DS I had very little MS. But for both I didn't start getting queasy until around 7-8 weeks after conception so it can still come...the HCG hormones increase as each day passes and the higher it gets the more queasy you can get. It peaks at around 10-12 weeks then the levels gradually come down a bit and level out which is why the morning sickness generally is the first trimester...but everyone is different...some people may not get sick at all, some may be sick their entire pregnancies. If you do start getting queasy, be sure to eat smaller meals but alot more of them...if you eat overeat you can irritate your tummy. But I found I got sick more often when my tummy was empty, so I packed a bag full of small snacks(fruit cups, fruit, crackers, granola bars, cup o'soup etc) that I could snack on throughout the day to ALWAYS keep something in my tummy and it helped alot. Someone also said that sucking on sour candies is supposed to help.
Goodluck!

Old 04-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

I had a m/c last spring, it was my second pregnancy and now I am on my third (33weeks). The worst m/s that I had was with the baby I lost...I felt absolutely awful and I only carried to 5.5 weeks. With ds I had no real m/s at all and with this one I had even less than with ds at the start and then a lot in my early second trimester.
Relax, I am sure all is well.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

Thank you all so much for putting my mind at ease!

I'm much more calm now.

I sometimes think I read too much on the net!

Is it more common to have MS with girls or boys? Anyone know?

Hope all is well with you all. Take care and congrats on your babies

Old 04-06-2006, 01:41 PM   #7
(female)

mammajess HB User

I also read that at around 5 weeks and spoke with the doctor about it (Since I too was not feeling sick). She told me that something like 40% of women don't experience Morning sickness and not to worry about it. I'm now 12 weeks so I have hit the mark where miscarrage decreases drasticly( sorry for the spelling, it's not my day for spelling hehe) but I still have not been sick at all. at 9 weeks we got to hear the babies heartbeat, and it was strong and healthy. So I'm sure your lack of MS is just fine. I'n fact consider your one on the "lucky ones". hehe I hope I've helped alittle.

Old 04-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

thanks mj....glad all is going so smoothly for you! that's so wonderful and you must be so excited!

Closed Thread