It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User
Flu While Preg!!! Please Help

I think i am about 6 weeks preg and since sun i have had the flu
I dont have the sore throat or blocked nose anymore and i dont have a cough really but i feel weak and dizzy still! i am taking tylenol incase i get too hot!
I am so scared its gonna be bad for me or the baby!!
please anyone have any advice?
am i ever going to feel better from this?

claire x

Old 04-06-2006, 11:56 PM   #2
(female)

Beyondthesky37 HB User
Re: Flu While Preg!!! Please Help

I had the flu while pregnant. My baby and I were both fine I was about 20 weeks. The important thing is to stay really hydrated. If you can't keep anything down call your doctor right away. They may want to give you something to help your fluid intact and monitor you closely so you don't dehydrate. Also if you haven't seen a docor yet I would suggest seeing one so that they can watch you closely and help keep your flu under control. I went to my doctor shortly after I started the flu and they gave me some medicine that helped me alot. Also if you've had a fever for awhile you should at least let your doctor know how high and how long. Also get plenty of rest.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2006, 08:36 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

tallgirl1982 HB User

thanks alot! i am better today, i still feel a bit weak and wombly! but the other symptoms have gone! no fever or anything.
how long is it until the weak feeling goes? i could imagine it staying for a while as the flu is a big thing
thanks
x

Old 04-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
(female)

Beyondthesky37 HB User

With my experience the weak feeling lasted about a week. Most of my other symptoms went away by then. I was really nauseas for awhile but they gave me some pills at the doctors office that made it so I could at least keep fluids down. Hope this helps some.

Closed Thread