It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User
Domannik Xander Junior is finally here!!!!

Well as most of you know I had my final induction April 4th. It was a no matter what I was going to be having the baby. Well I sure enough did have him. Well I went in at 7 to start the induction process. I tell you I sure really wasn't ready for it. LoL. But I knew it was the time. So my husband and I were there up at the hospital. They started the pitocin thinking that of course it was going to do something. Well I knew that it wasn't. I hadn't changed from a week ago of being 3cm dialated. So I had pitocin starting at like 730. Nothing was happening and I knew that nothing was really going to. So about 3:45 rolled around....and they decided that they would break my water. I was sooo happy to hear that I swear I thought it was never going to come. I had gone through a bag of pitocin by than. I tell ya it wasn't to fun. LoL. So after that I got my epidural...I tell ya that was the best thing ever. So they kept the pit going...I really didnt think it was going to work...wow was I wrong. It was about 7ish and the doctor came in and checked my cervix. I was almost 10cm dialated. I had just a little bit of my cervix left on the left side so I was laying on that side. I didn't have a problem with that. Well my nurse checked me about 830ish and sure enough I was fully dialated. I was like holy crap I couldnt' believe it. So the dr came in and there was a resident that actually delivered my son. Well since I didn't do lamaze classes they wanted me to do a couple practice pushes so I was like okay sure not a problem. Well with those practice pushes ds started to crown. I pushed for 28 minutes with 18 contractions. Domannik Xander Junior was born at 9:08pm on April 4th 2006, he was 7lbs 12.2oz 20 1/2 inches long. He is the modest handsome baby ever. He looks just like his daddy. I am pretty much fully recovered. Thank goodness. I'm barely bleeding anymore. I had a small 1st degree tear. I was really shocked. I wish there was a way I could show yall pictures...but he's just so handsome, and so small..LoL. He is doing pretty good..he has to have soy formula because he has a sensative stomach...and has slept through the night pretty much so we shall see what happens tonite being our first night home. I'm so excited and still cant believe he is here. He's such a bundle of joy!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #2
(female)

pearoye68 HB User
Re: Domannik Xander Junior is finally here!!!!

Army,
Congrats! I am so glad to hear everything went so well for you and ds. I was about to give up on you Tuesday Moms. You are the first to report back that I know of. Enjoy your time with your husband and your new baby.
Hope everything continues to go well!

Old 04-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

congratulations! it was good to read your post...i'm new to this board so i'm hoping you can read some of these new posts from us newbies and help us along.......you'll be a big help to us since you're so fresh. it must be an amazing feeling to actually see what you've been carrying for 9 months!

how was the labor...did the epi take away all the pain?
that's my main fear...that's why i cried for a couple of days when i first found out..never been one that looked forward to the 9 months of changes and labor! but....i do want to be a mom and i'm happy i am now. 5 weeks according to preg calculator.

give your new baby boy a kiss from all of us here on the boards! it's going to be a sort of home for me in these next months to come

Old 04-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

congrats army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best wishes as a new momma!
carly

Old 04-06-2006, 05:14 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

I am so happy for you! What an amazing story! I can't wait to follow in your footsteps sometime in the next week or 2.

Good luck with your new man!
-Stacey

Old 04-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Wooo Hoooo, Courtney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go, girl!!!

I have been thinking of your so often, wondering if Dom was here yet, and so glad that your DH was able to be with you for Dom's arrival. Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What could be better than to have Daddy home now?!

Appreciate the miracle that you've created together!! Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings - Barbara

Old 04-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #7
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Congrats,
Im glad to hear after everything hes finally here and that your hubby was there with you.
Meg

Old 04-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #8
(female)

expectant HB User

Yippeeee!!! Congrats Lovin!!!! Great story so glad to hear both you and your little man are healthy and happy

Old 04-07-2006, 07:08 AM   #9
(female)

edogoneill HB User

Army,

I am so happy to hear that your delivery was safe and that you and your ds are healthy. I am especially happy that your dh was able to be there for the birth of your ds that is so awesome. Please keep us posted on how you and your little one are doing.

Old 04-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #10
(female)

AngelaSue HB User

Congratulations to you Army....I've been reading your post's for awhile, I was once and army wife and then later I, myself joined up in Active Duty Airforce, so I found your story very interesting and close to home. I'm so glad thing's worked out for you and your new family. God Bless, I can't wait to be in your shoes again with my 2nd child, in about 2 months.

Take Care!!
Angie

Old 04-07-2006, 03:45 PM   #11
(female)

angie22 HB User

Hey Army, congratulations on your handsome son I am so happy that the delivery went so well for you. Take care

Old 04-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Thank you everyone so much. I tell you he's such a bundle of joy...there are times when I still just cant believe it that he's ours. I will keep checking back on these boards since I've now gone through it all and help as many out as possible. I thank everyone again for the added support especially the friends that I have made while on here. Thanx again everyone

Courtney

Old 04-09-2006, 01:19 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Army,
Congrats to you...FINALLY! We all thought you would be going much sooner and your babies weight was decent for your sake too. Our daughter was 7 pounds 10 ounces and that was fairly large for my body. I know we were both actually due on the same day and ended up having them early on the same day! I am glad you didn't have to have a c-section either!

Old 04-09-2006, 02:11 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

army wow wow wow congratulations i am so pleased for you and dh was there too great. i hope your little one brings you much joy as sam has to me. i can't believe domannik is hwere at last it seems we have been waiting ages for him to arrive see you on the infant board i am so pleased for you

Old 04-09-2006, 10:40 AM   #15
(female)

Smociers HB User

COngratulations, Hope you have fun with your son, they are sooooooooooo fun.

Closed Thread