It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User
Question No appetite - Morning Sickness?

This is probably a silly question, but for some reason I just have no appetite and was wondering if this is morning sickness. I'm 5 weeks pregnant. I'm not sure what morning sickness feels like. Can anyone describe this?? Occasionally, I will feel mild nausea but most the time, it's just that I have no appetite at all. Could the loss of appetite be from the pregnancy hormones or is this something else. It's really weird b/c before being pregnant I would eat a lot, now I have to force feed myself....but I don't feel nausea that much, just no appetite.

Also, my nipples aren't as sore as they were when I first learned I was pregnant. Is it normal for this soreness to go away so soon at 5 weeks? (I think I'm 5.5 weeks but not quite 6 weeks).

thanks in advance for any help!

Old 04-07-2006, 08:08 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User
Re: No appetite - Morning Sickness?

I was the same way and its perfectly normal. i had absolutely no appetite. the thought of most foods made me wanna throw up. around 12 weeks, i would get nautious but i wouldnt throw up and it lasted til about 14 weeks and it went away then i ate like a pig!!Some people dont get sick and some people are very sick for the first 3 or 4 months! Everyone is different but it is normal...My nipples never really got sore..just my boobs is general were very sore til i was about 5 or 6 weeks and they have been perfectly normal ever since!! You are fine though, i was worried when i didnt have any symptoms either or they just went away but i came to find its perfectly normal, just be lucky not to have all the symptoms and feel horrible your whole pregnancy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User

Thanks Sara for the post!

Old 04-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #4
(female)

deadsy HB User

Yes, I feel the exact same way as you. I have no appetite, everything makes me sick to eat. However, I am hungry all the time... so I don't understand why I feel this way... but I am willing to bet it's all the hormones and what not. I haven't been throwing up or anything.. it just affects everyone differently. But like the above poster said, we should consider ourselves lucky!! Good luck!!

Linsey

Old 04-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

qt314 HB User

The loss of appetite is perfectly normal. I found myself only able to eat smaller portions of anything too. Try the 6 small meals a day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack) and you may feel better. Just remember, the bigger meals are about half what your used to. You'll regain your appetite in the second trimester.

And yes, my nipples were sore in the beginning, and quickly stopped. I personally haven't even grown in cup size. It has all been a nipple thing so far. I'm 29 weeks.

Old 04-08-2006, 09:48 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User

Thanks for the posts!

Over the last couple of days, I've felt more sick...I'm not sure if this is nausea but it probably is. I'm worried I'm going to get bad morning sickness. It's like I can't really get comfortable no matter what I do...I always feel somewhat squimish and I can't eat even though I'm hungry.

I guess I'll just have to endure it for the next couple of months. Fortunately, I have an easy work schedule so it's manageable.

Old 04-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #7
(female)

nisha2375 HB User

I have not confirmed my pregnancy with a HPT yet, but I think I am pregnant. I have absolutely no appetite, but I am extremely hungry. My stomach is always talking to me. I have to force myself to eat. Then about 30 minutes after I eat I am starving again. No cravings either. I think it is normal.

Closed Thread