It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2006, 10:09 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User
burning in throat?

Well for the past couple weeks, i have been having this bad burning sensation in my throat. It feels like before you vomit, your throat burns..im not sick or anything but thats what it feels like and sometimes it does almost feel like i am going to throw up. I never had heartburn or anything like that too much so does anyone know what it could be? or how to ease it up a bit..it comes constantly!!

Old 04-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User
Re: burning in throat?

sounds like heartburn to me. at night i wake up with that sensation so i pop a couple Tums and it usually goes away. also 2 % milk is good for you and also feels good going down.
the Tums i have been taking is the smoothie ones with calcium. they taste alot better then the regular ones.
robin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2006, 11:29 AM   #3
(female)

mckroot HB User

DEfinitely heartburn. I've had it every day for the past three months (I am 8 months) and it is soooo painful!! Yes, Tums and 2% milk work great. I have a Tums bottle at work, in my nightstand, and in the pantry downstairs in the kitchen because I use it so much!

Old 04-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

I find rolaids work even better...that and make sure you don't drink and eat at the same time as it causes an increase in acid reflux.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:57 AM   #5
(female)

Faythey HB User

I've heard its bad to lie down after eating.

but i've found that sipping on some milk and laying in my recliner works really well

Old 04-07-2006, 01:24 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User

definatley heartburn. i have tried everything and have found that pepcid complete chewable tablets are the best. i only need to eat one and that's it and it stops it for several hours. i used both tums and rolaids and ate so much of them i think that it was coming out of my ears and it never really completely made it go away.
this stuff does!

Old 04-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User

Thank you soo much!! I never experienced it this bad..none of this will harm the baby then i take it? since i take prenatal vitamins, is it ok to take stuff for heartburn as well? I dont believe is many pregnancy myths bc i did all the gender myths and they were all wrong but i heard if you have a lot of heartburn, then it means your baby could have a lot of hair, did anyone else hear of this? I was born with bleach blonde fuzz on my head then i was practically bald for a long time ha but my bf was born with a head full of black hair! im so excited to see what hes gonna look like!

Old 04-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User

I also wanted to ask if you should just take one a day or if theres a certain amount you should take or how often or anything? i dont want to take too many and chance harming the baby

Old 04-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #9
(female)

Safc-Chick HB User

I've been really bad with heartburn lately and my mam just said the same to me about it having loads of hair lol, I'd not heard that before.

I don't know how many you are able to take a day I would go by the label and don't go over.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:44 PM   #10
(female)

heathy_mama HB User

hi i have had pretty bad heart burn as well and taking tums regularly. even when i dont have the heart burn i take them for added calicum in my diet. the label says for pregnant women 7 or 8 a day max, so i usually take 2 when i get up 2 at lunch and 2 at supper and 1-2 before bed. a normal person can have like 16-18 a day or something crazy like that.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

i had real bad heartburn sometimes gaviscon worked but usually it did not work at all. the only cure was delivery of ds and yes he had soo much hair my little hairy bear how cute

Closed Thread