It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User
Jenae Elizabeth made her debut!

Hi ladies!! Well I finally have a chance to get online! I had my daughter on tuesday april 4. She is the most perfect gorgeous little girl, and i cant believe how much i love her already.
Well we went in to be induced at 5am,started pitocin at 6am. The doc came in at 7:30 to break my water. Everything was going great and my ctx were on a great 1-2 minutes apart by 10am. Well everything was going good except for just one problem, she was too big for me to have naturally. My doctor had told me more than once that she just might be too big to come out on her own but i still wanted to try. By 4pm things were still going the same except she had a few dips in her heartbeat so we felt it was best to just go ahead with the c-section. Jenae was born at 5:10pm weighing 8lbs 2oz, 20 1/2 inches long. She had half a cone head from the way she was positioned. That was another reason why she couldnt come on her own. When I heard her cry i just started sobbing, She is beautiful and big and everything I never thought. I felt just an intense feeling of love when I heard her and I forgot everything they were doing to me and was just worried about her. She scored 9/9 on her apgar scores.
Being a mom is harder than I imagined but I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world. She has a HUGE appetite and my breasts were just not enough for her so I have to supplement with formula. Even now that my milk is in, she has to have a bottle afterwards. Yesterday she was drinking almost 3 oz at almost every feeding, which I wonder if thats too much? She loves to be held and snuggled and she is just so facsinated with her daddy. She looked just like me when she was born but now she is starting to look like DH too. Especially when she sleeps or makes silly little faces.
Well just thought i'd let everyone know that "her majesty" is here, gotta go, she beckons!!LOL!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2006, 09:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Re: Jenae Elizabeth made her debut!

congratulations on your wonderful gift! so good to hear from people that have been thru the whole 9 months and are doing well and are happy!
i'm hoping you'll still check in occasionally to give us first time expecting moms some advice!

i just found out lat sunday that i was pregnant. have my first appt on tuesday , 4/11 so i'm anxious to hear where they think i am as far as an edd. i did the pregnancy calculator and i'm about 5 weeks preg with my FIRSTG....have been thru an emotional rollercoaster of crying with fear and the unexpected (and to be honest complete PHOBIA of labor!), to get more excited as each day passes. we're telling my dh's mom tomorrow and my parents (all will be first time gparents!) on easter weekend.

if you dont mind, could you tell me a bit about your preg? i know each preg is different, but just what your symptoms were, did you have morning sickness, was this your first, how was the labor exp and then the c-section experience?

thanks and congrats again! must be such an amazing thing to look at your baby that represents the two of you!

Old 04-08-2006, 10:31 AM   #3
(female)

walnutsmom HB User

Congratulations!! You are so lucky that she is a good eater. That will make life a lot easier for you and no need to worry about her growth/weight gain. Hurray!

Old 04-09-2006, 02:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

steph another april mommy congratulations on the safe arrival of your little one. see you on the infant caee board. your right it is a ard job but worthwhile

Old 04-09-2006, 10:28 AM   #5
(female)

Smociers HB User

Congrats, I know how it feels to have a big baby my DS who is now 2 was 8lbs 1oz and 22inches long and he was a very healthy eater and we supplemented with formula also.

Old 04-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

Thanks everyone! Well things have calmed down a bit around here and its going very well (*fingers crossed)

manchak99-First of all, congrats on your pregnancy!!! I also went through all of the emotions you mentioned when I first found out I was pregnant. I think most women do. I did have morning sickness I think until basically week 9. My pregnancy went fairly well most of the time with the exception of the beginning and the end. Yes this was my first pregnancy so everything was really new to me and sometimes I would get freaked out over "little" things. Esp in the beginnning when everything is so new. These boards and amazing women helped me in so many ways. So its only just that I stay around to help where I can
The labor wasnt too bad I wish I had been able to go through it all, but it doesnt matter how she got here as long as shes here. the csection was a lot better than i thought, i didnt feel a thing. Every day gets a little better. You'll do fine and congrats again!!!

Old 04-10-2006, 06:15 AM   #7
(female)

edogoneill HB User

steph,

congrats on your dd, I am so happy to hear that you and your little one are safe and sound. good luck.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:16 AM   #8
Veteran

sickofit HB User

congrats steph! I'm so happy that you and her majesty are going well! I love her name! It makes me more and more excited every time I read an April mom's birth story because it means I'm that much closer!!

Last edited by sickofit; 04-10-2006 at 07:17 AM.

Old 04-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

Thanks guys!! See you over on the infant boards soon! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and spend this time preparing for your new little miracles!! Take care!!

Old 04-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

thanks Steph! very reassuring

check in from time to time...us newbies will need you

Closed Thread