It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2006, 02:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Wink Alexa Elise arrived on 04/04/06

Over this past weekend I was experiencing "wet" panties and after a few days of constant bathing and changing I became frusterated on Monday morning. On Monday morning it hit me that maybe I was leaking water and I called the midwife and was asked to come in. After an exam they verified that the wetness was indeed my water leaking and that I needed to be admitted right away because I went a few days before realizing that it was my water. I asked to go home first and gather my own belongings and so in early labor my husband and I stopped at Target to grab some last minute items and then home to grab my belongings.
We arrived at the hospital at 3:30 in the afternoon on Monday. I have birth at 2:54 Tuesday morning leaving me in labor for nearly 12 hours. The experience was great looking back now. I had an all natural birth with no intervention or medications. I sat on the birthing ball, sat straight up in bed, and also ultilized the birthing tub several times. I pushed for an hour and a half and was very determined to get her out as I became extremely dehydrated, fatigued, etc. Alexa weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces.
I was unable to hold her after she came out because my eyes were swollen most of the way closed and were sore from pushing so hard for so long. I wasn't really able to see what she looked like until later in the day but they did put her on my chest when she came out and I felt her weight and warmth on me. My mother and husband were present at the birth along with my midwife and one nurse. My dad was in and out during the labor process. It was great having people around although I got to a point where I was in my own world dealing with the pain.
Now she is only 4 days old and I am glad she is here and I am also anxious for her to grow into a schedule. I am looking forward to playing with her as she grows and teaching her everything she needs to know. Being up during the nights are somewhat hard and frusterating at times.......you really do need to sleep when they sleep....somehow. I have always been energetic and on the go and it is difficult now when I want to take a shower, brush my teeth, eat, and do some basic chores around the house when I have to tend to her so much and then sleep when she sleeps. On the bright side she is a wonderful, beautiful baby girl and spring has arrived and we have plenty of nice outside weather coming up!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
(female)

denise6433 HB User
Re: Alexa Elise arrived on 04/04/06

Awww, I love her name. That was a pretty good story. So they admitted you right away because of the leaking? They didn't do anything with me, but it had also just started that morning so maybe that was too soon to be admitted, but they didn't get to see if it was amnotic either so IDK- we have a crappy hospital to begin with.

I have done exercise and stretching and everything today. I'm sore because the baby has dropped completely and everyone has noticed today so I feel like I'm being impatiently stared at but hopefully we're all right and this speeds up

I'm so happy for you for sticking in there and not getting medication! That's amazing!! I can't wait until my day comes, I'm looking forward to it. You're so lucky to have your baby in your arms whether the consequances are staying up at crazy hours or not.

Take care of yourself and Alexa. Good luck and Congrats, again.

Always,
Denise

Old 04-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

congrats same day as my son was born...guess it was a good day

Old 04-09-2006, 02:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

well done orange on getting through the delivery as you wanted. glad alexa arrived safely and that you are both well. the tiredness gets worse but is worth it take care and congratulations

Old 04-09-2006, 10:33 AM   #5
(female)

Smociers HB User

congrats, hope you and your baby grow into a schedule

Old 04-10-2006, 12:07 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

qt314 HB User

Orange..........CONGRATULATIONS!
I'm so happy to hear all went so well. She sounds just perfect!

Enjoy your journey!

Closed Thread