I just read a bunch of pages online about ways to induce labor and was wondering if anyone tried these previsouly and it helped or didn't. Of course everything varies with everyone but I don't want to waste too much time waiting for this little guy.
1) Walking ( I have been every night, yesterday I walked a mile (ouch!))
2) Black and Blue Cohosh (Don't want to try herbs if it will harm the baby)
3) Pinapple (The acids in it help. I'm trying tonight)
4) Cinnimon Stick Tea (Trying this tonight too. something in it helps contract)
5) EPO (I'm taking these now so far only 2 cm whether that would have happended without it IDK)
6) Sex (I dont think I want to try it lol)
7) Anyone got anything else that helped and is safe for you and the baby?
Let me know if you have tried or if there was any help in your labor or anyone you know's labor.
Well Ive never had to go through it myself but was with my sister when she was trying to have both of her boys. She used the black and blue cohosh and it started contractions. She said they were somewhat painful but it helped. Also when you walk try to squat as far down as you can but try to have someone walk with you if you need help getting up. It helps to push the babys head down. She tried castor oil but she said it didnt do anything but taste really bad. Sex didnt do much for her. Hope these help. Good luck.
i never tried it, but my best friend did, and she went into labor that night. Take 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons of mineral oil. straight. she put it in a medicine dropper and tilted her head back and squirted it down her throat then drank some dr. pepper with it. she said it did not taste at all. it just left a slick feeling on the roof of her mouth where she missed on her first attempt. Good luck to ya
I'd be very careful about taking anything to induce labor. Are you overdue...and if you are, is it by much? I was two weeks overdue with both my boys so it's not uncommon. They were very big...but that's life.
I know by now, you're more than ready to have your baby, but he will come when it's time. Just enjoy your time right now because it won't be long and you'll be wishing you had just a few more minutes to sleep, or just some time for yourself.
Thanks for the advice. I'm not really sure how mineral oil will do anything, why would that work? I'll see if I can find any support for it to make sure it wont harm anything and perhaps ill give it a try. Thanks a bunch!