It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
(female)

Beyondthesky37 HB User
I fell...

I'm probably just being paranoid but I can't help it. I'm 33 weeks. I've been on bed rest for preterm labor but I'm allowed to get up to go to the bathroom or take a shower. I was walking down the stairs in my house today and I lost my footing and slid down about five of them. When I landed I smacked my lower back really hard and there was a huge gush of fluid. I thought for sure my water had broken. But after I stood up I stopped leaking but i decided to call my doctor anyway. She said the baby is probably fine. She said that hitting my lower back I could have just hit my bladder and shocked it . So she told me to put on a pad and see if I still leak. Well the pad Isn't like sopping wet but it is somewhat wet but it's been a few hours so I think if it had been my water I would have a lot more by now. But I did lose a lot of fluid when I fell so would I still be leaking a ton of fluid? Anyway I know the baby is most likely ok because he's well protected but he's only kicked twice and I even tried eating icecream and laying on my left side. Normally he moves ten times in a half hour when I do fetal kick counts but he only moved twice. Also right after I fell I went into the bathroom and I think I lost my mucas plug and had some light spotting the rest of the evening. Should I be concerned?

Old 04-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
(female)

walnutsmom HB User
Re: I fell...

Okay, I don't mean to make you too worried, but please go in to labor and delivery and have them check you out. 33 weeks is really early to lose fluid AND your mucous plug. I am also on bedrest at 34 weeks for low amniotic fluid. It is not something to mess around with. If I were you, I'd go in and risk having them laugh at you and tell you to go home.

You are probably fine but it is just too early to wait on this. please write back after you go to the hospital.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User

Yep! You should be concerned and should go to the ER to get it checked out. Better safe than sorry. I fell with both of my pregnancies and was looked at both times. I didn't have any water or plug either time. Both are signs that you are ready to give birth.
Good luck and like the poster before me said, let us know how you and the baby are doing!

Old 04-09-2006, 11:39 PM   #4
(female)

Beyondthesky37 HB User

Well I went ahead and went in. I only live about five minutes from the hospital which makes all the times I've had to go in a bit easier. Anyway she said she could see what I meant about dampness because she said I had a alot of fluid but it was negative for amniotic fluid. She wasn't sure what it was but her best guess was that it was from the mucas discharge I was having. They did a nonstress test on the baby and he passed with flying colors which I was very relieved about. I am glad I went in though because now I feel better about my baby. Thanks for all the help!

Old 04-10-2006, 07:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Wow, that sounds really scary. How are you feeling now? I mean, is your back really sore?
I am so glad everything turned out okay and that you and baby are doing well. Take it easy and watch your step! Us prego's don't have the same balance or ability to see our feet!

Old 04-10-2006, 08:18 AM   #6
(female)

walnutsmom HB User

I'm soooo glad to hear that everything is okay. Thanks for humoring everyone by going in. Hurray. Here's to a healthy, full term baby. And no more falling!

Closed Thread