It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 07:22 AM   #1
(female)

denise6433 HB User
Talking how soon????

well everything seems to be happening fast. most of you know the deal with everything else and having contractions but irregularly. I lost my mucus plug last night at like nearly 10. been having BH since then. Should I go get checked, wait or what?

How soon do you think it is gonna be? I was leaking water I think a while ago as well..

Soon??

Always,
Denise

Old 04-11-2006, 07:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
Re: how soon????

Soon! I am 2 cm's and 70% effaced at 37.5 wks and my OB is very pleased with this progress. He did say it doesn't reflect how soon I will have the baby but that it means I am progressing on my own instead of needing help.
It sounds like you may be in the early stages of labour. Is this your first Denise? I can't remember. If it is, you can lose your plug up to 3 weeks before going into labour but since you are having irregular contractions maybe you are on your way! When is, or was, your official due date?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2006, 07:34 AM   #3
(female)

denise6433 HB User

the due date was for April the 7th so I'm kinda hoping that this is it.

Congrats on your progress! I didn't start until like last week to dialate so lucky you lol.

Everyone is expecting me to go tonight just because of everything. My OB said yesterday about inducting since I wasnt progressing but also said I might go tomorrow which is today so I think she jinxed me. the baby is in complete position and locked but its my cervix that wasnt doing anything. Loosing my plug prolly means im more dialated then I was before? I called the OB and they said within the next 24 hours I will prolly have him so I hope they are right!!

Always,
Denise

Old 04-11-2006, 07:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

I hope they are right too! I would say to lose your mucas plug you must be dialating more. I went over by 11 days with my first before my OB would induce me. I know your pain and frustration. I never noticed when I lost my plug though so who knows!
I am very excited about my progress and hope things speed along for me as well. My Beanie was measuring 8 and 1/2 lbs at 35 wks so by now he's probably around the 9 and 1/2 to 10lb range! I am really hopeful that I'll go early.
Good luck and be sure to keep us posted on your progress! May your contractions get more painful and close together. I know, sounds like I am wishing the worst on you but you know different, right!?

Old 04-11-2006, 07:48 AM   #5
(female)

denise6433 HB User

haha yes I know what you mean. I have been having pretty strong ones, almost went in but realized I dont want to be sent home because I'd prolly be in a bad mood about it and slow everything down. I read that if you are nervous, upset, or frustrated you wont dialate because your natural instincts sense danger and wont let you have the baby so im trying to relax with little progress. Maybe I will go in, I also know that I don't feel all of the contractions because last time I went in for lack of movement they told me I was having a nice contraction and to breathe through yet I couldn't feel it so that was like 3 days ago which is kinda like huh? shouldn't I be feeling these? urg so frustrated lol. I know the ones I can feel HURT and im having SOOOO much pressure since DS has dropped completely fully into position.

Should I go into the hospital to be checked, or wait and see if maybe ill just go into labor by tonight or tomorrow (hopefully)?

Good luck and best contractions :-P

Always,
Denise

Old 04-11-2006, 08:07 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Unless your contractions are 3 to 5 minutes apart for the better part of an hour or your water breaks I don't think they want you in. It would be best for your sanity and progress probably to just stay at home and relax. Breathe through the contractions and imagine your uterus pushing the baby's head down and opening your cervix! I read about this and found that results can be quite surprising!
Let us know what happens Denise and good luck to you!

Closed Thread