It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #1
(female)

denise6433 HB User
Angry Anyone else over-due or right at the due date?

I'm so frustrated at being over-due when a lot of other people are going early. How many other people are over due or like at their due date within the week?

Just thought that this would be a nice board for everyone stressing and upset about going past or no signs of going @ their due date.

I'm 5 days over now so *sigh*
I dont think this baby is EVER coming out!!!

Denise

Old 04-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
Re: Anyone else over-due or right at the due date?

Oh Denise... I know it feels that babe will never come but it will! I was 11 days over due with my first and literally counting the days until my induction. Not sure why but ds really didn't want to come out! I am more dialated and effaced now at 37.5 wks with this one than I was with ds after having the induction IV in for 8 hours!!!
Hang in there girl. If you are already 5 days over then you literally have hardly any time left. Enjoy the last little bit you have. The precious quiet "me" time is about to end. I actually wished him back in my tummy several times after he was born.... just for some quiet time! Oh and sleep! I was seriously lacking in sleep for the first few weeks.
Don't worry, your time, and mine, is just around the corner!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2006, 06:34 PM   #3
(female)

denise6433 HB User

omg i sure hope so! I know im going to still want to be pregnant after but im so energetic all the time and now I feel like 10:30 is waking up early!! I'm so exausted. DS is ready to come out, like locked in the birth canal, lost the mucus plug, having cramps, and still nothing. it's dissappointing to see nothing happening as a result. I'm convinced I'll have an 18 yr old in there walking across the stage for his graduation lmao. I know obviously impossible but gosh doesn't it feel like it?

I hope we both go soon. When is ur due date again? well we'll see who goes first. Right now its Paula and I having everything happen the same except shes only in the beginning of months 9! sigh lol

well hope everything is good, best of luck

Always,
Denise

ps: my lil sis is coming to live w/ me for the first few weeks because I will have my hands full and just want to sleep so that will be good

Old 04-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

That's good that you'll have support from a relative for the first little while. Some people really appreciate it and need it while others just wish to be left alone. I am looking forward to having help, more for my toddler than the baby!
I am due 04/27/06 but I think the dates are off by about a week which makes me closer to 39 wks.
I am 70% effaced and 2cm's dialated now and having tons of BH contractions. Some of them are quite painful (menstrual crampy). I am sure you will be the first to go though. Not sure why I think that but I do!
I know what you mean about all the other April Mommies going early! It's great to hear their stories and know they are all doing well but it makes it that much harder to go over and have to wait it out!.....
My ds was 9lbs 6ozs at birth and I just kept thinking that if he had been born closer to his due date the experience may not have been so bad. Baby would have probably been closer to 8 and 1/2lbs!!! Oh well. Everything happens for a reason, I truly believe that. Hang in there Denise!

Old 04-12-2006, 05:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

I am not overdue or anywhere near being yet (only 34 weeks) but I am still nervous about it as I was induced at 7 days over with ds and it was the most horrible experience for me...37 hours of labour, horrendous contractions with just the cervigel and then a baby born in stress with an apgar of 4.
I am major stressed about going over this time and just pray all the time that I'll have better luck this time.
There seems to be lots of advice out there (and here) about things to help induce naturally...maybe some of them will work for you.
Good luck!

Old 04-12-2006, 06:02 AM   #6
(female)

Tear_Drop HB User

I'm overdue by 4 days - I went to the hospital today and they have done a membrane sweep and given me a date for my induction - next saturday.. Yey.

Hopefully the sweep will work though because I really don't want to be induced. I hope all goes well with you have you been given a date for induction or anything?

Old 04-12-2006, 12:29 PM   #7
(female)

denise6433 HB User

I am 5 days over but havent been given a date yet. My next appt. is Tuesday and we'll discuss it then. They said it will be no later then Friday of that week. which will make 2 wks over but they dont want to wait until then so idk. I'm hoping for going on my own but ever since I lost my mucus plug nothing really happened, like BH stopped and everything so I'm getting quite frustrated lol. Little cramps here and there but nothing like before. My family is betting on which day I will go, sigh. lol

hope all is well and keep us informed

Always,
Denise

Old 04-13-2006, 04:24 AM   #8
(female)

denise6433 HB User

well its day 6 over-due. my mom lost her bet with my sister saying I would go last night lol. She thinks friday because its "Good Friday" which is the 14th soooo idk I hope I go today but I doubt it. I've been sick alot again so I've been pretty much a bump on the log.

lol

How is everyone else???

Always,
Denise

Old 04-14-2006, 04:08 AM   #9
(female)

denise6433 HB User

hmm this thread is pretty much dead. just thought i'd let anyone know that wants to im into labor but not enough for the hospital quite yet.

I used the castor oil so I guess that really helped. Its pretty painful but it will be worth it I hope. never ever been in so much pain

hope anyone else over or expected to go over is doing great

Always,
Denise

Old 04-14-2006, 12:08 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Oh Denise... I really hope this is it for you! Wouldn't it be really upsetting to have to go through all that pain and have to still wait for a while!?
Just relax, take deep breaths, imagine your baby pushing down on your cervix with each contraction and envision a flower opening and closing with the pain. That was one trick I heard that can keep your mind more focused on something else other than the pain.
I am looking forward to reading your birth story soon!!!
Good luck and remember, the end result is alllllll worth it!

Old 04-15-2006, 10:54 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

i used castor oil and it really worked for me with my last.
i hope it works for you. do a search on it and you will come up with how and when to take it.
robin

Closed Thread