It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2006, 05:47 AM   #1
(female)

shamrockcb HB User
Question Irrational fears, how to overcome?

Now that its my 2nd trimester and I feel pretty normal, its hard to believe that I'm still pregnant (between appointments when I hear the heartbeat). How do you all cope with the fears of miscarriage and things going wrong? I try to use the stats to comfort me but I can't shake this nervous feeling
Thanks in advance

Old 04-12-2006, 06:03 AM   #2
(female)

History HB User
Re: Irrational fears, how to overcome?

Hi Shamrockcb,

I'm going on my 20th week and I'm JUST LIKE YOU. I can't wait to hear the heartbeat to make sure everything is ok. Im constantly worried about things that may go wrong. I'm trying to relax myself but I guess being worried is natural. I think something inside has to happen to make us feel better and more secure. This is my 2nd and I wasnt nervous at all with the first. I guess each one is different. Its ok to be nervous, just try to relax and do things to take your mond off of it.
GOOD LUCK AND A HAPPY, HEALTHY PREGNANCY TO YOU!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

I have yet to figure out how to stop worrying. I had an ectopic the 1st pregnancy and now with the 2nd pregnancy I had low progesterone and have to take medicine for like 5 weeks (once they dicovered the problem). I was worried about miscarriage and then at my last appointment I heard the hearbeat and felt relief. Here I am close to the 12 week where I stop my medicine and now I worry about a miscarriage when I stop taking the medicine because they say the medicine is what kept me from having a miscarriage. I try not to let it overwhelm me. I tend to look at things in a realistic way that some may think negative but I just like having all my avenues covered. So, here is my thought when I start to worry.... I think I will try to make the best and enjoy my pregnancy each day and if something were to happen then I enjoyed it while it lasted. However I have made it this far and I have heard the heartbeat and I know soon I will hold that new baby in my arms and realize how silly I was too worry so much. Plus I don't want a nervous kid, so stop worrying!

Old 04-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
(female)

PrasannaS HB User

I just completed 7 weeks and had an u/s today. We were able to notice the heart beat. Things apparently look good. However, I've low progesterone too and have been taking progesterone supplements (Prometrium suppositories). I have brown spotting every now and then. This is really driving me nuts. I am in the same boat as you are. You ladies are at least are at teh end of first trimester.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #5
(female)

denise6433 HB User

You ladies, you probably wont stop worrying, but for those in or close to 2nd trimester you have almost remotely no chance of a misscarriage unless you like O.D. on something or drink alcohol alllll the time. Just calm yourself down as much as possible. If you are ever worried you can call the doctor your seeing and they can reassure you or come on the boards they are full of supporting women going through the same thing. I am 5 days over and I still worry and go in if he doesn't kick enough lol. It's better than at the start but you girls will be fine I'm sure.

Best of luck to you all!!

Always,
Denise

Old 04-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #6
(female)

shamrockcb HB User

Thanks ladies, I will turn to this thread for inspiration and encouragement I wish I wasn't so dang paranoid, but spotting and bleeding during the first 11 weeks didn't help. Now I'm scared at every little symptom, or when certain symptoms disappear but I have to understand that with the baby growing, things can change almost daily!

Take care and thanks for taking the time to post and listen to me vent!

Old 04-13-2006, 01:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

shamrock
i feel you. i just delivered ds in march and i had a previous m/c so you can imagine i worried so much through my pg. but to be honest this is what being a parent is about loving your child so much you will worry about them forever. after m/c fears were over i worried about disabilities then still birth and now he is here about cot death (sids). see the worry will never end you just have to not focus on it or you would become a neurotic hermit. take care and i am sure all will be fine for you just like it was for me

Old 04-13-2006, 06:55 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

AmandaB HB User

Have you thought about renting a Doppler? Then you can listen in each day and relax and enjoy!

I rented one with my last PG and have just ordered one again. It was the best thing I could have done.

Closed Thread