It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2006, 07:02 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User
May Mommies #4 (?)

Hey there May mommies!
Time is getting closer, how is everyone feeling. Some of you, I think, are already looking at being April mommies. I am so jealous.
I am starting to have strong braxton hicks and am only almost 34 weeks. I can't wait till the end. I tired of being so sore and uncomfortable although I have to admit, I am more comfortable with this pregnancy then I was with ds...I think. It's funny how we can't remember some of those things!!!
I am hoping to only have another 3.5 weeks of work to go...depends on if my employer will except a note from my midwife should I need to be off my feet sooner than I told them originally. I just have a feeling that I am going to be too tired and uncomfortable to make the drive (45min) to work once I hit 36-37 weeks.
How is everyone doing with fluid retention?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
(female)

newg HB User
Re: May Mommies #4 (?)

Still here... Feeling more miserable by the minute. I had to change my black dress pants to jeans this morning... I couldn't get my mammoth feet into my shoes. I am excited though, I found out yesterday I will get short term disability pay while I'm on maternity leave. Maybe I'll take a little longer than planned. I wish we had a year like you lucky gals in Canada.

Hope everyone is feeling good. We're almost there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2006, 01:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

The year is great although I didn't get to enjoy all of it with ds and won't likely with this one either. I am unemployed every summer (and spring and Christmas breaks) as I work as an educational assistant in a school. In order to qualify to unemployment insurance I have to have 700 work hours in before the end of the school year when I go back after this baby. Basically it means I have to be back by early Feb. Initially we thought with the cost of double daycare for the kids I would forfeight the money in the summer and stay home the full year but now that dh has a new job with one week day off each week and is home by 1:30 most days we can afford to pay the childcare so back I'll go.
I am feeling exhausted today. I ache in my pelvis and abdomen and am feeling really overheated. I am so glad I get the next 4 days off...thank goodness for Easter break!
I wore jeans today too and usually we only do that here on Fridays but I am running out of clothes that fit, or that feel comfortable. I wore sandles today but I am not sure I'll be able to wear them till the end. I have to wear orthotics in my shoes so I am limited to what kind of shoes I can wear. I may have to forgo the orthotics for comfie 'fat' shoes!!!
6 more weeks....will I make it with my sanity intack????

Old 04-13-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

hey girlies, well i am in the home stretch, 36th week. i am getting sharp pains when i walk in my vaginal area and man does it hurt. i guess the baby must be hitting something i read.
i have also been so tired and even sleepy. i did get all the baby stuff ready last weekend when i had a one time feeling of nesting. i didn't want a babyshower with this one even though i was being preasured by some friends an family, so i went out and got everything i needed. it was actually alot of fun doing it on my own this 3rd time around. i did do some shopping around between a couple stores and i actually found some good bargains on things. i already had just about all the clothing to start off with like gowns, onesies, sleepers, mittens and socks so i just needed mainly everything else. i only ended up spending $200.
i know i could've spent more but i was really budgeting. i am sure my husband was happy. thank goodness we had money from our income tax and that helped tremondously because i don't think i wouldve been able to get much.
gosh i can't wait to have my baby and see her. my husband kids and i are so excited.
i hope everyone is doing good and not hurting to bad. it gets pretty rough for some of us at the end.
robin

Old 04-17-2006, 07:07 AM   #5
(female)

ByeBye20's HB User

Hi Jordyn,
Remember me? I can't find the canadian momiies thread, is it still alive? I have some news I would like to share.
Thx.

Old 04-17-2006, 09:40 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Bye Bye - FYI - no Can. mommies thread anymore but we can post questions to all that may be only answered correctly by other Canadians...regarding things that might only apply here.
Glad to see you again, how are you doing? How is the placenta holding up.
Girl75 - sounds like your babe has dropped. Mine is just very long I think as I get all the discomfort of carrying high when I sit, travel, eat etc but then when I stand and walk I get loads of pain in my pelvis too....this could be the longest 5.5 weeks of my life!!!
I have had a restful weekend and still have the rest of today off although I am doing a party for my home business tonight so guess not totally off. I sure do like these 4 day work weeks though.
My cousin had a baby on Thursday, a vbac birth with a midwife in the hospital. Her labour started at 1:30, she went to the hosptial at 5:00, had the baby at 6:30 and was home at 9:00. I was happy to hear of a positive story for #2 since both of us had crappy things happen with #1. However, even though I am using a midwife for this one too, I have no intention of being home that quickly. I kind of like the idea of hanging out in a place where the support is and my toddler isn't!!! I love him tons, but am just not sure how I'll adjust with him there while I recoup. I had so many breastfeeding problems with him too and want that better established before I come home.
My braxton hicks have picked up again in frequency and duration. I sure hope this means I'll get abit early as opposed to overdue.
Anyway, gotta run. Hope everyone is doing well!

Old 04-17-2006, 09:53 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

i hope everyone had a great weekend and a happy easter.
man jordyn i can't believe you are doing a party. lots of work but sounds like fun. my girlfriends wanted to take me out for dinner next weekend and i am not in the mood to even be out. i feel like a whale, lol.
i did go to an easter deal this weekend and it was so hot, even inside it was hot because everyone kept walking in and out. the temp got up to 95 degrees, can you believe it? everyone kept telling me how huge i was and i was like, i know leave me alone. later in the evening when the sun was going down it was nicer and we had an easter egg hunt for the kiddos, so that was nice.
when i got home my ankles and feet were so swollen and hurt it felt good to get them up.
well its the beginning of my 37th week and counting, hope everyone is doing good.
robin

Old 04-17-2006, 10:55 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User

Hi guys. We're almost there! I have 5 more weeks to go but we really don't think I'll last that long. I've been off work since week 32 due to preterm labor and I am BORED!!! My house can't get any cleaner and I am actually shopped out, which is a surprise. My baby has dropped but my only real complaints is this upper groin pain I'm getting. It will sometimes bring me to my knees it hurts so bad. But as far as swelling, I've been real fortunate. I just really can't wait! We took a childbirth class a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised at how many couples opted to not find out the sex of the baby (about 2/3 of the class). Anyway, this is our first and I cannot wait to be a May mommy :-)

Old 04-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #9
(female)

ByeBye20's HB User

Hi again,
too bad about the Canadian mommies thread. Well, my news is that I had my baby on Friday morning. He is a little boy named James (or Jamie), and he was born at 26 wks and 2 days. He is very small and will be in hospital for a good while. Hopefully everything goes well, but either way, it's going to be a really tough few months for my family. So if there is a premie thread on this site, I might end up there eventually, but this is going to be one of my last postings on a pregnancy thread. I wish everyone good luck with their pregnancies.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:06 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Byebye - Godspeed to you and your family. I've worked with a few preemie's over the years and they are such amazing little ones!!!! But yes, a long road ahead for you. Please post your birth story if you can just so we know what ended up happening...all the Canadian mommies will be watching out. Good luck to you!
Robin - the parties aren't too bad...they involve my favourite thing....FOOD!!! Last night's was at my brother's girlfriend/mom's house so the pressure wasn't there to be too professional. I plan to quite doing them by the 10th at the latest...at which point I'll be almost 38 weeks. I have another 2 booked between now and then.
myloathe - your pelvic pain sounds like Baby#2's...called systemic pelvic dysfunction I think. When are you due again?
My fluid retention took a huge growth on Friday and freaked me right out but now is back to normal again (whatever that is anymore???) after I drank tons of water and put my foot up abit. It's really only my right side....strange!!! I am super uncomfortable at times though, especially when I sit in the car...it seems like this baby is sitting on my bladder, pelvic bone and sticking up into my lungs all at the same time. I am measuring 2.5-3cm over what I am so I am sure he's a monster!!!
Gotta run!

Old 04-20-2006, 06:08 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

well i am getting more contractions here and there and this morning there was mucusy discharge so i hope it is close. i am getting so tired and i still have 2weeks to go. hope everyone is doing well.
Byebye20's you and your baby boy are in my thoughts, take care.
robin

Old 04-20-2006, 07:01 PM   #12
(female)

RainyNight HB User

Hi Ya'll. Im supposed to be due on May 14th. Only about 24 days! Woohoo let the count down begin. I am completely umcomfortable in everyway just about. I have horrible edema/swelling in every limb pretty much, unbelievable hearty appetite, achey joints, feet, legs, everything you name it. Just a big ball of complaint, but in all honesty I wouldn't have it any other way . I can't wait to meet my little man.
How bout everyone else, how are you all feeling at this point?

Old 04-21-2006, 06:57 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Feeling...like there's a huge basketball in my stomach. I am a larger person with a huge abdomen area. With ds I thought this was why I never felt discomfort in my ribs or abdomen and I really didn't think I carried that low...even looking at the pictures, I don't look low. But this one is unbelievable for being uncomfortable and not really in the ribs but general upper abdomen. It's so hard to sit and especially to eat. Breathing is even difficult at times. As for edema...really bad in my right foot/ankle, a bit better in my left and that's about it for now. My hands get puffy at times but nothing uncommon for this time of year.
My biggest new discomfort seems to be my groin/pelvic area, especially after driving 45 minutes to work or sitting at my desk too long. Thank God I only have another 2 weeks of fulltime (minus the odd appointment here and there) and then we'll see after that.
I am still hoping the u/s date of May 18th is closer to being the real birth date than the EDD of May 26.

Old 04-22-2006, 09:56 AM   #14
(female)

happy2bamom HB User

Hi everyone,

I have had a wonderful week! I saw my ob/gyn and he did a quick ultrasound for me and said that he is 99% sure that the baby is a......... girl!!! I can hardly control myself from going out and starting to buy little girl things but since my husband doesn't want to know I have to hold off. I got all my pre-registration stuff done at the hospital so whenever this little bundle decides to arrive I think everything should go smoothly. I still have lots to do at home to get ready but I am getting a little bit done every day. I finally got the bathroom scrubbed (we have really hard water and no matter what we do we get awful stains in the tub and I usually use strong chemicals to remove it but right now I can't be in the fumes so it just takes a lot of scrubbing - probably why I put it off for so long). This week I plan on moving everything out of the office upstairs and putting it all in the basement. If I move all the paperwork, files and small items, hopefully my husband will move the desks and cabinets down next weekend then I can finally get it set up for the 2 boys and move Justin out of the nursery. I asked my doctor about the groin and pelvic pains I have been having and he told me that the baby is head down; large; it is my 4th baby and that I am not 18 anymore - funny guy huh? Nevertheless, he told me that it will continue and get worse until the baby is born, I can't wait.

Anyway, I had better go. I have to get the boys lunch and then put the little guy down for a nap.

Talk to you all soon, Kathy

Old 04-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Kathy - happy to hear from you again...it's been awhile!!! Tips for the hard water cause boy oh boy do we have this problem in our area of Ontario eh'!!! See if you can get some acid used in dairy barns to remove milk stone from bulk tanks. Strange I know but works wonders on rust and hard water stains.
I too am feeling lots of pain, discomfort and a weird cramping sensation too. I had the luxury of having a massage today as a place in Stratford was doing a course on pregnancy massage and my midwife called to let me know. I had an hour+ long massage and get to go again next Sunday too. It was awesome.
I've been having super big problems with edema in my feet and legs. So bad that yesterday and today my feet looked like they did after I had ds and had all the oxytocin!!!! After the massage though, they started to look better. I see my midwife again tomorrow and then every week from now on. I am going to see if there is anything I can do and see if they are concerned because the massage therapy teacher did seem to be which worries me.
My babe is growing at a large rate...I feel like a monster and I bet I am 38 cm and I'm only just over 35 weeks. He's really moving still though and makes my whole stomach move when he gets going.
Gotta run, time for supper!!!

Closed Thread