It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2006, 05:32 PM   #1
(female)

denise6433 HB User
K***** Michael is finally here!

Well this is Amy, Denise's sis, and she asked me to come on and do this because she said she hoped that you guys would be curious after all shes gone through for the past week or two. she said at least baby #2 will be concerned Im positive lol.

Baby #2- you are late on your advice he was born and she wasnt pregnant anymore lol.

well here goes- obviously I cant let you know every detail because it wasnt happening to me. but denise did great!!!!

At 2 AM she went in with quite a bit of pain and they sent her home to regulate the contractions and she was only 1 cm dialated. by 4:30 it was horrible pain so she called me and my mom and just kinda said she couldnt do it and this baby was coming out and the doctors were stupid lol

We went in finally @ about 7 in the morning to find out she was about 6 cm dialated! I left for a while expected it would be okay. I came back @ 9:30 she was 7 and within 40 minutes she was at 9 cm with a lil bit more cervix on the left side. when she got to 7 she got the pain meds in the back, not an epidural i forget what its called. So at about 10:25 ready for pushing and the pain was horrible and I could hardly stand to hear it! during the last 15 minutes or so they wanted her to get up for changing positions and she was determined she couldnt and there was no way in the whole world she was going to lol. they convinced her and put her on this weird stool thing for birthing and they decided it wasnt gonna work and told her to go back to the bed she said no and pushed like hell!!! the baby was finally born

K***** Michael was born at 10:54 AM on April 14, 2006. 7 lbs 13.3 oz and 21 1/4 inches long. he is sooo handsome and although we got to see k***** right off denise had to face nearly 25 minutes of stitches as she almost ripped to the butt! The midwife wouldnt even tell how many stitches because it woulda scared her so she decided not to tell anyone else either.

well thats about it. denise is still in harsh recovery but her stomach is pretty flat already after gaining over 40 lbs.

She will maybe be sent home tomorrow as the hospital has 40 more babys to deliver this month and over 10 rms are doubled up now.

thats about it she may be on tomorrow for a brief follow up unless I bring my laptop to the hospital.

-Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: K***** Michael is finally here!

Must be a great name -- the system blocked it out! Wow! Congrats!

Old 04-14-2006, 10:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Yay DENISE!!!! Good for you girl!! I am so sorry you had to go through so much pain and tear so badly though....
Trust me, from someone who had an episiotomy and vacuum after 3 hours of pushing I know where you are coming from! I just want you to know that you will forget about it (otherwise women wouldn't have more than one!).
I can't wait to hear the story from start to finish from your perspective. I hope you recover really fast so you can enjoy every minute with your little man.
I wonder why they are blocking his name? I'm trying to guess what it is but it's hard!!!!! Keagan?
Take care of yourself and baby and keep us posted on how things are! Proud of you!!!

Old 04-15-2006, 06:12 AM   #4
(female)

denise6433 HB User

IDK why they blocked the name. its
K
A
I
D
E
N

going home tomorrow but i have to go before the nurse comes back... still in a lot a lot a lot of pain around the clock medication but hes doing so great. hes really quiet most of the time but when he crys its really loud.

i have to go

Always,
Denise

Old 04-15-2006, 06:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

congratulations denise!!! I'm so sorry about the tearing but at least he is here safe and sound and you'll heal in time. Just keep taking your meds and stay on top of the pain. K***** Michael is a beautiful name. Once again congrats and take care of yourself, hope to see you back on soon!!!

Old 04-15-2006, 07:30 AM   #6
(female)

edogoneill HB User

Congrats Denise, I am happy to hear that you and your little man are safe and sound. Sorry about the tearing that really sucks. I hope your recovery is fast and not too painful.

Old 04-15-2006, 07:47 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Congradulations Denise and Keg. Michael. Glad to know your time finally came!

Old 04-15-2006, 10:51 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

K.A.I.D.E.N..... no way!!!!! My 21 month old is C.A.D.E.N !!!!! Same name, just different spelling. Way to cool.
Man I hope you get better and fast. I remember that being the worst of the whole thing! Healing from a third or fourth degree tear or episiotomy is NOT fun.
I'm glad he is relatively quiet for you. Especially now that you are in the "healing" mode. That was hard for me as well. I hope my little Beanie is a little easier on me than my first!!!!
Hope to hear from you soon!

Dawn

P.S. - Expectant just had her baby too and named him P.A.I.D.E.N !!
Twilight zone music playing in the background.....

Last edited by baby#2; 04-15-2006 at 10:53 AM.

Old 04-15-2006, 11:42 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

congrats on the wonderful news.
robin

Old 04-15-2006, 04:09 PM   #10
(female)

denise6433 HB User

thanks so much guys. all I really have to add to what my sister said is that it is way way way painful like off the scales. I was convinced I couldn't do it but thank god he is finally here. he is adorable and they said he will not have jaundace (sp?) at all and hes sooo healthy. he never crys. I've heard him like 2 times since he was born and it was because he was getting a little hungry. Thats it besides right after the birth.

Amazing to have him. Took my shower today which wasnt as bad as I thought but getting dressed was a bit hard. I like that they have like pads with ice in the bottom and it feels really good that way its not always too sore but still quite. I'm getting home tomorrow and I dont think I'll be on then but maybe if I get a little spare second.

Good luck for everyone expecting and may you all have EASY quick deliverys. I only pushed like 20-25 minutes with him but that seems like an eternity with that much pain. I only got one pain shot and it had worn off by then because it wasnt strong so basically it was w/o meds cuz even after I got it I still felt a bit of pain so maybe the epidural would have worked better

Anways thanks alot and best of luck, once again

Always,
Denise

Old 04-15-2006, 06:07 PM   #11
(female)

Angellica7748 HB User

COngratS::::::

I love the name K~A~I~D~E~N~

My son's middle name is A~I~D~A~N~

Old 04-16-2006, 04:45 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

congrats denise on the arrival of k***** i hope you heal quickly ouch. enjoy every minute with your little boy time flies by

Old 04-17-2006, 06:59 AM   #13
(female)

expectant HB User

Congrats Denise I dont know what it is with these names but my boy is called
a-i-d-e-n and that is blocked b the moderators!! Must be rude in some cultures perhaps????? Confused!!!

Anyway glad to hear you are well and we are safely having our little ones. Soon all the april mums will be on the infants board!!!

Closed Thread