It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2006, 08:32 AM   #1
(female)

Donte HB User
Possible delivery at 36 weeks normal?

My high risk doctor told me that they want to try and get me to 36-37 weeks and then get me delivered. I'm not having any trouble with the pregnancy, however, I do have rheumatoid arthritis which is causing frequent swelling and has for quite a while. My bp and urine are always normal. My baby is measuring to be about two weeks ahead of schedule and I am already planning to have a scheduled c-section because I've had one before.

So my question is has anyone ever heard of the doctor's willing to deliver a baby a month early just because it's two weeks ahead of schedule and because a scheduled c-section is already planned. My due date is July 18 and I don't know if I will be having it ten days earlier from that date because of the planned c-section or if I'll be having it around June 18 because it's ahead of schedule. Any input would be appreciated. I hope this makes sense...

Old 04-21-2006, 09:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Re: Possible delivery at 36 weeks normal?

Full-term is 36-40 weeks. You should be safe having your child at 36 weeks. I have heard of doctors taking babies early for all kinds of reasons, including the mother's choice. As long as your doctor thinks it is ok, I would assume you and your baby should be fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2006, 10:01 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

I would think though that if you are feeling o.k. and aren't having problems that are endangering your baby's life/health or yours that going as long as possible would be best. That is, of course, if you can tolerate whatever is going on. Realistically, all women are uncomfortable at that stage so it's just deciding what is extreme discomfort.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:07 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User

I am having my c section at 36 weeks. I am considered high risk and have a HUGE fibroid. I wasn't really given a reason why they are going to do the c-section at 36 weeks.

I know I go see a perinatologist the day before and he is doing an amnio to check the babies lung function and the next day go in for the c-section.

Old 04-22-2006, 06:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

36 weeks is not full term my ds was delivered urgently by c section in march at 36 weeks 5 days he was classed as premature. full term is classed as 37 weeks which i was not far off reaching. luckily ds was measuring large for dates and he was 6 pound 15 ounces born and is gorgeous with no problems i am sure you and your baby will be fine to be delivered then just make sure you ask the doc all the questions you have. best of luck

Closed Thread