It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
(female)

Green Frog HB User
August Mommies!

Hi all:
I haven't seen our tthread in awhile so thought that I would start a new one! It's 9:45 p.m. here and about 1/2 hour ago I was so thirsty I gulped down a huge glass of water without thinking, however, I am thinking about it now....every 15 minutes as I get up to go to the bathroom. I should have known better. Anyway, I do have a question. DH and I live in the midwest (USA) and so when we do have nice weather in the summers we do a lot of outdoor activities, especially swimming. Does anyone have any advice on what is the most flattering type of swimsuit (considering we will all be pretty far along this summer)? I have seen pregnancy bikini swimsuits but can't imagine how they stay on? Has anyone else tried on swimsuits or have any ideas? THANKS!

Old 04-28-2006, 06:16 AM   #2
(female)

alston1 HB User
Re: August Mommies!

Hey ladies! It's been a while, but I'm back. I've just been really stressed out and trying to have some me time. With that said my mom came from South Carolina to Lousiana for a week. Which was great, there is nothing like a home cooked meal! I went to the doctors last week to get an ultrasound done to find out the sex and the losers didn't realize I needed an ultrasound. So the lady that was there to do it left and I was waiting for about 50 minutes already. Then they wanted me to be okay about it and I was to mad. I yelled and walked out. I couldn't believe it. One of the most important days they go and screw up. Anywho I went back yesterday and found out it's a GIRL! I'm really excited since I can start shopping. Now at 22 weeks and 2 days I've lost a total of 15 pounds, but the baby is as healthy as can be. Funny when you want to lose weight you can't but now this little one leaves me with no choice. Other then that everything is great. I hope you all are doing well.

*About the bathing suit. I would just go to a maternity store. The bathing suits there will have support for your belly and they are really cute. I bought one a month ago. Mine has an open back that ties in the back. Regular looking underwear and a skirt that goes with it... I think it's cute. The belly isn't out either. I have a hard time going with the ones with the belly out since people still tell me I don't look pregnant. I guess I don't want people to say "Ohhh look at that girl with the belly, she knows she's wrong for that" LOL

Last edited by alston1; 04-28-2006 at 08:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2006, 07:25 AM   #3
(female)

LABOR HB User

alston1 congratulations on your baby girl.. I am 23 weeks and having a boy...
green frog on the bathing suit yeah you should try at maternity store i guess it depends on how you like to look i love showing my tummy ( not all of it, but i hate wearing lose clothes) and some people think i have like 7 months.. i dont think i big but other people do..i cant wait to go swimming as a matter of fact im going today to get my bathing suit...i saw some on line at oldnavy they are okay..

Old 04-28-2006, 09:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mommawannabee HB User

Hi Ladies!
Long time no chat! Boy, I must really be in a league of my own - You can definately tell I'm 6 months along! I have quite the belly, but I absolutely LOVE it.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:19 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User

I hear ya momma, this is my first, and my belly is big too. Has anyones belly button poked out yet? Mine is just starting too, way back in the back...

All is well here, Connor is finally starting to move more. I probably feel him 6-10 times a day. But they are still too little for daddy to feel on the outside, anyone else having this problem now?

Old 04-28-2006, 11:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mommawannabee HB User

Thank goodness I'm not the only one!! This is my first too - I'm all belly and boobs! DH told me last night that he is worried about my stomach getting too big where I'm going to be uncomfy!

My belly button is starting to poke out, but more on one side - it hasn't completely popped yet, but its starting to!

I feel my little girl, Mackenzie, more these days. Yesterday, she was very active, but today has been quiet. Daddy can't feel her yet, but I sense that will come soon within the next few weeks! It seems whenever she kicks and I put his hand there, she stops!

Old 04-28-2006, 01:55 PM   #7
(female)

Faythey HB User

oh dear, i'm definatly showing. And yes, all belly and boobs! My belly button started poking out awhile ago, and now its about halfway there.

We had an appointment today and it went well. I took the glucose test, which wasnt too bad. The drink actually tasted pretty good, but the next hour was just ups and downs. I almost fell asleep in the waiting room.

We made our appointment for a 4D u/s. Its in 2 weeks, and I'm really excited. it'll be the last time we see the baby before its born!

Wishin everyone well!

Old 04-29-2006, 08:08 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

tglenn HB User

I'm with those of you who say your all boobs and belly! My belly isn't too big but there is no mistaking that I am in deed pregnant. My lil' boy is moving all over the place but he has his quiet days too, that freak me out b/c I want to feel him and know he's OK! Daddy was able to feel him on April 19th at about 22 weeks and has been able to feel some of his movements since but definitely not all of them, yet! I think it all depends on how the baby is laying!

I am such an emotional wreck...one minute laughing and giggling and the next crying b/c of a commercial or whatever.

I have this heat rash going on underneath my boobs and on the sides of them too. I don't know if I should let it dryout or if I should keep mostiure on it? (another reason I cry) Do you have any suggestions?

By the way thanks for the swimsuit input, I'm not the one who originally asked but was interested in the subject since dh and I are going on one last vacation the end of May...MEXICO here we come!

Take care ladies!

Last edited by tglenn; 04-29-2006 at 08:10 AM.

Old 05-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User

Eeeek, tgleen, don't even get IN the water!

And daddy finally felt Connor move!!! Aww, it was so sweet! I can't wait till I can just look down and SEE him moving!

Ah, and Old Navy is a god send. I'm not really 'woman' shaped. Only 5'2, small hips, small bust... and Old Navy really caters to the younger generation. And it just feel like their clothes fit better.

Old 05-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

tglenn HB User

Don't worry ChasingPrisms...getting in the water is safe it's drinking that water that isn't! I've cleared all the do's and don'ts through my ob but thanks for the concern.

I know what you mean about seeing the baby move and about Old Navy...I love them!!!

Old 05-01-2006, 07:32 PM   #11
(female)

Faythey HB User

My old navy jeans hurt me so much! I think i just need to go back and get the kind with the belly support. I got the ones that just have the elastic in the back, and the buttons on the inside pinch and squeeze me all the time.

However, the shirts are amazing, and I can still fell young and...almost cool while wearing them!

Old 05-01-2006, 07:50 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User
Question Re: August Mommies!

Yeah, I love the full pannel, it hugs my bump!

tglenn... my doc. told me not to swim in large bodies of waters because they harbor bacteria and diseases. Guess that's just the difference in practice. Me and my boo were going to go to the lake this summer, but I don't want to go if I can't go swimming, it would just be too tempting!

Old 05-02-2006, 05:33 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

bridget021182 HB User

Hi everyone,

Im accually a Sept mommy to be but have a feeling I will be delivering in Aug. Just never know. Just wanted to say hi. I am due Sept 4 and am having a girl. The first girl on my side. My mom is so excited. She has 3 grandsons and says that she will spoil this little girl real bad. Well good luck on the rest of the pregnancies.

Bridget

Last edited by bridget021182; 05-02-2006 at 05:35 AM. Reason: forgot something

Old 05-02-2006, 05:38 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

mommawannabee HB User

Welcome Bridget!

Tglenn - have a WONDERFUL time in Mexico!! We went to Cabo 2 years ago this past October and had an amazing time! Lucky you!! I'm going through vacation withdrawal!

Chasingprisms - that's so sweet about daddy finally feeling his little one!
That happened to us on Sunday! And ever since Saturday, I've been able to see my tummy jump when my little girl gives me her love taps!

Old 05-02-2006, 08:12 AM   #15
(female)

LABOR HB User

hi girls well im glad that everybody is doing okay..and all babies are moving.. my little boy moves so much i cant believe it.. i dont know if that is normal and he kicks and kicks alllll day long.. then he will rest for a couple of hours and he starts all over again..i love it just tickles specially when he slides like a fish like real close to my skin..i dont know if you guys have felt that..last time i was in a meeting and he did that i started laughing my boss was like huh? but i have notice that when i lay on one side he really kicks.. by boyfriend feels him everynight as long as hte baby kicks but i lay down and sure enough he start bouncing like if he is in a jumping balloon..

Closed Thread