It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
(female)

haileysheets HB User
I think I'm going crazy!

Is it possible to want to be pregnant so badly that you start to feel pregnant when you're really not? I am two days late from my period, but got a big fat "negative" on my pregnancy test today. I could have sworn I was pregnant--I've been physically fatigued, my breasts have been killing me, I'm crampy, and now the late period. But now I'm really feeling like my mind/body is playing tricks on me. So frustrating. I've never been a hypochondriac before, but now I am really starting to feel like one. The waiting game begins again...

Last edited by haileysheets; 05-06-2006 at 07:20 PM.

Old 05-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
(female)

deadsy HB User
Re: I think I'm going crazy!

Hey there. When my last AF was late... I suspected I was pregnant. I took a test, it was negative. Waited two days, tested again... it was negative. Two more days past and AF still never showed, so I took another test and it was a BFP! What I am trying to say is even though your period is late, it may still be too soon to test. Wait a few days and try again. Good luck to you... I hope you get the result you want!

deadsy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2006, 07:30 AM   #3
(female)

denise6433 HB User

well if you're having the symptoms you very well could be pregnant but it still could be too soon to tell. If you are still upset and nervous (which could cause you to be late in the first place) then you might want to call your doctor and ask about getting a blood test which will be able to detect pregnancy after about 8 days max usually.and then you wont have to worry about taking a million more to double check it really was negative or positive.
But, sorry if this rains on the parade, it is possible for your body to play that kind of trick on you. If you want to be pregnant so bad, you will start to kind of convince yourself you are and your body will start to react just like you are pregnant although you know you arent but you want to think you are. My best friend was telling me about a friend of hers who this actually happened to.. she went the whole 9 months and was getting the prego belly, morning sickness and everything and after like 3 months of her thinking she was pregnant she got a BFP! it didn't show before then but the signs were there and her body starting producing enough pregnancy hormones for a positive! anyways she went the 9 months but they never got a clear u/s I guess and when it was time she was just like everyone else-swollen, sick of it, tired, and cant see your feet pregnant. She went to deliver and went through all of the steps including the pain and everything and dialating but there was no baby. I don't understand how or if they ever got a heartbeat but there was no baby... sounds really like a far fetched story but I knew the person too and I thought they were pregnant, I ever felt the belly and there was what felt like kicks. its crazy!! idk how your body can do all that but its a true story!! promise!

anyways good luck with everything and I hope I didn't scare you, i would go get the blood test and that will tell you for sure.

Always,
Denise

Old 05-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
(female)

haileysheets HB User

My body was playing tricks...lovely AF came to visit today. Maybe next month!

Closed Thread