It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #1

katie87 HB User
Measuring Big....???

Hi there everyone...I'm 25 weeks 5 days pregnant, and at my appointment yesterday my doctor measured my stomach for the first time...Well when she measured me she said that I was measuring a little big..She said she would check into it, but that was all she said about it...Now I'm a little worried about it. What does she mean I'm measuring a little big ?? Is the baby big or am I farther along then I thought? Has anyone else measured a little big??? Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2006, 06:57 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User
Re: Measuring Big....???

Im sort of in the same situation, my doc didnt seem to worry though...did they measure the fundal height? because at my last appt. i was 27 weeks and the fundal height was 32 cm, which is big..then i had an u/s at 28 weeks and he was measuring 30 weeks..but i know they can be off by a week or so...i think it can mean the baby is big or there is a lot of fluid or you could have a think uterus..im gonna ask my doc. about it when i go back on the 19th cuz he seems to be pretty big too! ill let you know when i get more info!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

I always measured large with both of my kids (I measured on average 6 weeks ahead). It was determined that I was not further along and they weren't excessively big (9lbs).

Old 05-10-2006, 11:51 AM   #4
(female)

AngelaSue HB User

I'm having the same issue as well. At my last two appt's. the first one the doc measured me and said I was measuring 2 weeks bigger than my 28 weeks (at the time). At my last appt. (2 weeks ago) she said my baby is now measuring 3 weeks bigger than my 30 weeks. She's been having me come in every 2 weeks since that first measurement to keep an eye on me, and so tomorrow is my next appt. I'm 32 weeks, and she want's me to have an ultrasound to see if what she's measuring is all baby, or if I have too much amniotic fluid, so they will measure the fluid during the ultra sound. Not sure yet, what it all means, but so far she's thinking I'm going to be having a 10 -12 lb. baby girl if I go full-term. Fortunately, I already know I'm having a C-section so, thank goodness, still nervous though.

I'll let you know what my ultrasound comes out, and see what the doc has to say after that.

Angie

Closed Thread