It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2006, 07:28 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User
sharp pain in vaginal area?

Last night i kept getting this sharp pain in the vaginal area..its happened probably 2 other times but last night it seemed worse..it would come and only lasted a few seconds then went away for about a minute and came back..it kind of scared me cuz ive never experienced this before pregnancy and have had it a few times in the past few weeks...has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any thoughts on what this could be?? id appreciate any input!!! Thanks!

Old 05-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

qt314 HB User
Re: sharp pain in vaginal area?

how far along are you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2006, 11:07 AM   #3
(female)

confusedd1234 HB User

i have experienced this too.
i posted the same question on here a few weeks ago and the women who replied said it was normal to feel like a pressure or pain.

i know how you feel believe me, i didnt know what was going on. That's why i love this board, always people to reassure you

Old 05-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User

Im glad im not alone..its such an uncomfortable feeling, it scares me that something is wrong! it just doesnt seem like a normal feeling! im 30.3 weeks!

Old 05-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #5
(female)

My5Cats HB User
Talking Re: sharp pain in vaginal area?

We had our first baby four months ago...but I just had to share my experience on this with you. Sometime in July of last year, around maybe the 15th week, I started to feel a sharp "charlie horse" type of feeling on the right side of my vaginal area. It sort of freaked me out...so I mentioned it at my next OB visit. The best way I could describe it to my Doc was as a "Crotch Cramp" and he laughed. He said all kinds of pains like that in varying areas are typical during pregnancy. Througout my pregnancy my "Crotch Cramp" persisted. It even started to spread to my right inner thigh.

Some days, no "Crotch Cramp." Other days it would bug me like crazy, I tried doing ALL kinds of stretches...nothing worked. In the last few months of my pregnancy my husband, Doc, and I just lovingly came to expect my "Crotch Cramp."

After a C-Section delivery in early January, I had been home a few days and was explaining to my husband how I missed being pregnant. "I miss the baby moving around inside of me...I miss...my CROTCH CRAMP!" It was only then that I realized I hadn't felt it at all since the baby had been born.

So my guess is that this is what you are experiencing. Hopefully yours will be only a minor annoyance like mine was, and maybe you'll even come to miss it!

-D.

Last edited by My5Cats; 05-12-2006 at 12:55 PM.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:44 PM   #6
(female)

Green Frog HB User

I am so glad someone posted that. I have felt a pain there as well a couple of times this last week (I am week 25). It kind of freaked me out, too. WEIRD!

Old 05-12-2006, 09:34 PM   #7
(female)

Beyondthesky37 HB User

I had similar pain and was told by my Ob that it was the baby hitting a nerve. That explains why it comes suddenly and then goes away because the baby is moving off an on the nerve.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:01 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Dull, achy pains that start in the groin and then progress down the leg are from the sciatic nerve being pinched somewhere (the sciatic nerve is the one that you can twang right in the middle of your butt cheek).

Sharp pains are probably from something else, like someone said, maybe the baby pressing on something, or your uterus pressing on something, etc.

I get them occasionally on the left side of my vulva for just a few seconds, and have been getting them every few days or so since I got pregnant. No biggie, it seems.

Closed Thread