It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
(female)

alazay1 HB User
4 cm dilated for 3 WEEKS!!!!

im am 37 weeks and 2 days preg. I have been dilated to a 3-4 for three weeks today! As of two weeks ago I lost my mucous plug and I am 100% effaced!!!! Why am I not going into labor? I have tried castor oil, sex, EPO, power walking you name it. Not to mention my bag of waters is bulging. Is this normal? Anyone else ever had this problem?

Old 05-12-2006, 04:43 PM   #2
(female)

j baby HB User
Re: 4 cm dilated for 3 WEEKS!!!!

the last ob i had with my ds didn't even bother to check my cervix at all. when i asked why she told me cause it didn't mean anything at all... that she had seen women dialated to 4 or 5 go for weeks, and women not dialated at all go in to labor that night. at least when you do go in to labor, you'll have a head start! good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2006, 09:30 PM   #3
(female)

Beyondthesky37 HB User

With my last pregnancy I was 3cm 80% effeaced for six weeks. This pregnancy I've been 3cm and 50% effaced for three weeks. My doctor told me she couldn't promise I'd go early but she could almost promise I'd have a lot shorter labor. My first labor was five hours so we'll see how this one goes. BTW I also tried almost everything and nothing worked for me. But the good news is the probable shorter labor.

Old 05-13-2006, 12:20 PM   #4
(female)

alazay1 HB User

thanks for the advice! Im glad to see that I am not the only one.

Old 05-14-2006, 02:26 PM   #5
(female)

sarahliz HB User
Smile Re: 4 cm dilated for 3 WEEKS!!!!

Hi,
It isn't normal in the UK to be internally examined until labour begins so we wouldn't know how dialted we were, however, I was 4com dilated ay 40 weeks and induced at 42 weeks.
I expected to go into labour after my examination at 40 weeks but didn't, when I was induced my labour, start to finish was 54mins!
You'll go into labour when your body is ready but your labour should be short.
Hope all goes okay, good luck.
Sarah XX

Old 05-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #6
(female)

shawnaslover HB User

I also walked around for weeks dialated to 4cm. I tried everything to start labor and nothing worked. So I just didn't do anything but lay around and take it easy. I also ate at Chilis on a sunday. Monday morning I was in labor. My labor lasted 6 hours and it was my first child. When I finally went I really went. Some say spicy food helps put you into labor. Who knows? I just wanted spicy food. I never lost my plug and they had to break my water. When I got to the hospital I was dilated 7cm. My husband was afriad I would walk and the baby would just fall out(men are so funny).

Closed Thread