It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2006, 10:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User
Am I too Late for LaMaze classes?

*sigh* I've been waiting for my dr. to say something about birthing classes and he hasn't said a word! I come to find out, he never tells his paitents about that, it is up to them....well how would i know! It is my first baby!

Anyway, I thought I just wasn't going to go, but then yesterday my husband said "When are we doing the Lamaze classes?" He really wants to do it...!!! I was like I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO GO, the hospital I'm delivering at doesn't have them....

I'm already in my 6th month (27 weeks), am I too late? I heard you had to start around 5 months............

Old 06-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Re: Am I too Late for LaMaze classes?

i don't think you're too late.....from what i understand, our doc just gave us a complete class package to look over.....and it seems like the lamaze class is now only a day..one saturday! said to try to get in around 7-8 months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2006, 11:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User

I wish my dr. was more informative, he didn't even SAY A WORD

Old 06-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bridget021182 HB User

Your not too late. I am 28 weeks and I am signed up for my class for July 29. Here you have the option to take 3 classes (one class a week for 2 hours each class) or one class (on a Saturday but it is a 7 hour class). We decided to take the Saturday class so that DH wouldnt miss one by not getting off of work too late. We are using a midwife and they gave us a package in the first trimester that had information about the hospital and services the hospital provides free of charge (birthing class, doula, etc.) We are also using a doula and so far we love her. Since you dont know where you could take a class call the hospital where you plan to deliver and ask them if they could refer you somewhere to take the class.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:44 AM   #5
(female)

Faythey HB User

when i was signing up for classes they told me that they didnt want you to go in too early because you'd probably forget everything. I guess they want you to finish about 2-4 weeks before your due date.

And if your hospital doesnt have any suggestions for places, you might ask your doctor. You would think they would have someone to refer

Old 06-12-2006, 01:24 PM   #6
(female)

befer70 HB User

at my hospital they want you to finish your childbirth prep/Lamaze class about 6 weeks before your due date. they tell you to register early because those classes tend to fill quickly. just try to get into one now and take it from there. i agree with the above post, that if you go too early, you might forget everything anyway!

B.

Last edited by befer70; 06-12-2006 at 01:25 PM.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

hope5756 HB User

I think that each area has different classes... i signed up for mine when i reached 12 weeks since classes do fill up quickly here...also they do offer a saturday class but only take it if you must... they dont reccomend it here since it is sooo much information for one day... the other option here was the 5 weeks course... its once a week for 5 weeks... so thats what we signed up to do starting in July since the classes only start once a month... so i go from July 5th to August 2nd... Im sure your not to late just make sure to call asap to set up a date.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #8
(female)

Green Frog HB User

Hi there. Ditto to the other posts. I signed up a long, long time ago for classes and though there were many available earlier, they wanted me to wait until closer to the end of my pregnancy. (By the way, a friend of mine suggested where to go, otherwise I would have probably been waiting for my doc to bring it up too I start classes next week (the 5 week one) and I will be at 31 weeks so you have plenty of time. I would use a search engine online and type in "local childbirth classes" and see if you can't find one in your area. Good luck with it!

Closed Thread