It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2006, 11:16 PM   #1
(female)

PrasannaS HB User
Fetal Movements and abdominal pain

I am 18W and 4 days today. Since this morning I have abdominal pulling and pain more so on the right side. I was also able to feel something hard in the lower abdomen and this hard object (I am guessing the baby's head) kept moving to my navel. This movement is like cramps. Is something wrong? Should I go to the ER? This being a weekend, my doctor/nurse is not available. I just had my usual doctor visit early this morning and I did not have any of the symptoms then. We heard the baby's heart beat and it was very active. The doctor had to chase it to trace the heartbeat.

I also feel a little hard in my lower abdomen. Your advise will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Old 07-01-2006, 12:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
Re: Fetal Movements and abdominal pain

i wonder if the hardness is braxton hicks that feels a bit like your bump goes hard and tight. i had bh's from week13 in my pg and i got them all the time. if you are worried go and see another doc but it sounds like you may be describing bh's plus an active baby. as baby moves more the movements get really strong i used to think ds was going to push through my skin like in the alien movies lol. sounds like baby is turning round - it is all wierd sensations. if you are in real pain witht his do get checked don't spend alll w/e freting. take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2006, 12:38 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

*Stace* HB User

Sounds like a combination of Braxton Hicks and round ligament pain to me...

Old 07-01-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
(female)

PrasannaS HB User

Thanks for responding. Is Braxton Hicks normal so early in pregnancy? The pain is mild. But I can clearly feel the baby moving (the hardness moving all over) when I lie down flat on my back.

Should I be concerned about BHs so early. I get the pain occassionally , say one per hour.

Old 07-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #5
(female)

AGemini HB User

I will be 18w tomorrow and have felt mild cramps since yesterday. I was also worried but found out from another board that it's just growing pains. As long as there is no bleeding, you are ok. Is this your first baby? I haven't felt any movement yet as far as I know. It's my first so not really sure what to expect. I will definately know when the baby kicks, but I know that won't be until after 20 weeks. Good luck!

Old 07-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

it is fine to have them early i thnik afterall i had them from about week 13 and ds is fine

Old 07-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

*Stace* HB User

Most women actually have Braxton Hicks' from the very beginning, you just normally can't feel them until later, but some women are more sensitive and feel them sooner......and some women never feel them at all!!

Old 07-02-2006, 05:31 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Forget the fact that it's a holiday weekend... just call your doctor's answering service and leave a message. He/She will call you back and reassure you OR will give you appropriate advice to get to the ER. Let the doctor make the call. That's why you pay him.

Closed Thread