It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2006, 08:09 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User
make yourself go in labor?

hey everyone! Well i had a doc. appt. yesterday and he wants to induce me the 10th or 11th and i really dont want to get induced..id much rather go on my own but he wont let me go past my due date (july 14th) so i was wondering if there are any ways to put yourself into labor?? and if there is, is it safe to do it? im considering doing it, but i def. wont if there will be risks to the baby by doing it...if anyone could give advice, id appreciate it! Thanks!

Old 07-01-2006, 10:11 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User
Re: make yourself go in labor?

So long as you and baby are doing okay, there is no reason for him to tell you that you can't go past your date. Most first pregnancies go over their EDD. Unless there is something wrong, I would tell him no, if thats what you want.

Don't ever think because someone has a PHD, that they can tell you what to do. It's called 'practice' for a reason. You could always get a second opinion.

Hope all works out, good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2006, 12:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Arrow Re: make yourself go in labor?

Sex and walking helps.

Old 07-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
(female)

mandimorris HB User

I'm in the same boat as you sara and i tried everything nothing works i walked over 2 miles one day and then came home rested a lil bit then had sex and nope not one contraction nothing maybe not thinking about will actually make you go into labor but nope nothing has worked for me and i'm due three days after you and the doctor says i'm gonna have a big baby so umm yea

Old 07-01-2006, 09:37 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hope5756 HB User

Well some people may think that you shouldn't listen to your doctor, but thats what they are trained to do and that why we pay them thousands of dollars... to help us have a health pregnancy and baby... so if he tells you that he wants to induce you then that is what is best, unless you can go into labor on your own which would be awsome ... also, YES many first time mommies do go into labor before their due date... i have my two best friends that both were first time moms and both had happy health babies early... one came 2 weeks early and the other was 10 days early... Anyhow, getting back to your question... i have heard getting a foot pedicure will bring on labor... that is if you are far enough along... so im sure it wouldnt hurt to try... and if it does work... PLEASE let me know... i only know of a few people that tried this, but it worked for the 2 out of 3... hope it helps you... take care!

Old 07-01-2006, 10:01 PM   #6
(female)

Savason1 HB User

Why doesn't he want you to go past your due date? I am with Chasingprisims, if there isn't anything wrong then tell him NO. Doctors are always so quick to push drugs or do c-sectons or induce right away when there is no reason for it. That is why I chose a midwife for both my babies. But anyway if there is a good reason for him to want to do it then by all means do it.

I don't know really what to tell you about starting labour. I went bowling 2 days before I had my dd????? I had her on my due date so........ the pedicure thing I have heard of and another one is nipple stimulation. That one is in the What to expect while expecting book. And orgasims........not neccessarily sex but orgasims. That is what causes your tummy to contract.

Good luck!!

Old 07-03-2006, 10:41 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User

Thank you all for the replies!! Ive tried walking, sex, car rides in a truck on back roads (my step dad suggested that cuz he did it with his ex wife) but nothing yet..i really dont think ill go on my own anytime soon, but id rather wait if thats what it takes..its getting uncomfortable but i know i dont have too much longer either way..i always get what feels like muscle spasms in my vagina..it only lasts a second but it def. makes me jump! and its beginning to feel a little crampy when he moves..but i didnt lose my mucus plug and im not having contractions, so who knows when hes coming! but anyway, my doctor wants to induce me because of the baby's size..its measuring pretty big and he cuts all of his patients when they are in labor..i forget the word..epitosomy or something?! and he said if it gets much bigger, im gonna tear pretty bad..he said he doesnt like any of his patients to go past their due dates..it doesnt make much sense to me because a lot of women do go past their due dates and id MUCH rather him come when hes ready, i really really dont want to have to get induced since there is really no medical reason for it..just because he fears of it being too big!

Old 07-03-2006, 10:46 AM   #8
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

I had a friend who used sex, and castor bean oil! Good luck!

Old 07-04-2006, 05:20 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User

My Ob hasn't performed an episiotomy in over 5 years... that frightens me that your doctor is still routinely doing them.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:05 PM   #10
(female)

befer70 HB User

there are pressure points for the female organs around the ankles, both inside and outside the ankle part. so as far as pedicures for contractions, just tell her to really massage the ankle part and not be afraid of using pressure! it doesn't work with everybody but i'v had heard of some people where it helped...if not at least you'll have nice feet and painted toenails not a bad thing either! if you're not sure where to push, look it up online and tell your hubby to massage your feet/ankles, combine that with a bit of sex, ummm, i could think of worse ways to go into labor, haha!!
i'm sure there are lots of aromatherapy and alternative solutions, but i don't really know too much about it so i don't want to even attempt! sorry.

but good luck with it and i'm sure we'll read all about your birth story soon!!

B.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:24 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User

it frightens me a bit that my doc. routinely performs episiotomies on all his patients, because ive read not many doctors do them anymore..he scares me a bit on many levels because he seems so careless towards everything..i think i trust the nurses at the hospital more than him and thats pretty bad...but ive tried a lot of things to get things going but nothing has worked..the only thing i havent really tried was the castor oil and mineral oil ive heard works..but im not sure exactly what to do with that and if its safe or not?!

Old 07-04-2006, 01:45 PM   #12
(female)

Savason1 HB User

Hi Sara20, I do feel for you! Can you not write up a birthing plan stating NO inducing unless two weeks over or episiotamy (if you don't want one) I would put my foot down and tell him the way it is going to go!! I do realize you can not always control what happens in labor but we do have choices. You pay him the big bucks not the other way around.

The last thing you need is for me to be giving you stress! Go get a pedicure(it worked for my cousin) and throw in a manicure and relax!! Maybe that is all you need to do.........relax and not think about it. When is the big day by the way?

Good luck I will be watching for your baby post.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User

I wish i could just let him come when hes ready and not try and induce it myself (unless im overdue) and no induction so im praying to god he comes soon so i dont have to! but my very first due date was july 18, which would make me 38 weeks today but my last due date was the 8th, which would make me 39.3 weeks today..i think my doc. has it as the 14th right now though, which would make me 38.4 weeks today..ive had so many due dates i get so confused but he wants to induce me on the 10th or 11th he said, so just a week away~ i truly really dont want to get induced but he routinely induces all his patients right before their due dates..i wouldnt care if there was a medical reason and had to get induced if it were the safest thing for the baby but theres not any real medical reason for it, so id much rather wait til hes ready to come..but since my doc. induces all his patients, i dont know if hell listen to me or not!

Old 07-04-2006, 02:11 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Infinitum HB User

You pay for your doctors services and their medical opinions. My doctor wouldn't let me go overdue by more than one week. She actually induced me 2 days after my due date and I'm glad she did. We all estimated my little bean would be small---under 7 pounds because I only gained 12 pounds and was average weight to begin with and my belly was small. However, when I gave birth 6 days ago----he ended up being a whopping 8 pounds. Had I waited longer to go into labor naturally, I think he would have gotten too big for me to deliver and I might have ended up in a c-section. My induction was a very pleasant expereince. You can read about it under "Micah Gabriel" is finally here.

All in all, don't heistate to ask questions of your doctor. Ask he/she the w's---who what when where and most importantly why. And if you don't want to be induced---just say no and give your reasons and weight your options together.

Good Luck!

Closed Thread