It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 05:46 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User
It feels like I'm leaking something

Lately it's felt like I'm leaking something out. Yesterday I noticed my panties were a little damp. At first I thought it was urine, but I'm only 12 weeks so I don't think incontinence should be a problem yet. I read that it's possible to leak amniotic fluid and now I'm worried. Anyone know?

Old 07-20-2006, 06:52 AM   #2
(female)

muna786 HB User
Re: It feels like I'm leaking something

Im not sure about the amniotic fluid leaking but i had the same thing happen to me, it felt like i wet my pants... I know this might be tmi but do you like in a really hot climate? maybe the heat and the Cm might have made it more damp? That what i contributed my dampness too. How does one know if it is amniotic fluid?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2006, 07:02 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Jonanner HB User

If you think you are leaking something you should call your doctor. This has never happened to me. I am at 30 weeks. I am very hot and sweaty, but I am sure I'm not leaking something. That isn't normal. Good luck!

Old 07-20-2006, 07:26 AM   #4
(female)

Yulia HB User

I had exactly the same problem. I am almost 24 weeks pregnant. After a couple of days of discovering embarassingly wet pants, I went to the labor and delivery room. They checked my cervix and the fluid and said it was leukorhhea. It is a vaginal discharge, sometimes white, sometimes fluid clear, odorless, that tends to increase as the pregnancy progresses. The nurse told me it was always smart to check it to rule out the possibility of amniotic fluid leakage and that they were seeing at least a few patients with leukorhhea on a daily basis.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:44 AM   #5
(female)

jamckit HB User

I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow & about a week & half ago I started leaking. I'm 99% sure that it is a bladder issue.( has the urine smell) I did call the dr. Got tested for a UTI (which can cause leaking), test came back clear, & the dr wasn't concerned about the leaking. It has actually pretty much subsided now. Call the dr for reassurance. It will make you feel better. Just wear some pantyliners that will help you stay fresher & goodluck.

Old 07-20-2006, 08:53 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by muna786
Im not sure about the amniotic fluid leaking but i had the same thing happen to me, it felt like i wet my pants... I know this might be tmi but do you like in a really hot climate? maybe the heat and the Cm might have made it more damp? That what i contributed my dampness too. How does one know if it is amniotic fluid?
I don't live in a hot climate, but there has been a heatwave hear and yesterday I wore nylon instead of cotton panties, so maybe that is it? I dunno, I actually have a 'leaking' feeling. And I always feel like I have to pee really bad when I don't. I guess that's probably typical though. I go to the clinic later for my sonogram, so maybe I can just ask the nurse practitionor then.

Old 07-20-2006, 09:20 AM   #7
(female)

muna786 HB User

Let me know how it goes!! Good luck!

Old 07-20-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

almac HB User

Good time for this post. Today I felt a leaking feeling also. Im almost 23weeks and I have had an increase of discharge anyway so I just assumed it was this. When I got to the washroom it turned out to be.. just wet. No smell.. no color. It dried up like water, very odd. My first assumption was amniotic fluid. Ive been pretty paranoid since I started noticing small amounts of discharge that resembeled my mucus plug (stringy boogy like). I have a Doctor appt. on Monday, so I'll find out for sure then.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User

Mine was just watery. The nurse practitioner told me it was in fact just discharge because it happens when it's hot out. Hope everything turns out ok for you. I'm sending good vibes your way!!

Last edited by ament; 07-20-2006 at 01:54 PM.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:42 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

newmom2be HB User

well i had that as i was 37 weeks but that was cuz my water was starting to break well my kid is now 4 months old and a new one on the way go to the doc to make sure ur fine ok please update me

Closed Thread