It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2006, 11:05 AM   #1
(female)

lekstroh HB User
uterus growing too fast

What could be wrong if your uterus is growing too fast?? I am 10 weeks and I can feel the top of my uterus, and it is measuring 13cm above my pubic bone. Does that mean something could be wrong, or does that sometimes happen.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User
Re: uterus growing too fast

A uterus that is too big is usually a sign of a problem, but not always. Reasons can range from multiple gestation (twins or triplets), fibroids (sometimes painful but rarely dangerous), to excess amniotic fluid, which can be an indication of devastating genetic abnormalities. And, of course, it's also possible that what you're touching isn't your uterus. At any rate, the best thing to do is go to a doctor ASAP and, if he agrees that the uterus is too big, go for an u/s right away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2006, 12:03 PM   #3
(female)

lekstroh HB User

That is what I was thinking, that maybe I wasn't even touching my uterus. Until after sex, my uterus always goes hard. And that is when I confirmed that it was my uterus, cause bowels don't contract after sex. Thanks for your responce.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -

If you've had a previous pregnancy so your uterus has stretched once already, it's common to "show" earlier with following pregnancies. Could that be it?

I second the idea to call your doctor so you won't worry over nothing. The doctor is paid to care for you and your baby, so it's important you express your concerns to the doctor. If you don't speak up, how will the doctor know what's going on?

Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 07-24-2006, 12:57 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

Don't take the fact that it hardens after sex to mean it's the uterus. It could just be muscle you're feeling, that's hardening because it's attached to the uterus which hardens. It could still not be the uterus -- but I would go to a doctor, because some of the things that could cause an abnormally large uterus are cause for concern.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:57 PM   #6
(female)

lekstroh HB User

Well this is my third pregnancy, and with my second pregnancy my uterus was always smaller for my dates, that is why I am worried. I should go to the doctor I just feel stupid this is my third child, and I should not be going to him for every little thing.
Thanks for replying.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

leks
if this is baby number 3 i am sure that therefore it is normal to show so soon - and therefore be able to feel it. i would just check for sur ewith the doc.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:01 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

marriot HB User

Every little thing?! If you doctor makes you feel bad about asking him questions that are important to you, then you might want to think about switching. You're worried and it sounds like you'll continue to worry until you visit your doctor. If I were you I'd be on the next bus to his office. Why take any chances? Your health, and your baby's health, are the most important things in the world.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:44 PM   #9
(female)

lekstroh HB User

Well I went to the doctor, and he is thinking a twin pregnancy. Go for an US in 3 weeks.

Old 07-26-2006, 03:46 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

newmom2be HB User

wow im havign twins too so this is crazy so actually yall have 4 kids wow i will have 3 my daughter is just 5 months and pregnant with twins am about 11 or 12 weeks i dont remember lol well good luck

Old 07-26-2006, 09:23 AM   #11
(female)

lekstroh HB User

Hi Nwemom2be,

That is cool, we are due around the same time. That is great to have kids soo close together. I have a question for you, Since we are both around 11 weeks. Can you feel the top of your uterus?? What is it measuring??

I don't have a confirmed twin pregnancy, just that my uterus is pretty big. My doc was comparing on where my uterus was with my other children and at 11 or 12 weeks he couldn't feel it. He says that it could be bigger with more pregnancies, but since with my second it was never bigger, it was actually smaller that he doesn't think there would be a huge difference. So he says that it is either I am further along, but I took a pg test 6 days before my last period and it was neg, then 3 days later took another and it was postive. So I don't think so, or that I am pg with twins.

I have suspected it for 3 weeks or so, this pregnancy is completly different from the others, and I have a boy and a girl. Anyway, thanks for listening, well reading.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:50 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

Why are you waiting 3 weeks for the u/s? If it's twins, it's fine, but what if it's not?

Old 07-26-2006, 11:36 AM   #13
(female)

lekstroh HB User

Cause this early in a pg, there is not too much that a big uterus tells, usually twins or being further along than expected. I originally was worried about too much amniotic fluid, but that usually occurs later on in pregnancy, not this early. I also have no cramping or bleeding, and he heard a strong heard beat, so he says he has no reason to think anything is wrong.

Closed Thread